Notices
Drag Racing Drag Racing (legal) & Associated Topics

AEM's new Infinity-10 Standalone

Search this Thread

Old 11-02-2011, 12:12 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default AEM's new Infinity-10 Standalone

AEM just came out with this new stand alone. If you guys have any questions about it, feel free to ask

here are some screen shots of different features:

Last edited by RealStreet; 11-04-2011 at 08:01 AM.
Old 11-02-2011, 12:19 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: AEM's new Infinity-10 Standalone

price and whats included?
Old 11-02-2011, 01:26 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Price? Is it plug and play?
Old 11-02-2011, 01:27 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Is it as unreliable as the rest of their junk?
Old 11-02-2011, 01:56 PM
Honda-Tech Member

does it flat line in the middle of a run and burn your motor up so that you cant make races like the wcf? if so put me on the list of dont ever try to sell me one!
Old 11-02-2011, 02:12 PM
Honda-Tech Member

AEM posted on FaceBook that it will start at $2300 for the "Universal Infinity-10".
Old 11-02-2011, 02:28 PM
Honda-Tech Member

if its that much id just spend a little more money on on a m84
Old 11-02-2011, 03:52 PM
Honda-Tech Member

what makes this different than the series 2?
Old 11-02-2011, 03:54 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by mikesrex
what makes this different than the series 2?
Because it says infinity doe
Old 11-02-2011, 04:25 PM

Originally Posted by locash
Is it as unreliable as the rest of their junk?
No shouldn't be, it's being made by a company called Engine Lab whonive seen at PRI for the last few years and always eyed their stuff with great interest.

As long as AEM doesn't find a way to F it up, they are going to give other standalone's a run for their money.
Old 11-02-2011, 04:36 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by RealStreet

AEM just came out with this new stand alone. If you guys have any questions about it, feel free to ask
I know quite a bit about this ECU already. I met Jim Vito at PRI and talked to him almost the whole day one day.

Can you please post the Environmental Specifications for this particular packaging? I'm curious how the final hardware packaging compares to Motec and ProEFI.
Old 11-02-2011, 04:43 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Also when will the software be available for download?
Old 11-03-2011, 06:28 AM
Honda-Tech Member

I guess I will be the black sheep here and say how much I love my AEM. I have never owned a Motec and I'm sure its great, but I just can't afford it plain and simple. I picked up power with my series 1 and like my Series 2 even better. There are a lot of features that people never get around to using. I can't say enough about the customer support we get also and we aren't a sponsored car...they just support their stuff in my opinion.

I know AEM had some issues with the ignition boxes in the beginning and I think that is why a lot of people have a bad taste in their mouths, but I think they have really stepped it up and don't see how anything can touch what they offer for the money.
Old 11-03-2011, 06:36 AM
King of the One Liners

Originally Posted by 4piston
I guess I will be the black sheep here and say how much I love my AEM. I have never owned a Motec and I'm sure its great, but I just can't afford it plain and simple. I picked up power with my series 1 and like my Series 2 even better. There are a lot of features that people never get around to using. I can't say enough about the customer support we get also and we aren't a sponsored car...they just support their stuff in my opinion.

I know AEM had some issues with the ignition boxes in the beginning and I think that is why a lot of people have a bad taste in their mouths, but I think they have really stepped it up and don't see how anything can touch what they offer for the money.
I also love my AEM, gen.1 worked well, gen. 2 worked well, twin fire worked well. . .
Old 11-03-2011, 06:49 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Looks interesting. Not aiming this at anyone in particular but I think some people like to blame their problems on an ECU when it's their use/abuse of it and/or the computer connected to it.
Old 11-03-2011, 06:56 AM
Honda-Tech Member

How many different versions, boxes, etc. are they going to come out with? I really liked my AEM V1 box when I used it, but seriously....having 10 different product lined ECUs that work fair isn't as close as having a couple that work excellent!
Old 11-03-2011, 07:19 AM

For those of you that are going to complain about the past there isn't much of anything anyone can do for you. I've always said the biggest single issue AEM had was giving a standalone to the masses. It wasn't so long ago that tuning EFI was "black magic" and now everyone is a "tuner". I'm not saying there wasn't issues. I am saying that we are men, and most men don't admit or take ownership of their faults. I've had more than one car come to me with a "bad AEM" and within a few minutes the problems are corrected with nothing but tuning, or that botched up harness repaired. There are guys that burn a hole out of the engine at the limit and blame the ECU, but are not using the cylinder comps...

I've been working with AEM for a long time, I stuck with them because of the support network. I currently have a M800 in my Supra and my only complaints are pricepoint and support. Not to mention the idle control isn't as good as the AEM. The Motec is nice stuff, real nice. However if I had to count on Motec only tuning, I'd be hungry. Most people just can't go 5k into a ECU. The M84 lets us know Motec is coming to terms with the masses can't afford the M400/600/800/880... How ever the M84 does take away the creative tuning that can be done with the higher level ECUs.

If you turned your back on AEM over the Series 1 it's time to wash that salty taste out of your mouth and go another round. The stuff works.The value is great and the support is great. I've been working with the Series 2 since it's release and I've had ZERO hardware issues, the latest release of software has given me no bugs and they tune up quick.

The Infinity platform is wicked. The software and logging are wicked. I'll post videos as soon as I can, I'm slated as the first Supra guy to get one and from what I have seen first hand it's going to be a game changer.

Thanks

Jay Meagher
Old 11-03-2011, 07:23 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by 2fastGSR
I also love my AEM, gen.1 worked well, gen. 2 worked well, twin fire worked well. . .
YUP!
Old 11-03-2011, 07:28 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by Blown90hatcH
How many different versions, boxes, etc. are they going to come out with? I really liked my AEM V1 box when I used it, but seriously....having 10 different product lined ECUs that work fair isn't as close as having a couple that work excellent!
Probably for the same reason Motec does. Different products with the more expensive ones having more capability. On what basis do you say they work fair and not great? My experience is that they work great and that they come out with new stuff because they are active in developing their product and making it better.
Old 11-03-2011, 07:44 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by Kevin
Looks interesting. Not aiming this at anyone in particular but I think some people like to blame their problems on an ECU when it's their use/abuse of it and/or the computer connected to it.
^^ so true. or don't know how to use the functions available. Some people just dont wanna take the time to figure out how to run something other than crome, hondata, or neptune. not that they are bad units by any means. I have hondata and neptune in my personal cars along with AEMs. Its just the standalone is gonna take some time to get familiar with.
Old 11-03-2011, 08:03 AM
Honda-Tech Member

still vss or do we have a bbg option now also
Old 11-03-2011, 08:04 AM

I've been in the loop with this project for quite a while. There are definitely some things that are going to set the Infinity-10 out ahead of anything else on the market. The chipset in the box is at least a couple years ahead anything on the market. You guys have to keep in mind the number and level of engineers AEM has in house for this program is second to none. Both ProEFI and Holley have gone to a "OE" style controller and written their own firmware to the box. It should also be said I've got nothing against PROEFI - Jason helped me a lot when I was getting started. I didn't get involved with PROEFI because of the early software and lack of logging. I just can't put time into a system without good logging.

This AEM unit is a fresh platform 100%. As posted above the spec sheet is pretty serious. The demos I've seen with the Infinity are amazing and I'm excited to be the first guy to get a Supra box. I'm going to remove the Motec off my Supra and dive right into the Infinity platform. I've seen both the ECU software and logging software and it's straight up badass. I'm sure John Reed will chime in as he is also in the loop with this project. The software is going to be "open" to advanced level tuners so you can create a series of logic based if's/or/ands. This will allow people in the "sandbox" to make tables to mimic things like OE protective measures and make a nearly unlimited amount of custom functions, tables, and options. The more you understand about OE logic the easier it will be to see the possibilities.

Things like trac control and engine protection have a excellent execution. One of the test's I am going to perform is pulling the boost line off the fuel regulator during a dyno pull. I'll post the log which will illustrate how fast the processor speed. If you're setting up drive by wire the algorithms in Infinity learn the dynamics of that throttle body quickly leaving the tuner to move on to other work. One of the things that has really come under scrutiny with this new ECU is time. AEM needed to create a ECU that tuned up quickly and provided the end user with a OE level of driveability. I think once this unit is out to the public it's going to be hard for open minded and unbiased tuners to ignore.

If you guys have any specific questions I'll do my best to answer them.
Old 11-03-2011, 08:15 AM
Honda-Tech Member

will it be one universal box that comes with a patch harness or will it be plug and play like the previous units.
and when can we expect the release and more info on pricing?
Old 11-03-2011, 08:50 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Don't think this will replace the series 2 box ,
Its a universal box .
Series 2 works grate .
Old 11-03-2011, 08:52 AM
Honda-Tech Member

AEM works well on all our cars here also! Gen 1, Gen 2, AQ1 logger, Searial Gauges, ect. I'm interested in using this new system as well.

Quick Reply: AEM's new Infinity-10 Standalone