Notices
Drag Racing Drag Racing (legal) & Associated Topics

10 second all motor street car possible?

Search this Thread

Old 05-16-2007, 06:36 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: (allm0t0rsir)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by allm0t0rsir &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Saul Salceda did it a few years and that was a street car.. as seen on the streets of compton.. i remember seen saul at del taco and chevron gas station b4 he made that long trip to the east!!!!!but he went 10s all mota. </TD></TR></TABLE>

word. if the motor i was previouslt talking about isnt street trim enough for anyone, than i dont know what is.
Old 05-17-2007, 07:32 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Location: Home of the fastest Hondas in the 417 area since, 1997, usa
Default Re: (RIP V8s)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by RIP V8s &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">i was at church automotive last week, and shawn told me that he just tuned a car that made 331/245 on his dyno with an intake mani and cali pump gas.... not sure what that car runs at the track, nor do i know whos it is, but i am assuming that putting all that money into a car to make it run on pump must make it a canidate for a streetcar.

IPS FTW</TD></TR></TABLE>that is the highest reading dyno you will find and its not wheel Hp. 331 at Churches = probably 270-280hp to wheels on a dynojet. Also I take nothing from Saul and the 10 sec pass he made, it was the **** back then, but that car was far from a street car.
Old 05-17-2007, 08:53 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (efi2nr)

270-280 whp on cali pump (91 octane) is ridiculous. I HIGHLY commend on that if it's true. That's a ******* street car in my opinion. Don't know if it would run 10's though unless it weighed somewhere in the 1900lbs. range with driver aboard and I wouldn't consider a 1750lbs. a street car by any means sufficing the driver weighs around 150lbs.
Old 05-17-2007, 09:53 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (efi2nr)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by efi2nr &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">that is the highest reading dyno you will find and its not wheel Hp. 331 at Churches = probably 270-280hp to wheels on a dynojet. Also I take nothing from Saul and the 10 sec pass he made, it was the **** back then, but that car was far from a street car.</TD></TR></TABLE>

not to get into this, but it would be more like 300. and a car that is 2000 with driver, potentially could go tens.
Old 05-17-2007, 09:54 AM
Honda-Tech Member

p.s. jeremy at inline pro, 10.70's in the street class, 11.20s on DR's. that is a class where weight is mandatory 2200 lbs with driver.

/thread
Old 05-17-2007, 10:03 AM
Honda-Tech Member

When did Brian Fisher go 10.70's and 11.20's on radials. Was this at a T&T session? Last I've checked he was at 10.89 and 11.32 on radials.
Old 05-17-2007, 10:09 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (RaceProfessor)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by RaceProfessor &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">When did Brian Fisher go 10.70's and 11.20's on radials. Was this at a T&T session? Last I've checked he was at 10.89 and 11.32 on radials.</TD></TR></TABLE>
my bad, i mean that he was sub 10 second on slicks and sub 11.50's on DR. point still made, the car went tens.
Old 05-21-2007, 12:33 AM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by RIP V8s &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">if i had a honda that made 400 whp and i could drive it definetly, i would. the theft factor is what gets me. i would have no problem driving to the movies or to get groceries if i knew the haters would leave it alone. to me driving your honda that you have almost 20k into around on the streets, knowing that if someone were to steal it you would only get say 5 back from insurance... that just doenst work for me. but drivability insnt the factor, it is other people. and the tire situation is just carzy, maybe one some 245 m&h's, but def not a true street tire.</TD></TR></TABLE>

Word

One of the reasons I bought the Z

My EG was stolen 2 months after I sold it to a close friend

10's is more than possible the chassis are out there (CRX, VX slightly gutted etc.)

2.6LK or even a deck plate motor tuned for pee water...300+whp NA

Rolling around with a setup thats capable of 10's.....in Cali....too much faith in humanity for me lol

No one here said its cheap or practical but its more than possible
Old 05-21-2007, 05:58 AM

Fischer went 10.70's this weekend at NOPI. Number 2 qualifier.
Old 05-21-2007, 07:44 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (2k_SI)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by 2k_SI &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Fischer went 10.70's this weekend at NOPI. Number 2 qualifier.</TD></TR></TABLE>

see i am psycik(spelling )
Old 05-21-2007, 10:25 AM
Honda-Tech Member

An all motor car (Loan) ended up winning in a field of turbo awd's and fwd's on biasply DOT's. Funny how the "Consistency wins races" philosiphy always applies.
Old 05-21-2007, 10:42 AM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by 2k_SI &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Fischer went 10.70's this weekend at NOPI. Number 2 qualifier.</TD></TR></TABLE>
and he let off early because of the problems they were having this weekend. that car can run 10.60's , 10.50's easy!
Old 05-21-2007, 03:49 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (allm0t0rsir)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by allm0t0rsir &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Saul Salceda did it a few years and that was a street car.. as seen on the streets of compton.. i remember seen saul at del taco and chevron gas station b4 he made that long trip to the east!!!!!but he went 10s all mota. </TD></TR></TABLE>

if he was at chevron, was he putting in 91 on a 300hp+ motor? yeah the car was awesome, but sitting in a drive thru and pulling up at a local gas station is a lot for a 10 second all motor street(registered and insured) to do. Just my opinion.
Old 05-22-2007, 02:08 PM
Trial User

Default Re: (f@sth@tch89)

Old 05-23-2007, 10:08 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (f@sth@tch89)

The most significant criteria is; WHAT IS CONSIDERED A STREET CAR? Is it a sportsman "street class" high compression, crazy cammed race gas only car with interior and glass? Or does it have to run on pump gas, full exhaust, pass emissions, registered/insured, somewhat reliable for daily driving, etc? Define the term "street car". Being eligible to race in a "Street class" doesn't make it a street car.
Old 05-23-2007, 11:08 AM

Default Re: 10 second all motor street car possible? (raphael)

tell the professor to blow ***** and the hell with v8s
Old 05-23-2007, 11:22 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: 10 second all motor street car possible? (sikcivic95)

Oh no, I would never challenge the expertise of sikcivic95. Oh tell me ole' wise one, what would your opinion be on the streetability of a 10 second N/A Honda in your 2 years of being able to drive legally?
Old 05-23-2007, 03:10 PM
Honda-Tech Member

what the <TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by RaceProfessor &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">The most significant criteria is; WHAT IS CONSIDERED A STREET CAR? Is it a sportsman "street class" high compression, crazy cammed race gas only car with interior and glass? Or does it have to run on pump gas, full exhaust, pass emissions, registered/insured, somewhat reliable for daily driving, etc? Define the term "street car". Being eligible to race in a "Street class" doesn't make it a street car.</TD></TR></TABLE>

what the hell kind of car (dont care if its V8 or whatever, is gonna run tens on the motor and pass emissions?? ) that is the stupidest thing i have ever heard... street car in my opinion is a car with most of its interior that can be driven to and from the track. don't care if its running 100 or c16!! stretching it to call a car that has to be towed back into the pits or something that will blow up after 5 runs or having to change head gaskets due to the bore being so big thats not really a "street car". more like Street car with full race motor. but hey i'd still think it was fast if it ran tens... no matter what, tens on the motor in a full chassis car with no lexan or wheelie bar or anything thats actually full race (except the motor) is pretty ******* impressive to me!!!!! and what does insurance and registration have to do with anything. ******* give me a break. next you are going to say you have to have no tickets on your record and have a valid drivers license to have a valid 10 second "Street Car". lame...
Old 05-23-2007, 04:00 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (h22crxpwr)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by h22crxpwr &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">what the

what the hell kind of car (dont care if its V8 or whatever, is gonna run tens on the motor and pass emissions?? ) that is the stupidest thing i have ever heard... street car in my opinion is a car with most of its interior that can be driven to and from the track. don't care if its running 100 or c16!! stretching it to call a car that has to be towed back into the pits or something that will blow up after 5 runs or having to change head gaskets due to the bore being so big thats not really a "street car". more like Street car with full race motor. but hey i'd still think it was fast if it ran tens... no matter what, tens on the motor in a full chassis car with no lexan or wheelie bar or anything thats actually full race (except the motor) is pretty ******* impressive to me!!!!! and what does insurance and registration have to do with anything. ******* give me a break. next you are going to say you have to have no tickets on your record and have a valid drivers license to have a valid 10 second "Street Car". lame...</TD></TR></TABLE>

I think you''re misinterpreting what I'm trying to imply. It depends on your own personal opinion on what a street car is. The original poster stated is a 10 second all motor street car possible? I just simply wanted to know what his definition of a street car was. I had a 277whp H22 all motor car that met all the regulations for the street class in every santioning body but I didn't drive it around on the street because race gas is $12 a gallon and the car wasn't exactly docile to drive around town. Like I've said in my previous post, a street car to one, may not be to another. Can I fill my car up with C12, bolt the 3" exhaust on and drive it on the street occasionally? Most definately.
Old 05-24-2007, 03:30 PM
Honda-Tech Member

mission:possible! so its said and sone that a 10 second all motor honda is streetable. im not talking daily but drivable where you can meet up on friday nights at the seven eleven no problem on pump gas
Old 05-24-2007, 05:10 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (raphael)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by raphael &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">no problem on pump gas</TD></TR></TABLE>

An occasional drive, yes. On pump gas, not a chance.
Old 05-26-2007, 08:32 AM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by RaceProfessor &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">An occasional drive, yes. On pump gas, not a chance.</TD></TR></TABLE>i thought that running high cp numbers could work with 92-93 octance depending on cams?
Old 05-26-2007, 09:17 AM
Shooting Star

what i considred a mildy built k series will make 300+ whp...and can run on pump gas... and in a hatch that looks like half the other hatches driving on the street with gutted interiors with good suspension etc etc...will run 10's and after you get done running 10's on slicks, taking the slicks off and putting on your street tires...your good to drive it back home.
Old 05-27-2007, 03:33 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (vtecspeed1320)

i'll be the optimist and say with a bit more development, it may be possible to make 300whp on pump gas. Just not at he moment.
Old 05-27-2007, 06:37 AM
Honda-Tech Member

so 300whp can't be made on E85? Hmmm!

Quick Reply: 10 second all motor street car possible?