Audio / Security / Video Sound Systems, Alarms, Electronics

Viper 791VX - Need a Immobilizer/Bypass?

Search this Thread

Old 06-18-2006, 05:36 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Viper 791VX - Need a Immobilizer/Bypass?

I am thinking of getting this alarm for my 95 accord, and ive seen on many sites that I may require an immobilizer/bypass for this to work with my vehicle, and Im not sure if I need it or not?

Does anyone else have this alarm, any reviews?

I want a good alarm with an LCD remote and all that cool ****.
Old 06-18-2006, 07:38 PM

is there an icon of a key in the gauge cluster which usually flashes when locked or upon starting car? if so, you need the bypass. however, i think this only began wit 6th gens.
Old 06-18-2006, 09:21 PM

Default Re: (CB7.v2)

I dont think so - Im not sure ill check next time I get in my car.
Old 06-18-2006, 10:24 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Viper 791VX - Need a Immobilizer/Bypass? (Captain Flaps)

you dont need a bypass for your car.
Old 06-19-2006, 02:52 PM

Default Re: Viper 791VX - Need a Immobilizer/Bypass? (SiRGDC)

Does anyone have this alarm?

I think ill get it tonight, It was 400 at circuit city, I found it online for 180!!
Old 06-19-2006, 03:30 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I own the alarm. Works well.

Please be aware that if you buy it online for $180 you will be purchasing an alarm with no warranty. So you'll be on your own (and probably buying a new one) if something goes wrong.
Old 06-20-2006, 05:14 PM

Default Re: (B18C_EJ8)

Why wouldnt it come with a warranty?
Old 06-20-2006, 07:01 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Because if you don't buy from and have it installed by an authorized dealer, you get no warranty. Call DEI if you don't believe. *waits for FCM to chime in*

Old 06-21-2006, 01:43 PM

Ill get it professionally installed, buying it online for a reasonable price doesnt mean you dont get a warranty.

Do you enjoy pulling information out of your ***?
Old 06-21-2006, 03:04 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Okay. Try registering your product and telling DEI that you purchased it from an unauthorized dealer. Let us know what happens.

Edit: And when I said "no warranty", I meant that you won't get the lifetime warranty... You might get the one year, but I doubt it.

From their site:

http://www.directed.com/contact/faq.asp?no=10#10
Old 06-21-2006, 03:45 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

DIRECTWIRE™ WIRING INFORMATION - HONDA / ACCORD / 1995 / Remote Start

[PRINT THIS PAGE]

12volts white + ignition harness
Starter black/white + ignition harness
Second Starter
Ignition black/yellow + ignition harness
Second Ignition
Third Ignition
Accessory yellow + ignition harness
Second Accessory
Keysense
Power Lock black/white - gray conn. above fuse
Power Unlock orange - box in blue tape
Lock Motor
Unlock Motor
Parking Lights+ red/black blue plug fuse box
Notes: Also a male blade terminal is available in the fusebox DKP.
Parking Lights-
Hazards
Turn Signal(L)
Turn Signal(R)
Reverse Light
Door Trigger blk/wht - gray plug right of column
Dome Supervision use door trigger
Trunk/Hatch Pin orange - gray plug right of column
Hood Pin
Trunk/Hatch Release
Power Sliding Door
Factory Alarm Arm
Factory Alarm Disarm
Disarm No Unlock
Tachometer blue AC at distributor
Wait to start
Brake Wire green/white + brake switch
Parking Brake
Horn Trigger blue/red or lt. green/blue - steering column
Memory Seat 1
Memory Seat 2
Memory Seat 3
Interface Module: Category:
Immobilizer Bypass Required:
No Type:
N/A
Part #: N/A
Notes:
Smart Starter Kill Relays: Not Available

This wiring information is being provided free of charge on an "as is" basis, without any representation or warranty. It is your responsibility to verify any circuit before interfacing with it using a digital multimeter.
Directed Electronics assumes no responsibility with regards to the accuracy or currency of this information. Proper installation in every case is and remains the responsibility of the installer. DEI assumes no liability or responsibility resulting from improper installation, even in reliance upon this information.

nope no bypass
Old 06-22-2006, 09:03 AM
fcm
Old Fart

Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts
Default Re: (Captain Flaps)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Captain Flaps &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Ill get it professionally installed, buying it online for a reasonable price doesnt mean you dont get a warranty.

Do you enjoy pulling information out of your ***?</TD></TR></TABLE>If you got the alarm from an unauthorized dealer, then there is no manufacturers warranty, period, not for one year not for one month, none.

If you got it from an authorized dealer, [doubtful at $180] and you have it installed at an unauthorized install shop, [no matter how professional they are] you will only get 1 years manufacturers warranty on the unit, and whatever install warranty the shop gives you.

And last but not least, if you got the alarm from an unauthorized dealer and have it installed at an authorized DEI install shop, you will still not get any manufacturers warranty on the unit.

That's not info out of my ***, thats just the way it is, and as B18C_EJ8 suggests, if you do not believe, go ahead and try and register the unit with DEI. 94
Old 06-22-2006, 09:05 AM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">If you got the alarm from an unauthorized dealer, then there is no manufacturers warranty, period, not for one year not for one month, none.
If you got it from an authorized dealer, [doubtful at $180] and you have it installed at an unauthorized install shop, [no matter how professional they are] you will only get 1 years manufacturers warranty on the unit, and whatever install warranty the shop gives you.

And last but not least, if you got the alarm from an unauthorized dealer and have it installed at an authorized DEI install shop, you will still not get any manufacturers warranty on the unit.

That's not info out of my ***, thats just the way it is, and as B18C_EJ8 suggests, if you do not believe, go ahead and try and register the unit with DEI. 94
</TD></TR></TABLE>

I bet that hurt when you pulled all of that out of your ***...
Old 06-22-2006, 10:41 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

$400 is Circuit City's INSTALLED price.
Old 06-22-2006, 10:49 AM
Honda-Tech Member

I thought CC didn't sell Viper anymore?
Old 06-22-2006, 05:41 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Re: (suspendedHatch)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by suspendedHatch &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">$400 is Circuit City's INSTALLED price.</TD></TR></TABLE>
jeez we charge $550 and up for those at my work, thats a good price.
Old 06-22-2006, 06:30 PM
fcm
Old Fart

Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by B18C_EJ8 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

I bet that hurt when you pulled all of that out of your ***... </TD></TR></TABLE> Got yea, your not reading the whole post, because you missed this... <TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by fcm &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">That's not info out of my ***, thats just the way it is, </TD></TR></TABLE>I don't pull info out of my ***, however I did see, [from a possible reliable source] that you may, in fact, enjoy pulling it from your ***, or was that just someone spreading rumors? 94
Old 06-22-2006, 06:34 PM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote"> however I did see, [from a possible reliable source] that you may, in fact, enjoy pulling it from your ***, or was that just someone spreading rumors? 94 </TD></TR></TABLE>

Yeah... I think it was some smartass, know-it-all '05 that assumed that I enjoyed that sort of thing...
Old 06-22-2006, 10:43 PM

I called circuit city and they said it was 499 plus 180 for installation.

How important is the warranty?

And how do I find out if circuit city is an autorized dealer or not?
Old 06-23-2006, 03:11 AM
Honda-Tech Member

How important is the warranty? I guess that depends on how deep your pockets are, and if you don't mind paying for new antennas or brains should something go wrong...
Old 06-23-2006, 01:10 PM

I called the company that sell's the car alarm, they said they are an autorized DEI dealer, I recoreded the phone call for proof.

They also offer a 1year warranty through the company as well.
Old 06-24-2006, 12:57 AM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by B18C_EJ8 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">I own the alarm. Works well.

Please be aware that if you buy it online for $180 you will be purchasing an alarm with no warranty. So you'll be on your own (and probably buying a new one) if something goes wrong.</TD></TR></TABLE>

i actually work at circuit city as an installer and it is 499 INSTALLED, and we dont carry viper, we carry python which is the same ****, different remote.
you are a retard you are buying it online for 180 bucks cause it doesnt include installation and doesnt come with a manufacturer's warranty. goodluck on getting the alarm 'professionally installed' and then having the company who installed the alarm guarantee their work. as soon as you have a problem with the alarm and bring it back to the company they are gonna tell you to go expletive your self.

Now that must have hurt you to pull that all that info out of your ***, retard.
Old 06-24-2006, 05:50 AM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">i actually work at circuit city as an installer and it is 499 INSTALLED, and we dont carry viper, we carry python which is the same ****, different remote.
you are a retard you are buying it online for 180 bucks cause it doesnt include installation and doesnt come with a manufacturer's warranty. goodluck on getting the alarm 'professionally installed' and then having the company who installed the alarm guarantee their work. as soon as you have a problem with the alarm and bring it back to the company they are gonna tell you to go expletive your self.

Now that must have hurt you to pull that all that info out of your ***, retard. i actually work at circuit city as an installer and it is 499 INSTALLED, and we dont carry viper, we carry python which is the same ****, different remote.

Now that must have hurt you to pull that all that info out of your ***, retard. </TD></TR></TABLE>

Why was I quoted with that gem of a response? What's that nonsense have to do with what I wrote?
Old 06-24-2006, 08:38 PM

Default Re: (Captain Flaps)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Captain Flaps &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">I called the company that sell's the car alarm, they said they are an autorized DEI dealer, I recoreded the phone call for proof.

They also offer a 1year warranty through the company as well. </TD></TR></TABLE>

Stop being cheap, it will cost you more in the long run. It doesnt matter what they say on the phone, unless they are authorized dealer, no warranty from DEI. The internet seller might warranty it, but your going to pay for removal and reinstall a second time?

Also, there are not many DEI dealers that will install something that you didnt buy from them, if they do your going to be charged more. Your paying for install in that 4-500 dollar price.

Im a DEI dealer, come by and Ill be happy to sell you a unit over the counter for the same price youll pay online and Ill still be making a few bucks. Dealers make most their money in labor of alarms, not the unit themselves.

BTW dont let CC install your alarm, go to a reputable Mom and Pop place, youll pay the same or less plus you wont have a 18 year old learning on your car.

And Vipers brain has a lifetime warranty from the dealer and 1 year on the remote.

Old 06-25-2006, 05:31 PM

Default Re: (revhi)

I cant find any decent places here in phoenix, AZ. I called AudioExpress they said $600 installed, I called CC, got the same price, for a Viper they said.

Im not sure what to do then..