Notices
Drag Racing Drag Racing (legal) & Associated Topics

Erick Aguilar's car on cover of honda tuning... good interview inside!!

Search this Thread

Old 01-30-2003, 02:53 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Erick Aguilar's car on cover of honda tuning... good interview inside!!

as stated in the title!!

good article, he talks about suspension/wheelie bar tuning, Clutches, and the K series among other things... he also kinda calls out Honda to put more $ into drag racing... check it out!!
Old 01-30-2003, 03:32 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: Erick Aguilar's car on cover of honda tuning... good interview inside!! (civic disobedience)

... he also kinda calls out Honda to put more $ into drag racing.!!
It's about time. I hope they listen
Old 01-31-2003, 05:26 AM

Default Re: Erick Aguilar's car on cover of honda tuning... good interview inside!! (rolow)

Definitely about time!! They are going to be left behind and the next thing you know the whole sport will revolve around domestic companies like GM.
Old 01-31-2003, 05:34 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Erick Aguilar's car on cover of honda tuning... good interview inside!! (J&D Motorsports)

absolutely!! GM and Ford really seem to be pouring a lot of $ in, and with cash the development will really take off. Aguilar seems more than willing and able to do make honda engines do amazing things if he had the factory money to be able to focus on race development. I really hope this happens, I would hate to see a dumb move by Honda put us out of the sport!!
Old 01-31-2003, 07:04 AM
H-T Administrator

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts
Default Re: Erick Aguilar's car on cover of honda tuning... good interview inside!! (civic disobedience)

Erick isn't the first to call Honda on, in an article. I can remember many many others trying the same thing, to very little avail. For some reason Honda has no problem pouring millions into their road racing campaigns, and yet the whole sprot compact drag thing must not seem lucrative enough for them. WE all know that Formula 1 is the biggest form of motorsport in the world, but c'mon Honda sew your oats a bit. For any of you who who know the Ford Focus, or Mustang, you may know tha nane of a tuner that does those two cars named Sean Hyland. Sean has a shop here in my little town in Canada, and he asked a few people that are involved in the sport compact market to come out to his shop one night, to have a tour, and talk about his ideas with the focus. It was kinda of a focus group ( No pun intended). So we all went out and had a look around the shop (beatiful facility btw) and then after we were all said and done, we went and sat in a conferance room with Sean, and this other guy, in a Ford Motorsports shirt. We got to talking about different possible packages that you would be able to buy right from the dealer. and the end result was http://www.seanhylandfocus.cc and the EVO. Pretty cool car, but the point of this post was to tell you guys what the guy in the Ford Motorsports shirt said. Turns out he was a VP from Ford, and told us all he could care less about selling us a Focus, just that He and Ford were more concerned with selling us the average of 8 new cars each over a lifetime. So they figured if they put money into our segment, theyd have a chance of selling us those 8 cars over our lifetimes, and make us brand loyal. Didn't woprk for me, as I still think Ford's build quality isn't there yet, but none the less, if Honda would adopt that kind of mentality, it may just have a shot of regaining alot of lost customers. Sorry for the rant, but I felt I needed to tell that sotry.

Clayton
Old 01-31-2003, 07:13 AM

Default Re: Erick Aguilar's car on cover of honda tuning... good interview inside!! (Clayton)

is this erick guy from northern NJ?
Old 01-31-2003, 07:26 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Erick Aguilar's car on cover of honda tuning... good interview inside!! (theclutchpoppa)

I think he is from California, don't recall, the article is at home. I just read the article and thought that people in this forum would be interested in checking it out. I am not with the race team or the magazine... just a drag racer.
Old 01-31-2003, 08:43 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Ericks shop is in torrance.