Notices
Classic Hondas All Pre-1988 Hondas.

FS***CRX***Steet/Track Day/Auto-x***

Search this Thread

Old 06-23-2008, 12:41 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default FS***CRX***Steet/Track Day/Auto-x***

This CRX has been a great car to own for the last few years. It was built from the ground up to compete in Solo competition and was always a top competitor. After earning all the trophies I wanted in Solo 1 and 2. I decided to move on to track racing. The car runs times comparable to the top cars in NASA's Honda Challeng and SCCA's club race. I would always compare my times at the track days to the cars that were there for the weekends races. I never went all the way and caged it for door-to-door racing. I love racing open tracks; but, couldn't bare to damage it.

The car was extremely well built and setup. The suspension is fully adjustable. The chassis has been carefully stiffened in specific locations by a chassis builder based out a Jacksonville, Fl that works on GT/IMSA/and Speed World Challenge cars. It still retains a full "sports style" interior. The motor was also prepped/balanced/assembled by a builder that has built a few National-Champion SCCA motors. The car was only draged once back when I worked at a Gaineville Int Raceway, it made a mid-13 second pass at around 98mph on slicks. Again, this is not a drag car; but, it did beat an ls/Vtec EG with a good driver on that pass. While I was working at the track; the CRX was able to hold a road-course record at GIR.

I bought this car from its original owner who is responsible for most of its build. He was the Chairman for SCCA in my region. He bought this car new and used it as a daily driver for a while and even meet his wife with it. He then got involved with the SCCA solo-II and track racing and promptly began the 20 year build of the CRX. When I first attended auto-cross I watched this car always leave with a trophy. I begged him to sell it to me for a while and was amaized when one day he said yes. I jumped at the chance to own it and actually felt bad when I picked it up and his wife cried.

The plan for this car was to be a competetive, yet easy to maintain track car with no over-the-top build goals. All the mods were carfully planed out to make the biggest performance gains without sacrificing any reliability. Using classy fabrication and race parts from tuners that have proven their reliability and performance; It has developed into a car can be taken to any event and ran on red-line all day long and still be tame enough to get you to work. While its performance is staggering; its build quality and focus on reliabilty is where the real ease of owning it is.
I recently had it repainted, removing the numbers/graphics; because, I was considering finding comfy seats and using as a daily to take advantage of its 45+mpg even with the built motor. My future plan did not involve anymore competitions; I just wanted to stick to lapping days and local events which does not require looking like race car anymore.

I am going to sell it to build a fund for a home purchase. I know I will miss it; but, I have a few other project cars to keep me company. My asking price is very fair for the amount of time/money that has gone into the car and its overall clean condition, so I will not be overly flexible. If I do not get a resonable offer I will be so happy to keep the car; but, I promised the wife I would at least try to sell it.

85 CRX-Si
PRICE: $4.850 obo
(904)-477-0086

List of Mods: The ones I could remember at least

ENGINE
-1.5 Liter (1488cc)
-Rebuilt at 219,000 miles
-Oil- Mobil 1 5w-30
-Honda oil filter #15400-PA6-506
-New Honda pistons + rings .20 over
-Stock rods
-Pistons + rods are professionaly weighed/balanced
-Block and Cylinder-head surface machined, raised copression
-Cylinder head- 3 angle valve job
-New Honda valves and new bronze guides
-Ported 1" into head on intake+Exhaust sides
-Intake manifold+ head fully port matched
-Intake manifold Ported and Polished all the way to the Plenum
-DC headers and exhaust gasket port matched
-Acura Integra oil pump (#15100-PG7-720)
-New stock Honda CRX-Si camshaft
-Extremely rare, tuned **ECU** (call for details)
-Acura integra injectors and injector harness
-Upgraded ignition system (running full vacume advance)
-Stiffer motor mounts
-Unorthodox pullys

Transmission
-Stock CRX Si
-Mugen LSD (setting Full/Race)
-Honda clutch #22105-PE7-A00 (note: clutch is off 4-door Civic '85)
-Throwout bearing #22810-PE6-003
- Schaeffers 6.5 lb flywheel (aluminum with replaceable friction surface)
-Transmission fluid- Redline MTL
-Custom made HD axles
-All new wheel/hub bearings

Suspension
-Corner balanced, perfect 50/50 cross weight w/driver
FRONT
-OPM 27mm torsion bars (no front sway bar)
-OPM Camber-caster plates (-1.9 deg camber, almost full caster, 1/8" Toe out)
-Brakes
*Steel lines front and rear
*CT256-913 Brake Pads (lined with Carbotech's Kelate Metallic)
*New rotors
-Steering Rack+ pinion from 87 CRX HF (quick ratio)
-Mugen steering rack hard rubber bushings

REAR
-OPM motorsports CSP coil over kit
*Eibach 450lb springs 7"x2.50"
-OPM adjustable panhard bar
-Mugen bushings in trailing arms
-Schaeffers- GTR Motorsports rear sway bar (Fully adjustable 3 ways, ball-bearing)
-Brakes
*CT5-546-55 brake shoes (lined with Carbotech's Silver Streak compound)
* Rear drums are Aluminum off of CRX HF

Wheels- Keizer 13"x8.5"- 3 pieces Aluminum (10.5 lbs each)
*Kumho Ecsta 710's DOT slicks

Interior
-Bucket seats w/ custom brackets
-4-point harness for driver
-Momo steering wheel
-sterio delete
-Sunroof delete (with non-sunroof headliner and dome-light)
-All panels are fade/crack free

Pics- sorry I cant find any old pics of it with the numbers and comp-decals in race trim. So, here is what I took today. The under-chassis is a little dusty from a recent off-track excursion I made and I haven't had a chance to clean it yet.
But, here it is on the street tires; It sits quit a bit lower on the slicks.
http://s248.photobucket.com/al...0sale/

Extras
Car comes with more spares than I could ever list
There is every seal/ bearing/freez plug needed to rebuild this motor. It also comes with a spare ported/fully assembled ready to race cylinder head.
All you would need to do is find another block and you could have a race ready spare motor.
There are also some of the OE parts, cold air intake (short-ram is on car), electrical parts, Stock ECU for daily use or stock class racing.
Spare lights, motor mounts, valve cover, extra clutch and pressure plate. So much more
Old 06-24-2008, 12:46 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: FS***CRX***Steet/Track Day/Auto-x*** (Gvilleracer)

You screwed up your first post, read the rules. This isnt a for sale thread so its gona get locked. Put it in for sale section...
Old 06-24-2008, 05:50 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: FS***CRX***Steet/Track Day/Auto-x*** (jdmda7)

I thought I couln't post in the FS section for two weeks?
Thats what it said in "the rules" when I signed up.
Old 06-24-2008, 09:05 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

You should post this over on http://www.redpepperracing.com.

I linked this topic into their FS forum.

Nice car, lots of cool parts.

Scott

Modified by cbstd at 6:11 PM 6/24/2008

Modified by cbstd at 6:12 PM 6/24/2008