Drag Racing Drag Racing (legal) & Associated Topics

Formal Announcment from Magnus Motorsports

Search this Thread

Old 03-09-2008, 03:36 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: (turbolshatch)

Writing something like that on their trailer just shows how unprofessional these guys really are. If you are a real professional (like marco) you just let your product do the talking. My hat is off to Marco for staying so calm and still retaining his professionalism,
MAGNUS FTW!!!!
Old 03-12-2008, 06:39 PM

Default Re: (TOILETDUCK)

Don't worry about Buscher.. Magnus makes a PIMP manifold which is proven to make power!
Old 03-12-2008, 07:46 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

My sister used the Magnus manifold on her evo 8 and loves it. It fit well and made good top end power. No complaints here.
Old 03-13-2008, 04:40 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (93turbo16)

Need we forgot Magnus builds the most powerfull 4G63 in Rau's car what does Busher have nothing, only a bunch of loyal nut swingers, on any other board I see Bucher screwed me threads. Plain and simple Busur is just jealous of Marco.
Old 03-13-2008, 06:37 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Formal Announcment from Magnus Motorsports (BIGTUNA)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by BIGTUNA &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">After the lack of class exhibited by Buschar Racing at NDRA Norwalk 06 nothing surprises me.</TD></TR></TABLE>

cliffnotes?
Old 03-13-2008, 07:31 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Formal Announcment from Magnus Motorsports (alexsracing)

NOTES:
Buchur goes to track with fast car,
runs, no cage gets the boot, claims a "honda racer" ratted him out threw up a hissy fit this is what I would expect from my two year old son, not from a 35+ man ranting and raving about us and the track and what ever else you can think about, his one post tunred into a huge thread. In the end a dsm racer ratteed him out. not sure if that post still exists but quite amusing.

Modified by authority 1 at 12:11 PM 3/13/2008
Old 03-13-2008, 07:52 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Formal Announcment from Magnus Motorsports (authority 1)

We're a proud customer of the Magnus Intake/Tranny

Marcos you are my H E R O O O O O !!!!

Fernando @ CFT
Old 03-13-2008, 09:06 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Formal Announcment from Magnus Motorsports (authority 1)

This is the original thread after the Norwalk incident,

https://honda-tech.com/zerothread?id=1783510

After the lack of class at the event Dave Buschur sent this letter out.

David Buschur
President
Buschur Racing, Inc.

Well guys this is going to be a long one. Make sure you read it before you jump down my throat.

First off I have been racing now for, as much as I hate to admit it, 24 years. The entire Import Scene that started back in the late '80 and early '90's was freaking awesome. I have a ton of great memories from then. The racing scene was great. I have some videos and pictures that would make you laugh. You built a car, brought it to the track and raced it. It was fun, it was raw and it was crazy.

As time passed I built my AWD into a car that had a fuel cell, roll bar, 5 point harnesses and thought it was cool. I thought it was so cool that I built a back halfed DSM and took it to get chassis inspections and made sure it was legal, becuase then I thought I was the man with this car. I thought it was so cool I went really nuts and built a full tube chassis Eagle Talon and went through the same process again. I use to love to have it inspected at the track and IF there was in issue I'd be glad to have it taken care of. It was COOL!!

Well here I am today, I haven't competed in the "Import Racing" of today in about 5 years. I wrecked the tube chassis car, got sick of the corporate BS it took to go to the track and just quit. Until this weekend I didn't realize how bad the "Import Scene" had gotten. It is filled with a bunch of crying candy *** wimps with their panties in a bunch. Their cars are garbage and put together with crap. They all think they are Professional racers and car builders apparently. I'd value my Walmart bought riding mower higher than most of the crap I saw this weekend.

Here is what has me ticked off. We all went to NOPI this weekend. Looking to have some fun. Had no idea what any class any of our cars fit into. We did go knowing that the track officials or NOPI officials would probably kick all of our cars off the track for lack of safety equipment if they caught us. The black shop car for example has to have a parachute to legally run NOPI because if you exceed 150 mph it is mandatory you pull the chute. Well it doesn't have one and we probably aren't putting one on it, it doesn't need it, it stops fine.

My RS has no rollcage and neither does Jarrod's car, both are below the limit of needing one.

Anyway, we go through tech and ask which classes to run. They put my RS and Jarrod in Power Street and the black car in Turbo 4. They go through tech without a problem.

My car is the number 1 qualifier running a 10.15, 10.2 and 10.2. The next closest guy is 10.8. Jarrod was running 12's (as usual-haha) and then finally busted out a few 11.7's, then a few 11.4's ending with a best of 11.41@130mph on a 1.9 60foot. He was having traction issues all weekend with ALL 60' foots being 1.90-2.0. He was trying to get used to the new setup and launching the car.

Well one of these whiney little punks that were in our class went to the tech officials and whined about me not having a roll bar. I was not mad that I was being disqualified, I was mad that somone who had what they considered a "race car" but couldn't beat the car I drove to the track had to find a way to get rid of my car. Now consider the fact that my car as all the door beams, air bags, it has 8,000 miles on it, is absolutely perfect and compare that to the broken down pieces of crap that were there. These POS's that I looked at were in my opinion junk. Yes, they had a roll bar, some of the welds looked like they were done with bubble gum, they had 5 point harnesses too. But they were high mileage garbage. I can gaurantee you not as safe, stable or nearly as well put together as our cars. Who's is really safer? This worn out POS or a perfectly put together car with all the factory safety equipment? That I am sure is debateable. I can tell you I would not personally drive over half the cars in the class. Hell you'd have to pressure wash them out to get me to sit in them.

After this happened I got pissed off and decided I was going to start teching some cars and turning them in. It was a joke. No scatter shields, no driveshaft loops, illegal tires, non-certified roll cages, improperly mounted seat belts, no window nets. The list is huge. It was so huge I would venture to say any car in my class could have been thrown out for something being wrong if the cars were actually inspected like they should be for this "wannabe racer class".

It was very disapointing to me that a fellow racer would turn in another car for a "safety" issue. Now I could understand it if I was cheating by doing something that gave me a power advantage like NOS that wasn't legal, alcohol, slicks etc. To me if I choose not to have a rollbar in the car I drive my kid to school in then that is my problem and if I can slide by tech then good for me. My rollbar is not going to have any effect on someone else's safety in the class or how fast the car goes. I could put a legal bar in this car that would weight maybe 50 pounds, that won't even effect the times it runs.

The next day Jarrod was also protested, he went too fast by .08 seconds, as soon as he did some school girl went and told on him and he was also booted for no roll bar.

It ticked me off, needless to say. If this is what they consider Import Racing now you can keep it. I only wish I knew for sure who they crying babies were. I have my ideas but non of the poeple I confronted had the ***** to admit it, such is fact of life. The world is filled with guys that don't have a set of *****.

IF by chance I am lucky enough that the guy (s) that protested Jarrod and myself read this............to you I say, I hope that your car burns to the ground. Whether or not you are in it when it happens, I could care less. The world is full of balless whiners, a few less wouldn't hurt a thing.

If you can't beat someone find a way to weazle your way out of racing them, that's always a good solution. You freaking douche bags.

I took great pleasure in taking my protested car 25 miles up the road that night and getting a great steak dinner and then driving 35 miles back home in it. No trailer, number 1 qualifier and protested by some panty wastes all in one day, that is a good day!

To the rest of you, I had a great time this weekend and it was an absolute pleasure meeting everyone else!

David Buschur
President
Buschur Racing, Inc.

Classy
Old 03-13-2008, 09:15 AM
Honda-Tech Member

there are no words to describe this guy, dis-honest and stupid , he knew all the cars needed saftey equipment and lied to the tech guys when they asked him how fast it would run....thats how he got by the initial inspection.

this is just another show of what kind of guy he is.....
Old 03-13-2008, 10:15 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 7 Likes on 4 Posts
Default Re: (93turbo16)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by 93turbo16 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">My sister used the Magnus manifold on her evo 8 and loves it. It fit well and made good top end power. No complaints here.</TD></TR></TABLE>

I thought she did. Wasn't quite sure though.

But, yeah, I remember that whole Norwalk incident (my god, has it been 2 years already?!?!). Lost tons of respect for those guys. Simply classless.

Hope this all blows over, Magnus & co.
Old 03-13-2008, 11:27 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Formal Announcment from Magnus Motorsports (Turbo-charged)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Turbo-charged &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">the evo community sucks. i love the cars, but the message forums are NOTHING but drama haha

</TD></TR></TABLE>

Man that is so true. I can't even go over there without getting angry. It is getting a little better, but a lot of the guys think their **** doesn't stink just because they have and EVO. It really helps you to realize how nice Honda-Tech is and the quality of the people here. It is a big wiener measuring contest over on EVOm.

I can't believe that picture is still being posted...ha ha. I forgot that I was still hosting it. I'll leave it up for life. They were all hardasses when they put it on the trailer but you should have seen the looks on their faces when I walked up to snap a few pictures

Marco best of luck, and just so you know what he has done to you has turned a lot of loyal people away from his business. I for one refuse to promote his shop for many reasons...his bashing of you included. A pretty sizable group of EVO owners are older and educated individuals and can appreciate an ethical way of doing business, and will avoid vendors that have an unethical way of conducting business like DB. He doesn't know squat about motors and could never begin to explain why one manifold behaves differently than another on the dyno, and how one is beneficial over another. The stock manifold is great for stock turbo cars...hell the head only loses 12 or so cfm after bolting the manifold on. Anyway...I think you handled it in the proper manner and most people feel that way FYI.

Here are mine. Sorry EVOs....the Honda gets the garage

Old 03-14-2008, 07:52 AM
King of the One Liners

You are a baller luke
Old 03-14-2008, 08:50 AM
Old Schooler

Default Re: Formal Announcment from Magnus Motorsports (Marco)

Marco dont take anything this guy says to Heart.

He has been the laughing stock of the Import community for many years. I will give you an example. Mid 1990s he and one of his co workers called me at STR when Bergenholtz and myself worked there and This so called Professional called the shop to Talk madness and to see if we where going to make a trip back east for the IDRC nationals in E Town. If I recal correctly he was saying something like bring your POS to E town so we can give you a a$$ woppen and was just off the handle. Who calles a shop to talk maddness like that. (Oh yeah this so called professional David Busher) Well to make this story short. We show up to e Town and give this guy the A$$ woppen of a life time and he gets all upset. Now it was our turn to talk madness. LOL Every round we beat this guys back half eclipse with our full interrior honda CRX I would make a point to go over to his pits and laugh at him and say you just got beat by a grogery getter. This guy got so mad he went and cried to the guys at IDRCto ask Mike to tell us to stop . So Mike Feria comes over to us and says Hey Tom could you please stop heckling the guys at Busher Racing. I just started to laugh and almost fell out of my chair in hisatricks. LOL Needless to say none of this guys cars ever could compete so He quit racing. This guy is a joke.

So dont take anything this guy has to say to heart. He is a winey fool

Tom Jung
Old 03-15-2008, 10:11 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Formal Announcment from Magnus Motorsports (TOM J)

Everybody thank you for the kind words.

4 piston, that is a sweet driveway

I appreciate this forum, as it keeps all the drag racers in the loop with each other. There isn't enough of us left!

Tom, I remember that story, You are 100 percent right on all of it. I just wanted to make it clear what kind of guy we are dealing with. You should have heard some of the things he said on the phone with me, the finest part of the whole conversation was him saying he was gonna "sink my business" after he "proves" that my parts don't work. Kinda seems like his mind was made up when said that. The only thing he has done with this is sunk himself to new lows. He can be the laughing stock of the import world all he wants, don't attack me and don't drag my companies name and the hardworking guys who work here down to your sorry level. Let this be a lesson to all of you who deal with this guy, these are his true colors!
Old 01-14-2009, 03:55 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Formal Announcment from Magnus Motorsports

NSFW VULGAR LANGUAGE

Butchers lawyer Slim Al from dynoflash got caught on tape saying that Butcher had a personal problem with magnus

listen to the long winded version here http://www.mediafire.com/?vg150kvzdiu

I suggest the remixed version here which gets right to the point. THIS ONE IS WAY BETTER http://www.mediafire.com/?kmnz1njjmuj

SHAME ON YOU BUTCHER RACING, you are all a bunch of crybabies. I find it disgusting how a lawyer could intentionally get involved in this, he should be disbarred.

these guys got so many people hating on them there's a facebook account

and youtube channel http://www.youtube.com/user/pussyrade

dedicated to hating on him. Do yourself a favor dont spend any money with this guy or recomend him to anyone.
Old 01-14-2009, 03:57 PM
Honda-Tech Member

BTW NSFW DUE TO VULGAR LANGUAGE

the magazine in question was Dsport, they were in on the whole scam it seems, heard they ripped off all the racers back in 2001 or something. i have a copy of the mag i should scan it.
Old 01-14-2009, 04:47 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by Turbo-charged
haha! i forgot about that!

i had to do a file search in my brain for that one lol.....
Old 01-14-2009, 04:49 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Who cares.
Old 01-15-2009, 04:52 AM
H-T Administrator

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

I care. This is about slander and libel, so I'd like to see where this goes
Old 01-15-2009, 08:24 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Magnus ftw, amazing manifolds and always willing to give a helping hand even to a hondaguy like myself. This guy even opened up the dyno one early morning just so i can get my car to the track on off hours and always gives a hand in working out bugs i would never find. FOR THAT

MAGNUS once again FTW also with a manifold that works wonders on my H
Old 01-15-2009, 10:59 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Marco is a standup guy , this doesn't look good at all for Buscher... now he knows what it feels like for someone to slander his name.
Old 01-15-2009, 11:18 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Magnus ftw i only wish i could afford one of the manifolds. Defiantly on my future part list!
Old 01-15-2009, 11:38 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by 905_Legend
Marco is a standup guy , this doesn't look good at all for Buschur... now he knows what it feels like for someone to slander his name.
Damn right, false accusations like grow the hell up ,honestly who can stoop so low as to make up stuff and go around pretending like its true. To that i say GFYS(grow the hell up your not 10years old) and MAGNUS FTW plus 10points

MAAAAACO why me caa no go straight MAAAAACO

Last edited by Clayton; 01-15-2009 at 12:40 PM. Reason: **Edited cause Tony can't spell**
Old 01-15-2009, 03:42 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

On the original topic since it was brought back from the dead, not cool of Bushur to ****ing do what he did to throw Magnus under the bus... Magnus is proven product/ manufacturer! Glad they decided to support some of our applications (even though not my outcast motor). I know their intake manifold makes power cause I know a couple of cars (dsm/ evo) have/ are running them. Brent Rau's 4g63 powerhouse built by magnus in his modified car though pretty much says it all...
Old 01-16-2009, 01:43 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by twkdCD595
On the original topic since it was brought back from the dead, not cool of Bushur to ****ing do what he did to throw Magnus under the bus... Magnus is proven product/ manufacturer! Glad they decided to support some of our applications (even though not my outcast motor). I know their intake manifold makes power cause I know a couple of cars (dsm/ evo) have/ are running them. Brent Rau's 4g63 powerhouse built by magnus in his modified car though pretty much says it all...
I agree 100% with you. What kind of engine are you running?

Quick Reply: Formal Announcment from Magnus Motorsports