Notices
Audio / Security / Video Sound Systems, Alarms, Electronics

Dir.-tech

Search this Thread

Old 04-15-2006, 09:08 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Dir.-tech

Is it just my computer or is dir.-tech down? I tried to get 2002 chevy malibu wiring and it dont work. Is anyone else having this trouble? Also if you get access to it can you send me the diagram for 2002 chevy malibu? thanks and have a great easter!!!
Old 04-16-2006, 12:55 PM
fcm
Old Fart

Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts
Default Re: Dir.-tech (romoracing)

I can only get Direct techs at work, but here is Bulldogs... http://www.directwholesale.net...ID=54 94
Old 04-16-2006, 01:01 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Re: Dir.-tech (fcm)

You can get it from home if you have the password.

Make sure you're only using one "t". http://www.directechs.com/
Old 04-16-2006, 01:47 PM
fcm
Old Fart

Default Re: Dir.-tech (suspendedHatch)

Not mine, ours is tied into our corporate internet, and only allows us access through the stores computers, believe me I have tried, and it's always the same, it pops back with the message D/T does not recognize the URL your request is coming from.
No biggy, someone will find a way to hack into it, just like they did to get alarm wiring diagrams off the consumer site, http://www.dei.com, anyway bulldogsecurity.com has always given me the info I need anyway.
Old 04-17-2006, 07:57 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

thanks for your help but it was my browser. I guess dirtech dont like firefox.
Old 04-18-2006, 07:54 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by fcm &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote"> Not mine, ours is tied into our corporate internet, and only allows us access through the stores computers, believe me I have tried, and it's always the same, it pops back with the message D/T does not recognize the URL your request is coming from.</TD></TR></TABLE>
If you are just typing in the address at work like you would at home do a search on your computer for a file called HOSTS it allows you to remap an addrees to something else. Doubtful but worth a shot.
Old 04-19-2006, 07:46 AM
fcm
Old Fart

Default Re: Dir.-tech (nsxxtreme)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by nsxxtreme &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">
If you are just typing in the address at work like you would at home do a search on your computer for a file called HOSTS it allows you to remap an address to something else. Doubtful but worth a shot.</TD></TR></TABLE> Yes that is what we do, type it in just like at home, then type in a user name, [our store, diff. for each store] and a pass word, [same at all stores] but as I said it just tells me that it "knows" that I am not doing it from one of the stores computers so it will not let me in.
Because I am a no0b when it comes to computers I will let my niece, [the computer whizz in the family] try your idea the next time she is up here.
Thanks anyway, I will let you know if it works. 94
Old 04-19-2006, 06:11 PM
Honda-Tech Member

fcm, I work at CC, just like you (AFAIK), just in different countries. I know what you're talking about with some things like ccity.com, where you can ONLY access it from a work computer. But you must be talking about a different http://www.directechs.com or something, cuz I'm at my g/f's house right now, and I'm logged in using my work's password.

Oh and btw, that site just loves Firefox. Or it appears to, because I've never had a single problem with it and I use Firefox exclusively.
Old 04-19-2006, 10:46 PM
HT Order of Merit

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

http://www.designtech-intl.com is now owned by DEI as well, but offeres good wiring diagrams.

It pisses me off that DEI doesn't allow normal people to view their tech info.
Old 04-20-2006, 07:39 AM
fcm
Old Fart

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by suspendedHatch &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">fcm, I work at CC, just like you (AFAIK), just in different countries. I know what you're talking about with some things like ccity.com, where you can ONLY access it from a work computer. But you must be talking about a different http://www.directechs.com or something, cuz I'm at my g/f's house right now, and I'm logged in using my work's password.

Oh and btw, that site just loves Firefox. Or it appears to, because I've never had a single problem with it and I use Firefox exclusively.</TD></TR></TABLE> First I do not work at CC, and our directechs looks way diff. then the link you gave, I tried my password and it comes up you have entered the wrong password try again, now here's the goofy part I type in xxxxxxxx and I get in LOL, but it is, as I said, not the same as ours, on ours when we punch up a wiring diagram for a car when you select "product", say I pick alarm, it then asks what brand, I can select from the brands we carry, and when you hit enter the tag in sheet pops up but after item are the wire colors of the brand of alarm I picked.
This is also true for our stubtech we have a custom version of wiremagic.
This makes me think that the system we have and the way it works, [I can't access staubtech from a computer other then the stores either] is designed the way it is so it is only available to the stores.
One more thing, as I said the directechs you link, [that I now can get into] is not as complete as the one we have, [other then the color codes for the product you select]. EG: on a 94 teg ours has the door lock motor lock and unlock wire colors.

But thanks anyway, with the link and your persistence that our password should work from any computer, [it did not] it has allowed me to stumble upon someone else's. 94
Old 04-20-2006, 08:06 AM
Honda-Tech Member

My mistake. For some reason I thought you worked for CC in Canada.

Most cars it has the lock motor colors, especially the five wire cars, but I will admit it's not the best and I usually compare it with our roadshop website which I can only access from work. What you described sounds similar to our roadshop website but it's probably not the exact same site.
Old 04-20-2006, 08:21 AM
fcm
Old Fart

Just realised I don't need a password for car wiring diagrams designtech, [they are the same as directechs]
You do need a password at directech for anything, all I can find are owners guides at designtech no install guides and no place to enter a password, its more like http://www.dei.com, where install info for car security/starters is not available to the consumer. 94