Notices
Audio / Security / Video Sound Systems, Alarms, Electronics

injector kill switch

Search this Thread

Old 04-26-2006, 07:28 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default injector kill switch

for another layer is it possible to install a kill switch at the injectors.
any info on this?
will just a simple switch do or would i have to use resistors and a relay?
Old 04-26-2006, 09:04 PM

Default Re: injector kill switch (vesperfx)

you can do a fuel pump cut off switch
very eazy if your intrested let me know and i will give you a quick how to
Old 04-26-2006, 10:51 PM
fcm
Old Fart

Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts
Default Re: injector kill switch (vesperfx)

Yes you can, most Honda/Acuras, injector relay is in the "PGM-Main Relay", [ more commonly called the fuel pump relay, [there are actually 2 relays inside the "PGM-Main Relay", one is for the fuel pump power the other is for the injector and a few sensors] while the fuel pump relay is controlled by the "ECM" the injector relay is controlled by the ign. switch, installing a relay, [or high current switch (15A-20A)] on the 12V+ line into "PGM-Main Relay for injector relay coil, [and fuel pump power] you would disable not only the injectors but the fuel pump also, if you install a low current switch (.5A-1A) on the coil ground for the injector relay you can disable the injectors and any sensors on the same line as the, you can also install a relay, [or high current switch (10A-15A)] on the 12V+ constant input to the injector relay, it would also disable the injectors.

The "PGM-Main Relays are different and wire colors are different on diff. models and years of Honda/Acuras, but they are all about the same, but would need MMY of your car to know what color the wires are. 94
Old 04-27-2006, 08:10 AM

thanks will be doing this today sometime.
Old 04-27-2006, 08:45 AM
fcm
Old Fart

Default Re: (vesperfx)

Good luck. 94
Old 04-27-2006, 08:35 PM

yeah i went to do install this today but i cannot tell where to install a switch on the relay. im guessing you say to either install a high power switch 15a or 10a.
or a relay to the 12+ on the pgmfi relay. its a 95 integra ls thanks
Old 04-28-2006, 08:46 AM
fcm
Old Fart

On a 95 teg you can install a low current SPST, [on/off] switch on the black wire going into the PGM-Main Relay, it is the ground for the injector relays coil.

You can install a relay or high current switch on the yellow/black wire coming out of the PGM-Main Relay, [power out of injector relay]

You can install a relay or high current switch on the yellow/white wire going into the PGM-Main Relay, [power in for injector relay]

You can install a relay or high current switch on the black/yellow wire going into switch, [power for injector coil and fuel pump relay]

The one I would recommend is the first one, low current switch on black wire, it requires no relay and only a small SPST [on/off switch] no extra wiring for a relay. 94
Old 04-29-2006, 02:45 PM

thats the one im gonna do. went to classic car audio today and the guy threw me five of the smallest rocker switches i have ever seen for free. thanks for your help.
Old 04-30-2006, 12:15 AM
Honda-Tech Member

How can u do this for the 91 integra.... the Fuel Pump Cut off...
like where is it, and what wire(s) do i need to connect my switch and the re-lays..

i want to do this tomorrow or so,

thanks !
Old 04-30-2006, 11:03 AM
fcm
Old Fart

Default Re: (Elbowpunk)

On the 91 teg if you want to kill the fuel pump power using just a low current on/off switch, install the switch on the green/black wire going into the PGM-Main Relay, it is the relay control lead from the ECM. the PGM-Main Relay is located under dash drivers side, above fuse box, not hard to find, it will be the one that "clicks" on when you turn on the ign. and then within a few sec. it "clicks" off, [fuel line is primed] will "click" back on again when motor started. 94
Old 04-30-2006, 01:33 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (fcm)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by fcm &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote"> On the 91 teg if you want to kill the fuel pump power using just a low current on/off switch, install the switch on the green/black wire going into the PGM-Main Relay, it is the relay control lead from the ECM. the PGM-Main Relay is located under dash drivers side, above fuse box, not hard to find, it will be the one that "clicks" on when you turn on the ign. and then within a few sec. it "clicks" off, [fuel line is primed] will "click" back on again when motor started. 94</TD></TR></TABLE>

so how do i use a 10g wire to connect that greeb/black wire to my re-lay then to the siwtch ?? is that right or what ?? ahh im kinda confused what the re-lay does to the switch... help ?
Old 04-30-2006, 03:05 PM
fcm
Old Fart

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Elbowpunk &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

so how do i use a 10g wire to connect that greeb/black wire to my re-lay then to the siwtch ?? is that right or what ?? ahh im kinda confused what the re-lay does to the switch... help ?</TD></TR></TABLE> if you are going to use the green/black, [relay control] you do not need another relay, all you need is a low current on/off switch, [1 amp max] all you do is cut the green/black at some point and connect each cut end up to the switch, if you have to extend the cut ends of the green/black wire to where you want to install the switch just use the same gauge wire as the green/black. 94
Old 04-30-2006, 06:30 PM

any possible problems with using these small rocker switches?
is a inline fuse needed?
Old 04-30-2006, 09:46 PM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by fcm &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote"> if you are going to use the green/black, [relay control] you do not need another relay, all you need is a low current on/off switch, [1 amp max] all you do is cut the green/black at some point and connect each cut end up to the switch, if you have to extend the cut ends of the green/black wire to where you want to install the switch just use the same gauge wire as the green/black. 94</TD></TR></TABLE>

so i need the switch... and same wires.... but is the green/black wire(s) 1 or 2 different wires and are they together or a part...

and just cut them but how does the circuit continue if its cut in half, i need something that goes inbetween that part (relay?) like a T type model..

MODEL ::

----- = the wires
l
l = the new wire
l

(where ever the wires go) -------- (relay) --------- fuel pump
l
l
l
Switch

something like that ?
Old 04-30-2006, 09:48 PM
Honda-Tech Member

^^^

on the model... the

l
l
l
is under the (relay) ... the post messed it up...
Old 05-01-2006, 09:10 AM
fcm
Old Fart

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Elbowpunk &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

so i need the switch... and same wires.... but is the green/black wire(s) 1 or 2 different wires and are they together or a part...

and just cut them but how does the circuit continue if its cut in half, i need something that goes inbetween that part (relay?) like a T type model..

MODEL ::

----- = the wires
l
l = the new wire
l

(where ever the wires go) -------- (relay) --------- fuel pump
l
l
l
Switch

something like that ?</TD></TR></TABLE> The green/black wire is one wire running from the ECM/ECU to the PGM-Main Relay, it is the control wire for the fuel pump relay, it is a low current ground, it can be cut anyplace between the ECM/ECU, [on pass side of car] and the PGM-Main Relay, [on drivers side of car] and the on/off switch installed between the 2 cut ends, with the switch off the ECM/ECU can not control the relay, [energize it] so no power will get to the fuel pump.
Because this in a low current line, [no more then 125mA-200mA] a relay is not needed, only a small switch, [1A max] a relay is 25/30 amps.

However, installing a relay on the green/black wire can't hurt anything, but will still require that you wire a small low current switch to control the relay, it is redundant, you would be using a low current switch to control a high current relay that is controlling a low current line that is controlling a high current relay, a lot of unnecessary wiring 94

PS, the "new" wire is only needed if you need to extend the green/black lead you have cut, both cut ends would have to be extened so they reach where you want to mount the switch.

Modified by fcm at 10:26 AM 5/1/2006
Old 05-01-2006, 09:22 AM
fcm
Old Fart

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by vesperfx &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">any possible problems with using these small rocker switches?
is a inline fuse needed?
</TD></TR></TABLE> It depends on the wire you are going to cut and install the switch on, if it is a low current line, [coil ground for injector relay (black) then no, [as long as switch is at least 500mA] if it is going on a power wire, [high current] then yes, [if the switch is less the 20A] and if you want to put it on a power wire to the PGM-Main Relay, [high current] then I would use a relay and control the relay with the switch, but as stated before it is unnecessary wiring to accomplish the same thing.

A fuse would only be needed if you install a relay, then the power wire going to the relay coil will need a fuse on it. You could use the power from the power wire you cut, and then no fuse would be needed, [the wire is already fused] Did I mention that your better off without the relay. 94
Old 05-01-2006, 05:50 PM
Honda-Tech Member

where is the PGM-Main Relay located in the g2 integras....

so where would be a better cut to the ECU or the PGM-Main Relay or in between ?

I need more wire so that i can hide it right ?

But still what i dont get, is how come if i cut the wire say by the ECU, then how will the rest of the green/black wire get to the fuel still working even tho i have the switch within those cut
Old 05-02-2006, 08:40 AM
fcm
Old Fart

The PGM-Main Relay should be just above your left knee, and will look something like this... http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors...ZWD1V
It really makes no diff. where you cut the green/black wire, although I would want to do it someplace that is not obvious, and as long as the two ends, you end up with when you cut the lead, are connected to the switch, when the switch is on the connection between the ECM/ECU and the PGM-Main Relay is complete, turn the switch off, the connection is broken.

I have done a few of them where I have the switch hidden close to green/black wire and no extra wire was needed, but yes in most cases you will need some extra wire so you can extend the 2 cut ends to where you want to hide the switch. 94
Old 05-03-2006, 11:46 PM
Honda-Tech Member

does that wire look right ??? thats the only i can find... but no black marks on it...
that whole area is taped up and its hard to tell... is it that one, or the ones behind it?? expletive this **** is hard... lol cant i jsut get it from the back ??

like this pic ??

on this pic^ it has 5 wires... 3 black ones, 2 peachy types and 1 green/red wire.... do u think its the green one ??

Modified by Elbowpunk at 7:43 AM 5/4/2006
Old 05-03-2006, 11:51 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

No!!! That's your starter kill relay from your alarm. That's not even factory.

It's one of the yellow wires. Test them with a voltmeter.
Old 05-04-2006, 06:45 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (suspendedHatch)

so can i make it my starter kill then ?? instead a fuel cut off ??
what color is the starter..... i wanna do one of that to and a fuel pump one

then where is my fuel wire ???
Old 05-04-2006, 07:25 AM
fcm
Old Fart

Hey Elbowpunk are you on g2ic also, that pix looks familiar. You have a post from me there with a pix of location of PRM-Main Relay. 94
Old 05-04-2006, 03:36 PM
Honda-Tech Member

^^ lol yea i am... lol ya i looked at it now...

hey FCM if u got AIM please IM me.... ElbowPunk

i can really use ur fast help ... thanks
Old 05-04-2006, 03:56 PM
Honda-Tech Member

ok ... im about to give up..

i cant the ****** wire...
here some pics i took to see if u guys can find it..

the steering wheel in on top... photo is right-side up...

another angle... right side up

Quick Reply: injector kill switch