Audio / Security / Video Sound Systems, Alarms, Electronics

h/u to play tweeters

Search this Thread

Old 10-31-2004, 08:18 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default h/u to play tweeters

im thinking of using 4 channels on my head unit just to play tweeters, will thiss affect the signals sent to the amps?

i know id have to use condensers, a crossover as well?
Old 10-31-2004, 03:30 PM

Default Re: h/u to play tweeters (bassisliffe)

may i ask y u want to do this in the first place.

u can if u'd like, but u will need bass capacitors or a crossover set up. something that should block any freq under 3khz.

im not sure if it will affect the output signals to the amp. u can use a multimeter to test it.

good luck!
Old 10-31-2004, 04:45 PM

using the internal amp to play the tweeters shouldn't have much, if any, affects on the amp.
Old 10-31-2004, 05:07 PM

Default Re: (GSteg)

thanks for the replies

i want to do this cause im tired of frying tweeters and i want to add some seperate ones, i have a pg octane r component set in the front, but i need more tweeter sound when the 18w3 starts rolling bass everywhere!

i guess ill just try it, ill use some cheap audiopipe silk ones for starters, if it works out ok im looking for some infinity or mb quart tweeters
Old 10-31-2004, 07:54 PM

Default Re: (bassisliffe)

if u keep on frying tweeters, do u ever wonder y the tweeters always blow?
Old 11-01-2004, 12:26 PM

if you were using an external amp for the tweeters, then there lies part of the problem. When setting the gain on the amp for the tweeters, most people do not know when to stop cranking the gain.

how well does your midrange keep up with the 18w3?

if you have space under the dash, look into HLCD (horn loaded compression drivers). they are much more efficient than traditional tweeters and it requires VERY minimum amount of power.

Hell, even the Image dynamics cd1e piezo drivers (not real compression drivers) should do the trick with ~30w going into each tweeters. Then again, i'm a bit biased with horns as opposed to tweeters.

Old 11-01-2004, 02:58 PM

Default Re: (GSteg)

ATF i think my twetters always blow because they are crap, or because i dont have a seperate amp for them right now, or because my amp is too powerful

or because i asked about a tweeter condenser and ohm resistor on this site and got flamed and no help whatsoever pussies

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by GSteg &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">if you were using an external amp for the tweeters, then there lies part of the problem. When setting the gain on the amp for the tweeters, most people do not know when to stop cranking the gain.

how well does your midrange keep up with the 18w3?

if you have space under the dash, look into HLCD (horn loaded compression drivers). they are much more efficient than traditional tweeters and it requires VERY minimum amount of power.

Hell, even the Image dynamics cd1e piezo drivers (not real compression drivers) should do the trick with ~30w going into each tweeters. Then again, i'm a bit biased with horns as opposed to tweeters.

</TD></TR></TABLE>

the mids keep up with the w3 as long as the bass is turned down, once its up they drown, violently!