Notices
Audio / Security / Video Sound Systems, Alarms, Electronics

Remote Start Installation issue - compustar cs800

Search this Thread

Old 11-14-2017, 01:38 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Remote Start Installation issue - compustar cs800

Very sorry for the long post, but i'm desperate for input!

2001 CRV - according to everything i've read this car does NOT have an immobilizer so I don't believe that is the issue.
I've hooked it up following the instructions on the manual and this wiring diagram..
http://www.alarmsellout.com/support/...01997-2006.pdf

CS800 manual
https://lockdownsecurity.forumbee.co...ll_v1-1_en.pdf

The only wire i haven't hooked up in the above diagram is the "second accessory wire white/black" as I'm not sure what this would be used for or hooked up to on the module. I don't think that is the problem either as the unit gets power and works with keyless well and responds to input quickly..?

I've got the keyless entry working great, the remote will even turn the starter very briefly, but it's as if the car immediately denies the request. Very brief starter crank and then just stops. The car is mechanically immaculate and will start instantly with the key.
The compustar will attempt 3 starts before giving up, extending each crank time, but same result every time.

I've even tried hooking up the "tach sensing wire" to the blue tach wire, and also to another light-blue wire on the distributor. Both times the system would report "bad tach signal" which is clearly not correct as I tested both with ohm meter.

I'm stumped, car won't start with this system, appears to not be an immobilizer, but it almost feels that way by how the car attempts to start but won't actually fire up.

Please any help, i'm desperate and this was my gf's christmas present!
Old 01-28-2018, 09:56 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: Remote Start Installation issue - compustar cs800

Try getting the tach from the fuel injector wire. Any fuel injector on a wire that is not the same color as all the other fuel injector wires. Then learn the tach and try again. If it fails, the car should give error out and the parking light will flash. The amount of error flashes will tell you the issue or what to check on the manual of the alarm.
Originally Posted by S4gazm
Very sorry for the long post, but i'm desperate for input!

2001 CRV - according to everything i've read this car does NOT have an immobilizer so I don't believe that is the issue.
I've hooked it up following the instructions on the manual and this wiring diagram..
http://www.alarmsellout.com/support/...01997-2006.pdf

CS800 manual
https://lockdownsecurity.forumbee.co...ll_v1-1_en.pdf

The only wire i haven't hooked up in the above diagram is the "second accessory wire white/black" as I'm not sure what this would be used for or hooked up to on the module. I don't think that is the problem either as the unit gets power and works with keyless well and responds to input quickly..?

I've got the keyless entry working great, the remote will even turn the starter very briefly, but it's as if the car immediately denies the request. Very brief starter crank and then just stops. The car is mechanically immaculate and will start instantly with the key.
The compustar will attempt 3 starts before giving up, extending each crank time, but same result every time.

I've even tried hooking up the "tach sensing wire" to the blue tach wire, and also to another light-blue wire on the distributor. Both times the system would report "bad tach signal" which is clearly not correct as I tested both with ohm meter.

I'm stumped, car won't start with this system, appears to not be an immobilizer, but it almost feels that way by how the car attempts to start but won't actually fire up.

Please any help, i'm desperate and this was my gf's christmas present!