Drag Racing Drag Racing (legal) & Associated Topics

Bisimoto's 1004hp 2012 Civic Coupe

Search this Thread

Old 02-09-2012, 09:42 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Re: Bisimoto's 1004hp 2012 Civic Coupe

Nobody deny's his ability to build, or tune or even produce products. I think he's very smart.. I think the way he markets things, is a **** poor job. I think claiming things that he's only "helped" devolope as his own is not wise neither.

His responses shows ignorance. Maybe everything others post are not always truth, and are probably mostly exaggerated. As a person in this business, "I" Know what its like. I see it, and hear it everyday, through the forums, facebook, phone, txt's email.. everything. But when people call you on something, you dont beat around the bush...Making headway in designing something and then racing are two different things.. I think everyone agrees, that tracking this car, would be way more impressive then the 1000whp number.

I would love to see low 8's high 7's out of this car...but i know you're too "busy".
Old 02-09-2012, 09:48 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by crxrider
In recent times I have stoped reading car magazines, due to the **** editiors, handing jobs to friends and the back room politics that go on. I also dont pay attention to blogs or peoples opinions on car forums. I saw a link to this on Facebook, lol. Over the years of building cars and being around all forms of motorsports I have witnessed Bisi products making power and then also making half the power as another companies part. It all boils down to the engine and set up. I am not taking a side here as that would be an opening to be termed a "hater" either way.

What I am saying is it would be nice to see this current civic run at the track, maybe he could get mr sheepey to bring that eg drag car? It will be interesting to see what happens from here. I know in the past that contacting Bisi's company has been less than rewarding and that its impossible to talk to him at an event due to the "hordes" of people that are around him all the time.

The call out could turn into a good thing for the hobby, maybe it could spark a return of import drag racing to the forefront of the hobby. after all thats where it all started from. Being out in Ohio means you do get cut off from alot of the things that "supposedly" go on in Cali, however if this race happens I want a date and time so if possible I can attend to see what happens with my own two eyes.
Alex recently informed me that he sold the Eg to MarcP down in Florida. I had no idea and was wondering what was going on with it since everyone was talkin about his Integra.
Old 02-09-2012, 10:19 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I currently race my 67mm true street car. I will be out there to have fun with yll, but I do my own thing. So no offense to anyone, but please keep me out of this. Thank you

-alex
Old 02-09-2012, 10:32 AM
GSRcaucAZN78

Originally Posted by Bisimoto
Miller, I accept your challenge. My Civic will be touring with Honda for most of the first half of this year, however, do not fret. I purchased a two car trailer, and I will be coming to you!
I'll pay your way into the May 6th Las Vegas Gambler's race ($600) if you come out: https://honda-tech.com/forums/drag-racing-36/official-fwd-gamblers-race-may-6th-las-vegas-import-face-off-3023039/

Last edited by HybridMT; 02-09-2012 at 10:54 AM.
Old 02-09-2012, 10:35 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Oh this is the good part!
Old 02-09-2012, 10:45 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by HybridMT
I'll pay your way into the May 6th Las Vegas Gambler's race if you come out: https://honda-tech.com/forums/showthread.php?t=3023039
well you know bisi won't do that, since the car is "with honda" touring the country, but why not come out TO MIR or even the fall nationals at e-town and run, put your money where your mouth is.
Old 02-09-2012, 10:52 AM
Honda-Tech Member

He won't do it.
Old 02-09-2012, 10:54 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by sheepey
I currently race my 67mm true street car. I will be out there to have fun with yll, but I do my own thing. So no offense to anyone, but please keep me out of this. Thank you

-alex
wasnt trying to mean any disrespect alex, was just hoping to see that thing run.
Old 02-09-2012, 10:55 AM
Honda-Tech Member

what type of events does honda take the car to ????
Old 02-09-2012, 11:03 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Any publicity is good publicity. None the less bidi get your *** to the drag strip and stop playing
Old 02-09-2012, 11:03 AM
Honda-Tech Member

No worries pimpin, I understand. Ill def be doing some good amounts of racing this year.
Old 02-09-2012, 11:06 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by dturbocivic
what type of events does honda take the car to ????
Shows at any given city convention center where some 65 year old **** looking at the new vette will be suckered into thinking that thing actually makes 1000whp.
Old 02-09-2012, 11:14 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Over 11k views in two days. I guess he's got someone's attention.
Old 02-09-2012, 12:30 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Custom grounds kit made to your specs....avail now !! 11k views maybe I can make a sale hahah
Old 02-09-2012, 01:03 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by Whitfield Inc.
Custom grounds kit made to your specs....avail now !! 11k views maybe I can make a sale hahah
LMAO!
Old 02-09-2012, 01:04 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Shame on you Whitfield ! Calling out on a public forum. Bad!
Old 02-09-2012, 01:30 PM
Honda-Tech Member

I have NEVER heard of the Velazco shop you speak of. I have never run a 104mm stroke as well. The great thing is that NHRA and NOPI measured my displacement of the F22 and D15 respectively due to protests, and verified my displacement.
It was actually Lopez Crankshaft. The last one I saw of yours there was 104.Xmm H/F crank.

Web does not sell our proprietory profiles to the public. They are made here in the US by Web to our exacting and tested specifications. Unlike others, I take pride in my camshaft partnership with them. They are meticulous, and I have had great success with them for over a decade.
Just to clarify, you are saying the profiles you sell as your own, your "exacting specifications" for all of the street profiles you sell, can't be purchased through any web dealer? I just want to make sure that's what you are saying.

And would you like to comment on the issue of missing cam cards?

Steve Brown was one of my fabricators, and was Randy Monroe's (RIP) apprentice, as Randy was my first fabricator. They both backdoored designs to others, and we had falling outs because of it. They had no idea what lengths, steps or angles were ideal for each engine application/specifications, as I performed the dyno analysis, and documentation. A "ton" of backdoored untis were not sold, as people found out soon that some of the dimensions were not ideal for theri applications. It is common to encounter people who are not trustworthy. My current fabricators are very good, honest, and loyal. I cannot weld, but I am good at testing and design.
Randy was pretty adamant that you had nothing to do with designing any part of the headers you had originally claimed to have designed. If he were here today, he'd still say the same thing. (May you rest in peace brother)

Another thing I want to ask directly. Are any part of "your" current "designs" dimensions, and other specifications the results of the use of Burns Stainless X design software?
Old 02-09-2012, 01:40 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by RASE
It was actually Lopez Crankshaft. The last one I saw of yours there was 104.Xmm H/F crank.

Just to clarify, you are saying the profiles you sell as your own, your "exacting specifications" for all of the street profiles you sell, can't be purchased through any web dealer? I just want to make sure that's what you are saying.

And would you like to comment on the issue of missing cam cards?

Randy was pretty adamant that you had nothing to do with designing any part of the headers you had originally claimed to have designed. If he were here today, he'd still say the same thing. (May you rest in peace brother)

Another thing I want to ask directly. Are any part of "your" current "designs" dimensions, and other specifications the results of the use of Burns Stainless X design software?
Old 02-09-2012, 02:00 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

All I am going to say is that, I will book the hotel and plane as soon as Blowmoto confirms.
Old 02-09-2012, 02:51 PM
T^M
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by Ineed$
Haters ball in full effect Hate! Hate! Hate! Hate! Hate! Aghhh shadd up!

Nobody beats the biz remember that line, this man doesn't even have to respond to this immaturity. Bisi is proven time and time again, and not only that but a very creative, idealistic, educated, pioneer of this industry! How dare anybody contest this guy are you serious? Shame on all of you. I fear the only thing all of you have done is awaken a sleeping giant.

Get em Biz

Yours truly, Benzo
Indeed
theres nothing wrong with building cars with manufactures, to whatever hp it is it doesn't necessarily for it to be a race car. Just like concepts.
Old 02-09-2012, 02:55 PM
T^M
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by West Werks
***News Flash***

So most of you know, some do from the posts I read, Bisi DOES NOT do majority of the work himself. He is a puppet, plain and simple.

I will not reveal names (as it could hurt feelings), but I personally know people who used to work for him. I have first hand knowledge on how Bisi himself doesn't know what he "spits", but he surrounds himself with very knowledgeable people.

So you "nut-swingers", keep on swinging... It's all smoke in mirrors.

Sh*t, I know he doesn't mfg any of his own products let alone even "designs" ANY of his own products. Everything, I mean everything, is outsourced.

He is a marketer, and that is it.
Wow this has gone out of hand.
Old 02-09-2012, 03:05 PM
OG Fabricator

Originally Posted by West Werks
***News Flash***

So most of you know, some do from the posts I read, Bisi DOES NOT do majority of the work himself. He is a puppet, plain and simple.

I will not reveal names (as it could hurt feelings), but I personally know people who used to work for him. I have first hand knowledge on how Bisi himself doesn't know what he "spits", but he surrounds himself with very knowledgeable people.

So you "nut-swingers", keep on swinging... It's all smoke in mirrors.

Sh*t, I know he doesn't mfg any of his own products let alone even "designs" ANY of his own products. Everything, I mean everything, is outsourced.

He is a marketer, and that is it.
Dont take this the wrong way, but thats actually how most successful businesses are ran, if the owner was doing all the work he cant run the business, thus highering others to do the work, and also, if you dont have the means to manufacture but you have an idea or someone else has an idea and you buy the rights to it, most times this gets outsourced (hopefully not out of the US), saves you from buying tons of machinery and shop space. Bisi is a business man, and in my opinion a good one, he just needs a good quality control system....

this is my opinion though on his business dealings, as for the HP numbers, lets see a mph to back them up.
Old 02-09-2012, 03:19 PM
T^M
Honda-Tech Member

Thanks, OP for your question, and the answer is: yes. This civic will replace my Insight as my personal race car.

Now as for the comments in this SIX page thread, I see people lumped in these groups:
Curious enthusiasts.
Supporters
Trolls
Bandwagoning Has-beens

My thoughts?
Miller, I accept your challenge. My Civic will be touring with Honda for most of the first half of this year, however, do not fret. I purchased a two car trailer, and I will be coming to you!

Mr. Jason Whitfield...shame on you. You called me out? Here is my challenge to you....I will run you, heads up: My All motor Insight vs. your turbocharged Cobalt. Next Fontana event, be there.

What people tend to forget is that I came from street racing...not very proud of it, but it paid for most of my schooling. Guys from Lucky, wicked, matrix, 400m, and Compton can attest.

The questions came up to why I have been away from competitive racing since June of 2010, I have been working...very hard. I miss, and love drag racing so much.

While some of my "honda brothers" are here bashing me, I have been working closely with Honda trying to get them to support and realize the importance of fwd honda drag racing. I have been to Torrance 6 times this year alone, fighting for you guys and making great progress with the powers that be at the Honda Corporate office. Great things are coming, and that is how dedicated I am to the platform.

However, I see some just talking on HT, and NEVER put their neck out on the line for ANYTHING. All they do is bash others who move forward.

This is, however, a great place for me to answer some questions about the build:
The angle of the Turbonetics turbo was very radical for SEMA (38 degrees!), and proved to be very aesthetically appealing...however it was not proper for oil scavenging, and has since been rectified to a healthy 13 degree angle. This happened 2 days after the SEMA show.

The civic was built in 1 month, including many sleepless nights, and I literally fell ill during the project due to exhaustion. It was impossible to race it during that timeline, but I have excellent data that shows the K24z7 as a great platform.

Technology is designed inhouse, and for those who think otherwise, prepared to be shocked with tons more that are soon to be released, and showcased in the 4 Bisimoto race cars hitting the tracks this season.

Header, headers, headers. I have heard it all: Bisimoto headers cannot make 18whp, or 2, or midrange over stock. But when someone else comes out and claims that it makes 20hp more than Bisimoto then it must be true..even if the people who switched over run slower. Get a life. People love the designs, power and quality, and always will.

Lackluster employees in the past made mistakes that have long been rectified. Customer service, attention to detail and satisfaction are number one at Bisimoto, and feel free to explore it with my current staff.

I remember when I ran 10s with my 1.5L all motor D...protest galore. He runs a ford head...he has a 2.0L d series..blah blah blah.
This is nothing compared to how pissed people were about my 724whp wagon...my bucket street car.

How about when I broke 9s with the F22 all motor, carburated...more pissed people.
Now the Civic. A pattern? Enemies of progress??

I know this makes great entertainment for all, and thanks for the attention, but the best is yet to come. I would love to stay here and go back on forth all day, but duty calls: Off to work for me.
well said Bisi. #1 fan & for the haters just a reminder.
Old 02-09-2012, 03:28 PM
Honda-Tech Member

lol the "missing cam cards" ahhh so im NOT the only one...i read every ****ING number off that POS cam he sold me and all i got was "that number does not show up in the system"...cam card wasnt in the box...i called and asked about why it WASNT in the box and once again all i got was "we dont disclose are cam profiles"...so i respond with "i cant have the specs to MY CAM I PAID FOR?"...the response was "no u cant"....screw him!!!!
Old 02-09-2012, 04:05 PM
Honda-Tech Member

But for the fun Ill get in on this too...our beater Cobalt thats been sitting in a trailer for 4 years only makes 650 and is over 3200 lbs.

Mr. Jason Whitfield...shame on you. You called me out? Here is my challenge to you....I will run you, heads up: My All motor Insight vs. your turbocharged Cobalt. Next Fontana event, be there.
Not interested in running an all motor car - Ill say it now you would win......

Quick Reply: Bisimoto's 1004hp 2012 Civic Coupe