Audio / Security / Video Sound Systems, Alarms, Electronics

Rockford Fosgate pre fab HX2 vented enclosure?

Search this Thread

Old 04-09-2003, 02:18 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Rockford Fosgate pre fab HX2 vented enclosure?

My freind wants to sell me his prefab Rockford Fosgate single 12'' vented enclosure for really cheap (model RFB3121 )

http://www.rockfordfosgate.com/enclosures/

The woofer is a single 4 ohm HE woofer in a 2.2 cf 3/4 mdf enclosure all made by Rockford Fosgate. I was thinking if I should buy his enclosure sell the HE woofer and put a 12dvc HX2 woofer in it's place, running off my JBL BP 600.1 amp? Since the box is designed for the HE (200 rms max) can it handle 600rms from the HX2? Also will a JBL bp 600.1 be enough to move a HX2(2 ohms) in a 2.2 cf ported box?

Some of you know that I already have a 12'' Kicker L5 in a 1.9 cf vented box, after hearing the HX2 I think the L5 sucks
Old 04-09-2003, 05:18 PM
New User

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: Rockford Fosgate pre fab HX2 vented enclosure? (Halo)

I wouldln't run either of the RF's, but that's another discussion all together.

What you are going to have to do, is find out the exact dimensions of the vent in the prefab box, then do some math to see if an HX2 will even sound good in that box. At the very minimum see what that box is tuned to.

If the HX2 needs a totally different box, then you are going nowhere by purchasing the RF box. Then you will have a sub you need to sell and a new sub that sounds like *** in this new box that you just spent money on.

Wouldn't it just be easier to buy the sub, then build a proper box for it and be done? If you want an HX2, go buy the HX2 and then get the right box the first time.

Now let's make the wild assumption that the HX2 will work in the HE box...if the box is well built...I would assume the RF does a pretty good job, then if there is enough mounting depth, you don't have to worry about the HX2 and the 600W.

Hope that helps, but you may save yourself some agony if you just do it right the first time....I've learned that lesson the hard way