Notices
Audio / Security / Video Sound Systems, Alarms, Electronics

Wired up my Amplifier / Subwoofer, still doesn't work! Help!

Search this Thread

Old 04-08-2006, 11:33 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Wired up my Amplifier / Subwoofer, still doesn't work! Help!

I have an Infinity Basslink, a self-powered subwoofer with the amp attached to it. So I wired the power wire from the battery to the fuse to the basslink. The ground from the chassis to the basslink. The remote turn on is connected to the blue and white wire of my aftermarket HU as well as the factory amplifier wire of my car. So in other words, the blue/white, factory amp, and remote turn on are all crimped together. The RCA cables are running to the basslink as well. Any ideas of why its not working! Are ALL parts of the chassis a ground?
Old 04-08-2006, 12:11 PM
Honda-Tech Member

get a digital multi meter. make sure you have 12volts on the remote turn on wire the blue/white wire. and same as your battery power check at the amplifier cause sometimes fuses look good but are blown in the glass where you cant see also wire crimps tend to make lose connections. if you have all power(by the amp connections) take your meter and do a continuity check on ground put the meter on ohms test then go from the ground connection at the amp, then a bolt in the chassis. maybe your ground is not good. after you are 100% all the hook up is good. check the fuses on the amplifer or the pre amp connected to the enclosure. if you have 12volts there your amp may be bad or it is on and the speaker is bad. take the speaker out and meter it on ohms test to see if you get around 4 ohms usually standard on a sinlge coil sub..if the sub is good then the amp is bad... in that case you will need to take it to get repaired or use another amp good luck i hope its a lose connection p.s. you only need 1 source for remote power either your head unit or your factory amp trip if you don't have 12v at the remote turn on use a jumper from battery power to remote on the amp for test only to see if the amp works if so then try to figure out why the remote wire does not have 12v on it.
Old 04-08-2006, 12:15 PM
Honda-Tech Member

ah if you are not getting audio it is possible your rcas are messed up but usually 1 channel goes first do to faulty rcas both at once is rare unless they are really crappy rca cable and your head unit could be messed up. not sending signal out of the rca ouput. i hope this is not too confusing.
Old 04-08-2006, 12:32 PM

Default Re: (hyperforming)

haha it is pretty confusing. i'm trying to analyze ur post one possibility at a time. i HOPE its not the RCA wires or the head unit cuz that'll be a B*TCH. I'll need to get that volt meter.
Old 04-08-2006, 02:03 PM
fcm
Old Fart

Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts
Default Re: (eLeCtRoNSi00)

Is it only the "Basslink" that is not working?
Does the other amp work? 94
Old 04-08-2006, 02:36 PM

Default Re: (fcm)

the amp is built into the back of the basslink. so all the necessary wires r hooked up to the amp (power, remote, ground, RCA's). the sub is in perfect workin condition. its a defect in the wiring somewhere.
Old 04-08-2006, 03:47 PM
fcm
Old Fart

Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts
Default Re: (eLeCtRoNSi00)

What I mean is, is the rest of the system working, ["factory amp"] are you getting sound, is it only the Basslink that does not work, [no sub bass]? 94
Old 04-08-2006, 11:24 PM

Default Re: (fcm)

o yea. i got sound from rest of system, just basslink wasnt working

anyways thx for all the advice i fixed the system! it ended up being poorly grounded, that's all.