Notices
Drag Racing Drag Racing (legal) & Associated Topics

2010 Raceway Park and Atco Raceway sport compact race classes and rules

Search this Thread

Old 02-23-2010, 05:50 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2010 Raceway Park and Atco Raceway sport compact race classes and rules

sorry for the delay. here are the classes that will be run at all the OGS sport compact events this season. returning will be the popular and successful Sport FWD and all motor heads up classes as well as the always exciting Quick 32 bracket class. also returning for 2010 are the 10.00 and 11.50 index classes. with the regular bracket classes these events will offer a place for all racers and platforms to compete.

Bracket Class Information:

Class
Description
Bracket 1
12.99 seconds & Quicker - All Run, .500 Full Tree, Bracket Style Eliminator.
Bracket 2
13.00 seconds & Slower - All Run, .500 Full Tree, Bracket Style Eliminator.

Quick 32 (Pro Import Shootout)
7.00 to 11.49: Open to AWD, RWD, FWD NHRA safety equipment required, must run 11.49 or quicker in time trials. No year limitation on full tube chassis or back half. .500 Full Tree, Bracket Style Eliminator. 32 Car Field (Non-qualifiers may run in Bracket 1.)

Heads Up & Index Class Information
Class
Description

All Motor
All brands. 4 and 6 cylinder. FWD only. Naturally Aspirated. Lexan ok (front windshield MUST be glass). No 1 piece front ends (3 piece OK). 25" x 9" max slick. Fuel cell ok NHRA requirements MUST be followed! No pro level cars. Gutted interior ok. Open exhaust ok Sportsman ladder. .400 PT. Heads-Up Eliminator. 16 car field. *Must have 16 cars for full payout.
Min. Honda weights
Honda:
2200lbs- J series 2150lbs - K series, F2K
2000lbs - H series 1900lbs - B series
All other cars-2000 lbs

Sport FWD
All Brands. 4 cyl. and 6 cyl.*"SFWD Trim" Must have*2 front seats and Interior panels required. No rear seats OK. No Gutted out*cars permitted.*Max Tire 25 x 9" Open exhaust OK. Lexan prohibited. Water to Air intercoolers Prohibited**1 piece fronts prohibited. 3 piece fronts OK. 72mm max inducer*turbo size (Max 102mm Exd). Up to 2 Power adders allowed(comb ok) Fuel Cell OK - NHRA guidelines MUST be followed.**.400 PT, Sportsman Ladder.*Must have 16 cars for full payout.

[font=Arial]10.00 Index
Open to all Import/Sport Compact Cars. Any Combination allowed at any weight. No Throttle Stops or Delay Boxes allowed. No Sandbagging. NHRA safety rules apply. All Run Field .400 Pro Tree, No Deep Staging allowed, Sportsman Ladder. *Must have 16 cars for full payout.

11.50 Index
Open to all Import/Sport Compact Cars. Any Combination allowed at any weight. No Throttle Stops or Delay Boxes allowed. No Sandbagging. NHRA safety rules apply. 16 Car Field All Run Field .400 Pro Tree, No Deep Staging allowed, Sportsman Ladder. *Must have 16 cars for full payout.

ALWAYS REFER TO LATEST EVENT FLYER FOR UP TO DATE CLASS INFO.
any questions concerning tech can be emailed to OGSTech@gmail.com.

again sorry for the delay. we will have one more announcement by the end of the week.
-Roger

Last edited by E-Town4229; 01-26-2012 at 06:56 AM.
Old 02-23-2010, 06:15 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: 2010 Raceway Park and Atco Raceway sport compact race classes and rules

does that mean outlaw is a free for all ? this could be interesting.
Old 02-23-2010, 06:17 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: 2010 Raceway Park and Atco Raceway sport compact race classes and rules

awesome! min weights-racing is going to be alot closer!!!

Marc P
Old 02-23-2010, 06:20 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Sucks to see that there's 3 head's up racing classes for FWD and nothing for RWD/AWD etc...
Old 02-23-2010, 06:22 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

rwd outlaw ?
Old 02-23-2010, 06:24 PM
Honda-Tech Member

something would be cool.
Old 02-23-2010, 06:35 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by Enzo-Racing
Sucks to see that there's 3 head's up racing classes for FWD and nothing for RWD/AWD etc...
enzo weve had classes in the specifically for them and for whatever reason people didnt support it. weve had much more participation from the slower street cars in a short time with the index classes. the faster ones seem content with racing for the big money in the quick 32. lets see how the season goes.

dave the rules say outlaw rules apply so its not a free for all. the only difference would be no weight requirements.
-Roger
Old 02-23-2010, 06:37 PM
King of the One Liners

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Most (if not all) of the quick 16/32 field is RWD cars . .

Not many of other styles have shown up to race at these events in the past . .

If you would like to see a class like that, then get a bunch of people to show up with cars like that and I know Javier will accomodate . . He wants racers in the lanes, so if you feel so inclined- do something about it.

edit: Roger beat me to it. . lol
Old 02-23-2010, 06:38 PM
King of the One Liners

Going to be a great year ! ! ! Cant wait for all of our OGS events ! ! !
Old 02-23-2010, 06:59 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by 2fastGSR
Most (if not all) of the quick 16/32 field is RWD cars . .

Not many of other styles have shown up to race at these events in the past . .

If you would like to see a class like that, then get a bunch of people to show up with cars like that and I know Javier will accomodate . . He wants racers in the lanes, so if you feel so inclined- do something about it.

edit: Roger beat me to it. . lol
Quick 16/32 is cool since the payout is big... otherwise it's just a bracket class.

If there's not many other styles as you say, maybe the answer then is to somehow incorporate all platforms into some sort of class..

Instead of Sport FWD, lets' make it Sport FWD/Rwd/AWD

Instead of Outlaw FWD, let's allow every platform...
Old 02-23-2010, 07:04 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Yes 2010 is going to be good....
Old 02-24-2010, 05:14 AM
Honda-Tech Member

so if the unlimited fwd its just in Sn and SS in the other events the water to air cars have to run bracket or stay home????
Old 02-24-2010, 05:15 AM
Honda-Tech Member

and btw it just suck that we just finish our full chassis Pro Rwd to run bracket racing thats not fun even they have a 50,000 dollars pay out ... just my o2 ya'all had to do like nscra to bring back the pro cars get rid off all the bs recstrictions and lets race till the class get back then star the resctrictions out there they have a good field in the pro cars and modified heads up

its a shame that i know a lot off people that have pro cars colecting dust in they're garages just bc its no class for them
Old 02-24-2010, 05:56 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Hotrod class please, or ill stick with NSCRA
Old 02-24-2010, 06:01 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Lookin good! Thanks OGS!
Hopefully we can make it out to a few this year...
Old 02-24-2010, 06:12 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Im sorry Roger, but that "Unlimited FWD" is so stupid.... talk about catering, u still do not give guys like Steve M, Dave F, Enzo, the turbotrix evos, whatever evos from LI that would fit that class....thats a lot of extra cars that could be thrown in there, but instead your limited too on FWD cars?

how many FWD cars do you expect for Unlimited street to get invloved? i will cout maby 5 or 6 cars, you will never get a full field with a 16 car SFWD field running the same day.

i would let in AWD/RWD and bring it back the way NOPI had TS.

wait did i just read it was a gamblers race only?
Old 02-24-2010, 06:52 AM
Honda-Tech Member

[QUOTE=E-Town4229;41675590]
Sport FWD
All Brands. 4 cyl. and 6 cyl. power adder (Nitrous, Supercharger, Turbo, combinations OK). no air to water intercoolers. no 1piece front ends (3 piece ok). No Pro Level cars allowed (no pro cars) Old NHRA style rules apply. FWD Only! 25” x 9.5" max Slicks. 72 mm max. Turbos. No Lexan. fuel cell ok NHRA requirements MUST be followed! .400 Pro Tree. Sportsman Ladder. Heads-Up Eliminator. 16 car field. *Must have 16 cars for full payout.

Someone needs to post NHRA rules because it has been way to long for anyone to remember that. I went with no idea and wasent alloud because I dident have rear panals.
Old 02-24-2010, 06:52 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Outlaw racers have approched us to have something small for those cars to race in and we accomodated them. It's a proven and growing class so were giving it a shot. It is a gamblers race with an additional payout. I haven't had a chance to get in touch with steve but just like last season hot rod cars are welcome to the same deal they had last year.
Speaking as people who appreciate ALL platforms of this sport we would love to see all the classes of the old days represented again but for now we have to stick with what works and grow back into that. Once we see the support is there we will address it.
Old 02-24-2010, 06:54 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by vtekthis
Im sorry Roger, but that "Unlimited FWD" is so stupid.... talk about catering, u still do not give guys like Steve M, Dave F, Enzo, the turbotrix evos, whatever evos from LI that would fit that class....thats a lot of extra cars that could be thrown in there, but instead your limited too on FWD cars?

how many FWD cars do you expect for Unlimited street to get invloved? i will cout maby 5 or 6 cars, you will never get a full field with a 16 car SFWD field running the same day.

i would let in AWD/RWD and bring it back the way NOPI had TS.

wait did i just read it was a gamblers race only?
agree with you
Old 02-24-2010, 07:02 AM
Honda-Tech Member

2500LB - 2450LB for SFWD Roger?
Old 02-24-2010, 07:05 AM
King of the One Liners

NHRA Rulebook for fuel cells state:

1:5 FUEL SYSTEMS
Location: All fuel tanks, lines, pumps, valves, etc. must be outside
of the driver’s compartment and within the confines of the frame
and/or steel body. Cool cans, fuel-distribution blocks, etc. must be
located at least 6 inches forward of the flywheel/bellhousing area
on rear-wheel-drive (RWD) cars, and on opposite side of
flywheel/bellhousing area on front-wheel-drive (FWD) cars. Fuelpressure-
gauge isolators, with steel-braided line, may be mounted
on firewall.

Tanks: When permitted by class regulations, fuel tanks located
outside body and/or frame must be enclosed in a steel tube frame
constructed of minimum 1 1/4-inch O.D. x .065-inch chrome moly
or .118-inch mild-steel tubing. All fuel tanks must be isolated from
the driver’s compartment by a firewall, completely sealed to
prevent any fuel from entering the driver’s compartment. All fuel
tanks must have a pressure cap and be vented outside of car
body. A positive-locking screw-on fuel-tank cap is mandatory on all
cars. Insulated fuel tanks prohibited. When used, fuel cells must
have a metal box protecting the part of the fuel cell that is outside
of body lines or trunk floor, excluding hose-connection area in rear.
Non-metallic fuel cells or tanks must be grounded to frame.
Old 02-24-2010, 07:14 AM
King of the One Liners

Originally Posted by Abraham-ATS
its a shame that i know a lot off people that have pro cars colecting dust in they're garages just bc its no class for them
Originally Posted by xtremvw
Hotrod class please, or ill stick with NSCRA

I get what you guys want, I really do . . . I'm all for bringing out the bad *** cars from yester-year . .

However, where are all these cars? I really dont see any pro rwd cars come out that arent already racing in quick 16. .
Hotrod? Where were all the cars last year? Steve Merman tried to organize a boat-load of events last year and it fell on deaf ears . . OGS agreed to have the hot rod cars at the events and no one showed up . .

I understand but case in point, there has to be NEED to create a class like hotrod/pro rwd . . If you feel there is one, then MAKE IT HAPPEN ! !
We didnt have an all motor shootout , so i got up off my ***, worked with javier- and made it happen . .

You guys want a Pro rwd class besides Q16/32, or a hotrod class? Then step up and get it done . . Work with your counterparts to make sure they come out to the race and I know Javier will work with you. Its as simple as that.

Lets say they add those classes right now. They would have to pull payouts from other classes to fund them . . All on just hopes that cars come out?

Its on you guys to be perfectly blunt. You want the classes? Then show there is a need for them. Fight for what you want, you cant just sit back and cry and do nothing about it . (not saying you are- just using metaphorically)

Until then, these classes are the same as they were last year and I look forward to being there to see the racing this year.
Old 02-24-2010, 08:30 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Look at hotrod nscra supras, rotaries, fwd, awd , rwd you will a hotrod class with there rules, if you try and only have a FWD 4cyl hotrod class it won`t happen car count won`t be there. there were what 10-12 cars in hotrod class last weekend at nscra.

would prefer to race those cars then by myself or 1-2 cars with just FWD.
Old 02-24-2010, 08:50 AM
Honda-Tech Member

It really suck that its only fwd.

I have a street 9 sec. 240sx and i would like to compete with fwd and awd.
Old 02-24-2010, 09:02 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Rules and classes look good. Keeping them simple and consistant from previous years is a good idea. We will have cars in most of the classes. The northeast area should have pleanty of cars to fill these classes. just my 2ct.

Quick Reply: 2010 Raceway Park and Atco Raceway sport compact race classes and rules