Drag Racing Drag Racing (legal) & Associated Topics

10.8 Civic Hatch on drag radials

Search this Thread

Old 09-25-2004, 05:31 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: 10.8 Civic Hatch on drag radials (99blackcivicSi)

CT got few 500hp civics
Old 09-25-2004, 09:32 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: 10.8 Civic Hatch on drag radials (jinxproof99)

JINX your back.
Old 09-25-2004, 09:33 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: 10.8 Civic Hatch on drag radials (allm0t0rsir)

oh yeah and maybe the car was running 11.8 not 10.8
Old 09-25-2004, 02:05 PM
New User

Default Re: 10.8 Civic Hatch on drag radials (Turbocivic94)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Turbocivic94 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">CT got few 500hp civics</TD></TR></TABLE>

YUP!! and i am one of them !! LOL
Old 09-25-2004, 03:20 PM
JL
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: 10.8 Civic Hatch on drag radials (30psiCiv)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by 30psiCiv &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">You know I think that guys who dont pop their hoods are da's. What does it matter, do they think they have something that is top secret that the rest of us have never seen? So they have a turbo H22 with a 500hp shot of nawz(or whatever), who gives a ****. Shut up and race.</TD></TR></TABLE>

have you ever had your car jacked? have you ever had your car even broken into? just because you're at the track doesn't mean someone can't be scoping your car out.. true if its running EXTREMELY fast then its already something that someone else wants but doesn't want to pay for. and a lot of people are driving these cars on the streets.

"shut up and race."

true. so who cares about looking under the hood of other cars anyway.. just concentrate on beating them.
Old 09-27-2004, 07:59 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: 10.8 Civic Hatch on drag radials (99blackcivicSi)

jesus you must have something up your ***. As for everyone that thinks it's impossible, It is I talked directly to PFI speed Colorado to confirm this, since some people think i'm full of it. Brent L. which is a very well known in the idrc and nhra scene will back this up with time slips , as well as bill himself, lance, and paul. I was a little off though. Everyone else thought he was full of ****, so he did 1 run for D-sport and ran a 10.8 on drag radials Yes drag radials!! and ran rest of the day on slicks running 10.4's.
Come on guys, i wouldn't feed you with a bunch of bull ****, these are good friends of mine and I know this is not BS.
If this still doesn't convince you, then call them yourself they say. http://www.pfispeed.com
Have a nice day!!
Old 09-28-2004, 04:32 AM

Default Re: 10.8 Civic Hatch on drag radials (9sech22civic)

This subject as been well discussed but so poorly documented. I would love to see the incrementals on this 10.8 run on radials weather it be the one from Dsport or this lastest one. I have ran radials all season and by no means do I think I have the fastest radial car around but I do know about how they have hooked on different tracks. I have a best of 1.85 60' on them but that was a one time thing so it seems. I am now not so worried about the 60' as I am the 330' and I still think (for my car at least) that it will take some where around 140mph trap speed to get an ET in the 10's.

And please stop with the he said she said BS.
Old 09-28-2004, 05:41 AM
New User

Default Re: 10.8 Civic Hatch on drag radials (B20T CRX)

bottom line......we saw the video. and they weren't drag radials. end of story. i know brent is well known/liked. i don't think he's lying. not at all. i just think he got the facts wrong. he wasn't the driver and it wasn't his car. the video clearly showed, and 99% of honda-tech agreed, the tires were slicks. if you saw the video, then feel free to comment. if not, end of story in my book. its beating a dead horse.
Old 09-28-2004, 05:51 AM
HT's Biggest Loser

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: 10.8 Civic Hatch on drag radials (jinxproof99)

The tires in the video were definately slicks..

BTW, just for the record, NOBODY is trying to take anything away from Bill.. 10.66 on those baby slicks is remarkable, and i think everybody "in the know" will agree..

But ill bet my bottom dollar that a drag radial they were not
Old 09-28-2004, 05:55 AM
New User

Default Re: 10.8 Civic Hatch on drag radials (SIXTYdashONE)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by SIXTYdashONE &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">.........BTW, just for the record, NOBODY is trying to take anything away from Bill.. 10.66 on those baby slicks is remarkable, and i think everybody "in the know" will agree..

</TD></TR></TABLE>

i agree 110%.
Old 09-28-2004, 06:24 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: 10.8 Civic Hatch on drag radials (qwkcivic95)

what part of ct are u from and where did u get ur motor built?
Old 09-28-2004, 07:43 AM
New User

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Turbocivic94 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">what part of ct are u from and where did u get ur motor built?</TD></TR></TABLE>

Groton/New london. Motor was built by trick engineering..
Old 09-28-2004, 10:40 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Re: (trickeng)

impressive if it really happened. But seems that NED is a slow *** track. Anyone I know who has ran there has run slower times than comparabel setups at different tracks. Maybe, maybe not. Whether it was 10's or 12 it's just good to see some fast hondas up there. Usually you go to street night and all the hondas are running 15's and 16's. Course, it's been a couple years since I've gone. Hope it's changed. It used to be pretty sad import representation.

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by trickeng &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">what shop built it? it wasn't us, it wasn't BPR and i've yet to see another shop in the NE area even come close to building 500+HP civic's like we have that would even come close to running those times.
</TD></TR></TABLE>

You guys would know more than I about times and stuff up at NED but I know there's 400+hp civics out there built in garages and just guys who do good work on there own cars. Though, anyone I know that has them could care less about going to the track. I know of 2 in the area and I'm not really involved in "the scene". So if I know of 2, then there's more. Just my .02.

I'm just glad there's more than a couple fast hondas up there these days that don't look ridiculous (ie anything ****'s has produced).

s

Old 09-28-2004, 01:59 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: 10.8 Civic Hatch on drag radials (Calculator)

any pics of the guys car or vids
Time slips.... that you could get hold of.... ??

The fastset on drag radials DOT was 11.02 according to FastestFWD records, i dont know how often that website is updated ... but that is very fast 10.8 on semi-slicks..
Old 09-28-2004, 02:18 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (stevel)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by stevel &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">impressive if it really happened. But seems that NED is a slow *** track. Anyone I know who has ran there has run slower times than comparabel setups at different tracks. Maybe, maybe not. Whether it was 10's or 12 it's just good to see some fast hondas up there. Usually you go to street night and all the hondas are running 15's and 16's. Course, it's been a couple years since I've gone. Hope it's changed. It used to be pretty sad import representation.

You guys would know more than I about times and stuff up at NED but I know there's 400+hp civics out there built in garages and just guys who do good work on there own cars. Though, anyone I know that has them could care less about going to the track. I know of 2 in the area and I'm not really involved in "the scene". So if I know of 2, then there's more. Just my .02.

I'm just glad there's more than a couple fast hondas up there these days that don't look ridiculous (ie anything ****'s has produced).

s

</TD></TR></TABLE>

bahahaha dont front you know you like pikachu

yeah there are alot more high hp hondas these days in new england, some built by trick eng, bpr, ect and alot dont in private garages like u said . but i agree 100% on teh track unless you pay to rent it out on wensday during the day when its prepped , it pretty much sucks ***

but there are also alot of people focusing on numbers , and nothing else

gotta get that suspension , and everything else that goes along with it done right , and make the car be able to last more than a couple of weeks first ill take 400hp on a car setup right on pump gas and reliable , than a 600hp have a problem everytime you run car
Old 09-28-2004, 02:29 PM
New User

Default Re: 10.8 Civic Hatch on drag radials (TurboB18C1)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by TurboB18C1 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">............The fastset on drag radials DOT was 11.02 according to FastestFWD records, i dont know how often that website is updated ... </TD></TR></TABLE>

the site is updated as fast as possible. the 11.02 is the fastest on a 225 dot that has been reported and found to be accurate. (i know the guy personally and i know the car). and yes, thats fast as **** with that small of a tire, street trim, and no wheelie bars.
Old 09-28-2004, 04:09 PM

Anyone have the video of the car that you are talking about running the supposed 10.8 on dr's ? I am just curious because that seems highly unlikely but a lot of things are possible I suppose, just curious thanks.
Old 09-28-2004, 08:21 PM
New User

Default Re: (ybgnidils)

PLEASE VOTE FOR KERRY unless you are a complete moron and would like to be drafted into a war that should be assisted by other countries but isn't because they hate our government leaders, such as BUSH, CHENEY, and other rich liars who trick the poor mid-americans to vote for them because they never stop using the words, Terror, Freedom, and flip flop...

thats pretty amusing......are you a comedian???
Old 09-29-2004, 05:26 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (ASHY-ELBOW)

Most people I know in CT build their own cars or built by a friend. I have my block sleeved by Northeast Machine Shop and put together by me. U can't beat the joy of working on ur own car plus u know everything about ur car. If something goes wrong u have an idea how to fix it.
Old 09-29-2004, 07:17 AM
New User

Default Re: (Turbocivic94)

Jeff from trick eng is a good friend of mine, we were friends long before he opened his shop. I like jeff working on my car he does excellent work and having the fastest Honda at import wars in NH is good advertising for his shop. And before i get flamed i know that NED has no were near the fast cars that e-town and such have , but Trick Eng cars are usaully the fastest @ import wars. The north east is trying to catch up w/ the rest of the east coast..
Old 09-29-2004, 07:18 AM
New User

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Turbocivic94 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">what part of ct are u from and where did u get ur motor built?</TD></TR></TABLE>

what part of ct are you from??
Old 09-29-2004, 10:09 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: 10.8 Civic Hatch on drag radials (qwkcivic95)

Sorry guys, Been on vacation in Chicago.

I have no documentation of the run.

It said 10.8 though.

It WAS street tire, I looked, and it was also Weds, street tire night.

Maybe something on the timing tripped up, but he did back it up with a few low 11's
Old 09-29-2004, 10:19 AM

Default Re: 10.8 Civic Hatch on drag radials (Calculator)

Still finding it hard to believe...I mean look at this list of people that have tried to do the same thing...
http://www.fastestfwdstreetcar...e.htm

I strongly doubt that an EK hatch would be running 10's on street tires.....
Old 09-29-2004, 10:21 AM
New User

What is sooo hard to believe in this? There are plenty of people out there building or have built fast cars that everyone doens't know of. If the guy was running a bunch of low 11's all night then a 10.80 it is most believable. Who it is y0?
Old 09-29-2004, 10:26 AM

Default Re: (Boostfed)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Boostfed &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">What is sooo hard to believe in this? There are plenty of people out there building or have built fast cars that everyone doens't know of. If the guy was running a bunch of low 11's all night then a 10.80 it is most believable. Who it is y0? </TD></TR></TABLE>

would just help to have SOME kind of proof.....

Quick Reply: 10.8 Civic Hatch on drag radials