Notices
Drag Racing Drag Racing (legal) & Associated Topics

90-93 Integra SFWD Cars??

Search this Thread

Old 01-06-2010, 02:15 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 56 Likes on 42 Posts
Default 90-93 Integra SFWD Cars??

I've always been more basis towards the DA9 chassis over the DC2 and i've always wondered why I never really see any DA's setup as SFWD cars or in any of those big name classes? I would like to see some setups from the past and any current ones. I just recently picked up a DB2 as a daily, so I'm looking to turn my 93 RS into a possible all out drag car.
Old 01-06-2010, 04:32 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: 90-93 Integra SFWD Cars??

they say our cars fat pigs
Old 01-06-2010, 04:46 PM
Honda-Tech Member

My 1990 is slowly turning into one. I don't know why you don't see more of them. Only things i can see are the design of the front lower suspension, availability of parts compared to EG/DC or the fact that they don't use a hydraulic clutch. Plus for some reason it seems a lot of people look down at DA's.
Old 01-06-2010, 04:49 PM
rota92

When I had my DA for daily the engine bay looked real tight compared to those of EG's and DC's

Just some thought. Do it though, Mike Browns HR car is SICK and it's a DA
Old 01-06-2010, 04:52 PM
Honda-Tech Member

I was just bs-ing last night about a turbo da drag car. I really think it'd be cool.
Old 01-06-2010, 04:52 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

mine ran 11.20 before i got a em1 chassis

dyno sheet- http://i92.photobucket.com/albums/l2...a/dynoplot.jpg
Old 01-06-2010, 05:17 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by Kevin
My 1990 is slowly turning into one. I don't know why you don't see more of them. Only things i can see are the design of the front lower suspension, availability of parts compared to EG/DC or the fact that they don't use a hydraulic clutch. Plus for some reason it seems a lot of people look down at DA's.

yeah the crossmember is a pita until you get a traction bar! but I removed my a/c, p/s and replaced the crossmember with a traction bar and with a half-size rad and battery relocated it looks like a whole new engine bay! and the hydro clutch situation isn't to bad you can get a conversion kit or just do like me and take the gearset out of a newer hydro tranny, as long as you have the big spline 92-93 trans ys1 I heard the hydro gearsets from a GSR will fit in the cable tranny housing. My thing is my DA isn't really stripped other than the spare removed and it weighs in at 2394 without me in it, so that's pretty light for a integra.
Old 01-06-2010, 06:20 PM
Honda-Tech Member

here is mine

Old 01-07-2010, 07:44 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

MOAR DA INTEGRAS
Old 01-07-2010, 08:40 AM
Honda-Tech Member

The reason people dont cut up DA's as race cars is cause there toooooo niice!!!

Old 01-07-2010, 02:50 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by GEN2 LS
yeah the crossmember is a pita until you get a traction bar! but I removed my a/c, p/s and replaced the crossmember with a traction bar and with a half-size rad and battery relocated it looks like a whole new engine bay! and the hydro clutch situation isn't to bad you can get a conversion kit or just do like me and take the gearset out of a newer hydro tranny, as long as you have the big spline 92-93 trans ys1 I heard the hydro gearsets from a GSR will fit in the cable tranny housing. My thing is my DA isn't really stripped other than the spare removed and it weighs in at 2394 without me in it, so that's pretty light for a integra.
I run an aftermarket crossmember, it's a necessity IMO. Due to abuse my car sees, i had to weld in the traction bar to keep it from loosening. Im currently also running the innovative hydro to cable conversion with a hydro GSR trans, it works but it's far from optimal. I used to run a YS1 LS geared transmission but just got too lazy to swap all the internals out of the trannies since i daily drive the car and can't have it down for long. They do swap over with minimal modification.

Old 01-07-2010, 02:58 PM
Honda-Tech Member

"ajacura" nice setup! fastest times? power output? setup? (if you don't mind tellling)
Old 01-07-2010, 03:05 PM
Honda-Tech Member

I run an aftermarket crossmember, it's a necessity IMO. Due to abuse my car sees, i had to weld in the traction bar to keep it from loosening. Im currently also running the innovative hydro to cable conversion with a hydro GSR trans, it works but it's far from optimal. I used to run a YS1 LS geared transmission but just got too lazy to swap all the internals out of the trannies since i daily drive the car and can't have it down for long. They do swap over with minimal modification.

what kind of traction bar do you have? I had the ETD racing one and the bolt holes where the tow hooks go, the threads are all stripped out from when my car use to be boosted, worst idea for mounting ever, I'm going with the innovative traction bar now, since it mounts like the stock crossmember. I am running a cable y1 non-lsd trans now, but i'm looking for a ys1 ls or gsr to swap internals out of.
Old 01-07-2010, 03:24 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by ajacura
The reason people dont cut up DA's as race cars is cause there toooooo niice!!!

Wow the myth actually exists! :-)
Old 01-07-2010, 03:27 PM
Honda-Tech Member

What size intercooler piping are you guys running?
Old 01-07-2010, 03:29 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by Broken Gearbox
What size intercooler piping are you guys running?
2.5in here
Old 01-07-2010, 03:34 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Here's mine which I've now retired and parted...

Old 01-07-2010, 04:49 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by Bizarre
Wow the myth actually exists! :-)
Of course it does!!!..... And your weak for parting out your DA!!!!
Old 01-07-2010, 05:18 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by GEN2 LS
what kind of traction bar do you have? I had the ETD racing one and the bolt holes where the tow hooks go, the threads are all stripped out from when my car use to be boosted, worst idea for mounting ever, I'm going with the innovative traction bar now, since it mounts like the stock crossmember. I am running a cable y1 non-lsd trans now, but i'm looking for a ys1 ls or gsr to swap internals out of.
I have the AVID pro series, probably the same design because that's exactly what happened to mine. The Full-Race traction bar is the one to get IMO, my boy has one on his car and it bolts up using the tow hook holes + the original crossmember holes. You can't have a bar that the load is going one way and the bolts are going the same way. No matter what i did...red loctite, bigger bolts, thru bolting it...it came loose. I finally just welded the **** out of it and haven't had a problem since.

Also, a bad thing about DA suspensions are the lack of good adjustable upper control arms. I have the skunk2 adj upper arms which are just EF arms. They work but the geometry of the suspension is all out of wack to get the settings correct. My wheels sit a bit farther forward in the wheel well than i would like.

Yet another gripe is the fact that you can't run an Edelbrock Victor-X manifold without modifiying it or running a modifed/deleted brake booster.

Other than that, i love my DA and don't plan on building any other type of Honda chassis anytime soon, i like a challenge.

Some more pics of my poop, it is a daily driver after all.

Old 01-07-2010, 06:15 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Yet another gripe is the fact that you can't run an Edelbrock Victor-X manifold without modifiying it or running a modifed/deleted brake booster.

Other than that, i love my DA and don't plan on building any other type of Honda chassis anytime soon, i like a challenge.
Actually all you need is an EF brake fluid reservoir installed on the DA master cylinder/booster unit. That's what I did on my car as you can see in the pictures above. If that's what you meant by modified booster than just ignore this post.

I miss my turbo setup I should have never parted it out...

Btw, Full-Race traction bars here. They were a great investment. Never had any problems with the bolts.
Old 01-07-2010, 06:22 PM
Honda-Tech Member

My DA, it was my first car. Now its my money pit.. looking to build another one for the street. Thanks Ryan...see you at the track.

Old 01-07-2010, 06:29 PM
Honda-Tech Member

^ my gym teachers name in elementary school was micheal brown...... LOL!! same guy? nice DA!
Old 01-07-2010, 06:34 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by Bizarre
Actually all you need is an EF brake fluid reservoir installed on the DA master cylinder/booster unit. That's what I did on my car as you can see in the pictures above. If that's what you meant by modified booster than just ignore this post.

I miss my turbo setup I should have never parted it out...

Btw, Full-Race traction bars here. They were a great investment. Never had any problems with the bolts.
Weird.... my manifold fit without modifying anything!!! I guess the JG Edelbrock and the Edelbrock Victor X are a lil different!!!
Old 01-07-2010, 06:36 PM
Honda-Tech Member

wow nice bro are u running any event this yr with the car
Old 01-07-2010, 06:41 PM
Honda-Tech Member

nice..!

Quick Reply: 90-93 Integra SFWD Cars??