Notices
Audio / Security / Video Sound Systems, Alarms, Electronics

EK headunit / second display install help needed

Search this Thread

Old 07-24-2005, 12:24 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default EK headunit / second display install help needed

Hey,

I'm new to whole world of car audio, but I set out to install some modest components over the past couple days. I put in a new pioneer headunit as well as an Omnifi DMP1 hard drive MP3 player. The DMP1 also comes with its own dedicated display that is supposed to be DIN sized (not sure)

My car is a 97 civic cx hatch, and I chose to mount the pioneer in the lower slot just above the cup holder as opposed to the normal radio location. I'd prefer to have the MP3 player display installed there.

Problem is, the Omnifi display is just a thin panel, nothing extends far back into the slot left by the radio. Also, it is too small for the space, and even if I could mount it, it would leave a great deal of space around it. Essentially, it’s about the same size as a typical head unit face-plate, significantly smaller then the radio itself.

I'm curious if anyone has any suggestions on how to mount this display relatively cleanly in this spot. Did Honda or the aftermarket ever make a plastic dummy cover that blocks the radio opening? That would be great, because then I could just mount the Omnifi display directly to that.

Thanks in advance.

Harris
Old 07-24-2005, 09:59 AM
fcm
Old Fart

Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts
Default Re: EK headunit / second display install help needed (pushlatency)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by pushlatency &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Hey,

I'm new to whole world of car audio, but I set out to install some modest components over the past couple days. I put in a new pioneer headunit as well as an Omnifi DMP1 hard drive MP3 player. The DMP1 also comes with its own dedicated display that is supposed to be DIN sized (not sure)

My car is a 97 civic cx hatch, and I chose to mount the pioneer in the lower slot just above the cup holder as opposed to the normal radio location. I'd prefer to have the MP3 player display installed there.

Problem is, the Omnifi display is just a thin panel, nothing extends far back into the slot left by the radio. Also, it is too small for the space, and even if I could mount it, it would leave a great deal of space around it. Essentially, it’s about the same size as a typical head unit face-plate, significantly smaller then the radio itself.

I'm curious if anyone has any suggestions on how to mount this display relatively cleanly in this spot. Did Honda or the aftermarket ever make a plastic dummy cover that blocks the radio opening? That would be great, because then I could just mount the Omnifi display directly to that.

Thanks in advance.

Harris
</TD></TR></TABLE>In north america the radio in the 97 Civic is a non deleat option, the cass or CD that goes down below was, but a pocket, [not a dummy plate goes there, maybe you can use it, I have installed turbo timers and EQs and other things there, the other thing you can do is make your own dummy plate out of ABS, or use a dummy plate out of an older Honda, check at your local car audio install shops, we alwas have one or two of them at our shop. 94