Audio / Security / Video Sound Systems, Alarms, Electronics

Convert to power locks

Search this Thread

Old 06-12-2006, 05:04 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Convert to power locks

I've read on this before and when I search I get 0 results, I don't know if it is because I am at work and things are restricted or not but anyway I want to hook up powerlocks in my 00 LS so I can use keyless entry, Could someone point me to a link where there is more info or let me know what I need besides the actuators themselves and the best spot to get a set. Any tips on the mounting of the actuators too
any help appreciated
thanx
Old 06-12-2006, 08:25 AM
fcm
Old Fart

Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts
Default Re: Convert to power locks (MeekalLS)

Do you have an alarm now, if so, make and model?
If you do not have an aftermarket alarm you will need one or at least a key-less entry module.
Door lock actuators and SPDT relays, [that you will need if they are not built in to an alarm] can be found at any car audio shop or here... http://www.installer.com/cars/honda.html

As for mounting the actuators, it's not that hard if you keep a few things in mind.

1- Mount them solidly, and make sure you don't twist/bend the housing.

2- Obviously mount in location so nothing will interfere with the actuator or it's linkage rod or rod clamp.

3. Make sure actuator is as parallel to the lock linkage you are connecting to.

4- Keep connecting rod as short and straight as possible, however if you need the whole connecting rod use it.

5- Once actuator and linkage is connected test the manual door lock switch, it should not feel a lot diff., if it is hard to use, [binding, stiff or will not go all the way in one direction or the other] the actuator/linkage is misaligned or maladjusted. 94

Old 06-12-2006, 09:26 AM

Default Re: Convert to power locks (fcm)

Thanks for the help
I believe the model of alarm given to me was the hornet 564t. I don't know how good of an alarm it is but its brand new in box and it was free so im not complaining lol. i believe it has built in relays
Old 06-12-2006, 11:02 AM
fcm
Old Fart

Default Re: Convert to power locks (MeekalLS)

The alarm is OK, it is a DEI alarm/remote start combo unit, but the door lock relays are not built in, the unit has 200mA pos./neg. door lock outputs, you will need a pr. of relays, wire like this...
http://www.the12volt.com/doorlocks/page3.asp#arp

Is your teg a 5 speed or an auto? 94
Old 06-12-2006, 11:27 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Convert to power locks (fcm)

Hopefully this pic gives you a good idea, sorry but it's the best one I have

Old 06-12-2006, 05:42 PM

Teg is a 5 speed and I dont even want the remote start anyway. Its not winter driven and I couldnt care less to have it in the summer lol
Old 06-12-2006, 05:47 PM

Crap I thought the relays were in that until I read the box booourns! So whta kind of relay should I get and where from? I have absolutely no idea about this whole relay deal. And what about the actuators anyone know of a good spot to get these fairly quickly. I dont really have any stores in my area that sell these sort of things
Old 06-12-2006, 06:48 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (MeekalLS)

No best buys? The dei part number for the actuators are 524T. Should run you between $15-$25 for a set
Old 06-13-2006, 02:16 AM

Nope no best buys around. Can I get the actuators from a website cheaper than the directed.com ones Im assuming this would be a proper actuator http://www.directedstore.com/c...DA_SE or would this be the one im looking for http://www.directedstore.com/c...DA_SEand would this be something like the relay im looking for http://www.directedstore.com/c...DA_SEand anyone know about the relays I have no idea how to wire those in or what type/size I would need or where I could buy them say a bit cheaper if possible because Id still need to get all that shipped to canada, im a dummy haha

ok So I think I've found a door lock motor/actuator thingy
http://cgi.ebay.ca/NEW-AEW-Hea...wItem
that good??
Any idea about the relay now and how to wire that sucker

Modified by MeekalLS at 3:42 AM 6/13/2006
Old 06-13-2006, 08:16 AM

hello is this thing on? haha
Old 06-13-2006, 09:59 AM
fcm
Old Fart

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by MeekalLS &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">hello is this thing on? haha </TD></TR></TABLE>It is now, go with the actuator in the second link, [it comes with all the hardware you need].

And yes the DEI door lock relay pack will work, [there are 2 relays in the pack].

You can get SPDT automotive relays at any car audio shop or car parts store.

In Canada you say! Where in Canada? 94
Old 06-14-2006, 02:59 AM

Default Re: (fcm)

Over in the corner haha in Newfoundland
Old 06-14-2006, 08:27 AM
fcm
Old Fart

OK, I found it, even got a look west from Pynn's Brook from a highway cam.
Yea you are a ways from anyplace, St.John's being on the other side of the island.
Do you have a Princess Auto. Canadian Tire, Lordco or UAP/Napa in town or close? 94
Old 06-14-2006, 09:17 AM

bwahaha this place is about this big |---| haha We've got a Canadian Tire and a Napa yep, What should I ask for seeing how the staff at Canadian Tire have a hard time telling rims from tires and rotors from blank cds
Old 06-14-2006, 11:36 AM
fcm
Old Fart

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by MeekalLS &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">bwahaha this place is about this big |---| haha We've got a Canadian Tire and a Napa yep, What should I ask for seeing how the staff at Canadian Tire have a hard time telling rims from tires and rotors from blank cds</TD></TR></TABLE>Ask for door lock actuators or door lock motors and SPDT automotive relays, the other thing you may want to ask for is a door lock kit, [central door locks] for a 2 door, [4 doors available] these kits will come with at least one 5 wire and one 2 wire door lock actuators, if not two 5 wire actuators and a control box, [containing 2 relays and other circuitry] all the wiring and mounting hardware, no door lock switches will have to be installed as the switch is in the actuator(s), [5 wire actuator] turning the "manual" door lock button/lever into a power door lock button and giving you central locking, [using key or lock lever on either door to lock or unlock both doors] and the control box will have inputs for an alarms door lock outputs to give you key-less entry.

AUIDOVOX makes a pretty good one, relatively cheap, contact AUDIOVOX ... http://www.audiovox.com/webapp...x.jsp
to find a dealer closest to you, [may even be Can. Tire or Napa]. 94