Notices
Detailing Auto Detailing and Concours

Detailing my 2000 EX tomorrow - A couple questions (rust spots, minor scratches, roughed bumpers)

Search this Thread

Old 08-23-2008, 12:58 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Detailing my 2000 EX tomorrow - A couple questions (rust spots, minor scratches, roughed bumpers)

I plan to clean the engine bay, under engine, exterior, interior and wheels.

just want you guys to let me know if it seems I am missing anything sand to help out with some areas:

Engine bay - Simple green and whatever pressure I get from my garden hose with a twist nozzle covering (although I've read not entirely necessary) battery terminals, dizzy, and fuse box (where is this exactly?), and some part of the air filter.

My real question is what I can do about a couple of problem areas:

Rust from front plate bolts: (shitty picture but its just small amounts of rust under the bolts.. also a couple of rust spots on the hood.

dings on door panel bumper:

Bumper:

Any ideas besides a new bumper and door panel guard (whatever its called)? I know its in bad shape, just wondering if there is anything I can do to remove the ghetto from my EX on a limited budget.
Old 08-23-2008, 03:10 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: Detailing my 2000 EX tomorrow - A couple questions (EJ8_Enthusiast)

for the hole on your bumper i would suggest using a dremmel and cutting either a circle or a square out and fiberglassing it over. with a hole that big it will not be too hard, and you can learn to fiberglass. respray your bumper and your good as new. or buy a new bumper...surprising easily easy to find on craigslist and such for a really good price.