Audio / Security / Video Sound Systems, Alarms, Electronics

HOW-TO: Stealth Alarm Install

Search this Thread

Old 10-13-2005, 08:42 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default HOW-TO: Stealth Alarm Install

This is a car alarm install walkthrough, done properly so that it can't be silenced or bypassed.
http://members.***.net/shaundr....html

If you need an introduction, please start here:
http://members.***.net/shaundr....html

PLEASE READ THE FOLLOWING:
I appreciate your appreciation. While I welcome questions, corrections, requests for clarification, specific/detailed pic requests, and constructive criticism, I don’t want to scroll through 5+ pages of “nice write up”, “bump”, “sticky”, and “thank you”. Please don't respond to other people's idiotic comments, but feel free to answer their legitimate questions.

Also I don’t want to hear “great, now thieves know how to steal your car”. The fact is that I wouldn’t be able to steal one of my own customer’s cars even if I had the ignition key (sans the alarm remote). If I sold my car, I couldn't steal it back, even with the intimate knowledge I have of it's security system.

If you want to show your appreciation, please try one of my following suggestions.
Apply some or all of this information to your car
Spread this information
Post a link in every “help my car got stolen” thread
Find and kill a car thief
Find me some free/ad-free server space
PM me some specific, detailed constructive criticism

You’re welcome.

Thanks to all my customers that unwittingly contributed to this project, especially Mike for his infinite patience. Thanks to fcm for being smarter than me and willing to impart his knowledge on this poor, disabled, half-blind, punk *** bitch.

Modified by suspendedHatch at 12:05 PM 10/19/2005
Old 10-14-2005, 01:29 PM
fcm
Old Fart

Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts
Default Re: HOW-TO: Stealth Alarm Install (suspendedHatch)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by suspendedHatch &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Thanks to fcm for being smarter than me and willing to impart his knowledge on this poor, disabled, half-blind, punk *** bitch.</TD></TR></TABLE>LMAO, what a great way to end my H/T session for the day, I almost hurt myself laughing, and your welcome you poor, disabled, half blind, punk *** bitch. Brahahahahahahahahah,.
I just kind of glanced through it, [as I got to go, will read it all later] but a very good write up and although I don't agree 100% on how and where connections are made, that has more to do with, how I do things rather then there being anything wrong in how you suggest they be done.
I will however disagree about soldering, [I do agree that if you don't know how, a crimp connection will be a much better connection] but soldering is not that hard, it's not like welding , I believe anybody can learn to solder very quickly, [if shown how] [being told how may take a little longer]
Anyway, good job 94
Old 10-14-2005, 06:44 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: HOW-TO: Stealth Alarm Install (fcm)

Hey "poor, disabled, and half-blind" are not exaggerations; although punk *** bitch is subjective.

You have had some influence on me during the creation of the site and a second opinion on "where connections are made" would be welcome.

Thing about crimping is that I taught my girlfriend how to crimp in ten minutes. Yeah, she made herself some bracelets, but they were very well crimped bracelets. I taught my nine year old how to crimp. The kid can't even sit still, but he got it down. I had some trouble with soldering to my satisfaction until I learned that really I just needed a good quality soldering iron. But still I prefer crimps and see no need for soldering the majority of my connections.

I get some people that have a lot of trouble splicing a switch inline to a fuel pump wire. Do I really want to start telling these people to play with soldering irons? *no offense to anyone in particular*

Thanks for checking out the site.
Old 10-19-2005, 11:04 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: HOW-TO: Stealth Alarm Install (suspendedHatch)

Hah ha. I barely get a response. "Why did my car get stolen... why did my car get stolen?" "I had an alarm!" Well now the thieves got your alarm suckers. You spent all your time on your DIY halos. Oh well, I tried.
Old 10-19-2005, 11:23 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

how much can you get a viper350hv for and how much for a basic install? im local