Notices
Audio / Security / Video Sound Systems, Alarms, Electronics

i have an oem honda cd player and dont have the code

Search this Thread

Old 04-07-2008, 04:00 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default i have an oem honda cd player and dont have the code

does any1 know any online or any1 that can get me a code. this head unit is not stolen i just got the car and never had the code. any help will be greatly apprieciated.
Old 04-07-2008, 04:31 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: i have an oem honda cd player and dont have the code (truckhigh)

your going to have to go to honda and give them the VIN number. Dont expect it to be cheap. They rape you on **** like that. Just replace the radio or make the people you bought it from pay for it to get it unlocked. I dont think there are any back doors to by pass the factory anti-theft
Old 04-07-2008, 05:27 PM
fcm
Old Fart

Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts
Default Re: i have an oem honda cd player and dont have the code (truckhigh)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by 95jdmej2 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">your going to have to go to honda and give them the VIN number. Dont expect it to be cheap. They rape you on **** like that. Just replace the radio or make the people you bought it from pay for it to get it unlocked. I dont think there are any back doors to by pass the factory anti-theft</TD></TR></TABLE> All I can say is BS.

Remove the HU and get the serial number off the bottom, go to your local Honda dealer with proof of ownership, as long as they do not have to pull the HU to get the serial number it will cost you nothing, it will take them a few min. to look it up.

I have sent many customers to Honda and Acura to get the code and not one of them has ever been charged anything, unless they let the service dept. pull the HU to get the number. 94
Old 04-08-2008, 10:02 AM

yeah i heard that people pay for it and was wondering what people pay . i dont wanna let them rape me on the price of getting the code. i hate dealerships.
Old 04-08-2008, 10:21 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (truckhigh)

Just call up and ask the local dealer how much they charge before you go. If they want to charge, go somewhere else.

I'm lucky to know the parts manager at my local dealer. I've had to get codes for 3 Honda radios (my car, brother's, and ebay purchase) and he does it in like 2 seconds for free.
Old 04-08-2008, 05:31 PM

wasnt their sone1 on here taht ised to be able to get these codes for us. i think it was a couple of years ago. that would save me alot of foot work.