Audio / Security / Video Sound Systems, Alarms, Electronics

equalizer question

Search this Thread

Old 07-02-2006, 03:47 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default equalizer question

i have picked up quite a bit about car audio but for some reason have never done much research on a good equalizer. im running 100w rms to 2 alpine type r 6.5" components and 350w to a 12 in type r sub. my highs right now are kicking *** and pretty much drowning out my mids leading me to think they might blow soon (2nd set of tweeters...ive messed with crossovers too) so im thinking an equalizer will solve this problem...or so ive heard. any recommendations on a good brand or just what to look for in one for my application?
Old 07-02-2006, 04:21 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Location: 99 probs but a stolen car aint 1, ca, cerritos/fullerton
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Re: equalizer question (MilanoCivic97)

Have you tried turning the trebel down just a tad bit? also where do you have the passive cross-over set at for your componets speakers? And what about the cross-over at your amp?
Old 07-03-2006, 08:28 AM

Default Re: equalizer question (MilanoCivic97)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by MilanoCivic97 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">i have picked up quite a bit about car audio but for some reason have never done much research on a good equalizer. im running 100w rms to 2 alpine type r 6.5" components and 350w to a 12 in type r sub. my highs right now are kicking *** and pretty much drowning out my mids leading me to think they might blow soon (2nd set of tweeters...ive messed with crossovers too) so im thinking an equalizer will solve this problem...or so ive heard. any recommendations on a good brand or just what to look for in one for my application?</TD></TR></TABLE>

correct me if i'm wrong but you're saying you have a second set of tweeters on your components and the highs are too high? if thats the case why have a second set of tweeters and how exactly have you messed with the crossovers?
Old 07-03-2006, 10:37 AM

Default Re: equalizer question (EBP_SI)

i have a high pass filter set at 80hz on my headunit. the crossovers on the amp and headunit dont go high enough to set a low pass filter as high as i need. the treble is turned down a bit on the headunit...if i go any lower it sounds bad.

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by EBP_SI &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

correct me if i'm wrong but you're saying you have a second set of tweeters on your components and the highs are too high? if thats the case why have a second set of tweeters and how exactly have you messed with the crossovers?</TD></TR></TABLE>

when i say im on my second set of tweeters i mean that i blew my first ones and replaced them