Audio / Security / Video Sound Systems, Alarms, Electronics

components in rear?

Search this Thread

Old 11-15-2004, 04:34 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: (Odessa)

hockey and horns, do we really need to bring up these two topics too?
Old 11-15-2004, 06:48 AM

Default Re: (snoochtodanooch)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by snoochtodanooch &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">hockey and horns, do we really need to bring up these two topics too? </TD></TR></TABLE>

Of course we do. I was wondering how many watts those horns are that they use at NHL arenas? And what is their sound setup? How many speakers?
Old 11-15-2004, 08:30 AM
fcm
Old Fart

Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts

Aha the rear speaker, no rear speaker debate rages on, what some people, [and you know who you are] seem to forget is, most of us, [95% who have never heard a "good" setup] just want something that sounds "good" to us, and just because some of you are so fucken **** about not having rear speakers does not mean that we that do have rear speakers, can't possable like the sound we we have in our cars because we just don't understand what "good" sound is, and that somehow we realy need help to understand what we want. Bullshit, someone said " beauty is in the eye of the beholder" how about, SQ is in the ear of the listener, and so what if the "image" or "stage" is not the best ,or for that matter it's shitty left/right biased, if I like the way it sounds, who are you to tell me that I am wrong and I don't know what I like. And one more thing I bet there are more of us then there are of you, ["95%"]. 94
Old 11-15-2004, 11:48 AM

correction, SQ is objective, sounding good is subjective.

The term Sound quality is being used too loosely.
Old 11-15-2004, 01:42 PM

Default Re: (fcm)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">And one more thing I bet there are more of us then there are of you, ["95%"]. 94</TD></TR></TABLE>

yeah, but that doesnt mean you're right.

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by fcm &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Aha the rear speaker, no rear speaker debate rages on, what some people, [and you know who you are] seem to forget is, most of us, [95% who have never heard a "good" setup] just want something that sounds "good" to us, and just because some of you are so fucken **** about not having rear speakers does not mean that we that do have rear speakers, can't possable like the sound we we have in our cars because we just don't understand what "good" sound is, and that somehow we realy need help to understand what we want. Bullshit, someone said " beauty is in the eye of the beholder" how about, SQ is in the ear of the listener, and so what if the "image" or "stage" is not the best ,or for that matter it's shitty left/right biased, if I like the way it sounds, who are you to tell me that I am wrong and I don't know what I like. </TD></TR></TABLE>

you're misunderstanding what i'm saying. i'm not saying he doesnt like what he has, i'm saying waht he likes isnt necessarily good sounding SQ wise.

lol... and i can see most of this is directed at me so heres why i had this arguement. about 5 years or so ago i was a big fan of the whole cerwin vega thing and jsut wanted a huge SPL setup in my car. really knew nothing about imaging, staging and audio in general. all that mattered was bass, then one day i went with my dad to a high end stereo shop and listened to a pair of B&W 801's with levinson monoblock amps and it blew me away that there was so much more to the music that i wasnt experiencing. there was a voice coming from between the speakers but there wasnt any speaker there. it actually sounded like there was a band there, all the instruments were accurately placed. The bass wasn't over powering but could still kick you in the chest with the right recording. since then i've spend thousands on both my home and car stereo and i'll be honest, i've come to love music a lot more. I'm just trying to make odessa see that there is more to music that just being loud and that what he thinks is imaging, really isnt. maybe if he listens to a system that images he'll discover a new passion for music.

besides, like it or not, rear speakers will hurt your imaging and are therefor to me at least, they are pointless. especially since when building a system you have 2 routes you can take,

1. you can build a car thats loud and clear but images like ****. chances are you're just gonna spend a lot of money on some components for the front and a coax set for the rears and maybe a sub or 2. will it be loud? yes will it be clear? yes. will it impress impress people? sure, but only the people are impressed by shiney stuff.

2. you can pick your components wisely, set them up properly, and have a system that will image properly and still plays loud and clear. will it be loud? yes will it be clear? yes. will it impress impress people? yes, and it may even start a new passion for music. thats what happened to me.
Old 11-15-2004, 01:56 PM

Default Re: (EBP_SI)

Not too long ago I read on a different car audio forum about a guy, who signed up for an SPL contest trying to win some honours...well, when he made it there, he was surprised it wasn't an SPL contest as he originally thought, but an SQ contest instead, LOL!! Well, what do you think happened? Should I continue on and tell you that he won 2nd or 3rd place??
Old 11-15-2004, 02:04 PM

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Odessa &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Not too long ago I read on a different car audio forum about a guy, who signed up for an SPL contest trying to win some honours...well, when he made it there, he was surprised it wasn't an SPL contest as he originally thought, but an SQ contest instead, LOL!! Well, what do you think happened? Should I continue on and tell you that he won 2nd or 3rd place?? </TD></TR></TABLE>

was it an IASCA event? any more details on his setup? what class was he in?
Old 11-15-2004, 03:10 PM
New User

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Odessa &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Not too long ago I read on a different car audio forum about a guy, who signed up for an SPL contest trying to win some honours...well, when he made it there, he was surprised it wasn't an SPL contest as he originally thought, but an SQ contest instead, LOL!! Well, what do you think happened? Should I continue on and tell you that he won 2nd or 3rd place?? </TD></TR></TABLE>

how about we start talking about how Jason Ewing won an IASCA competition with a factory monsoon setup and some Tru amps in his GTI......unless it's finals or a large event, it really doesn't matter......
Old 11-15-2004, 04:47 PM

Default Re: (rcurley55)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by rcurley55 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">how about we start talking about how Jason Ewing won an IASCA competition with a factory monsoon setup and some Tru amps in his GTI......unless it's finals or a large event, it really doesn't matter......</TD></TR></TABLE>

he would have been a great martketing ploy for monsoon. I could see everyone going out buying stock monsoon speakers. buahahha.
Old 11-15-2004, 07:19 PM
New User

Default Re: (GSteg)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by GSteg &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">he would have been a great martketing ploy for monsoon. I could see everyone going out buying stock monsoon speakers. buahahha.</TD></TR></TABLE>

or tru amps.....
Old 11-15-2004, 07:58 PM

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by EBP_SI &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">was it an IASCA event? any more details on his setup? what class was he in? </TD></TR></TABLE>

I have no idea, but does it really matter? Or you're assuming if it wasn't IASCA or was a crappy class, then anyone with a stock system and an aftermarket hu can win the competition? I'm sure a few of those golden "5%" members showed up at the event as well.
Old 11-15-2004, 08:10 PM
HT White Ops

Received 25 Likes on 23 Posts

There are a couple SQ competitions in my area, but do you really think any big guns are going to show up to Rochester or Winona Minnesota(man do I wish the answer was yes)?

SQ competitions are everywhere. I have seen some terrible systems walk away with 5 foot tall trophies. It REALLY depends on how many people enter and who shows up.
Old 11-15-2004, 08:23 PM

Default Re: (rochesterricer)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by rochesterricer &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">There are a couple SQ competitions in my area, but do you really think any big guns are going to show up to Rochester or Winona Minnesota(man do I wish the answer was yes)?

SQ competitions are everywhere. I have seen some terrible systems walk away with 5 foot tall trophies. It REALLY depends on how many people enter and who shows up.</TD></TR></TABLE>

But do you think from all the competitors no one had a front-only setup to blow all 4 speakerers away?
Old 11-15-2004, 08:28 PM
HT White Ops

Received 25 Likes on 23 Posts

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Odessa &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">But do you think from all the competitors no one had a front-only setup to blow all 4 speakerers away? </TD></TR></TABLE>

I wouldn't be surprised if there were less than 3 other people competing in his class, depending on where this was.

Keep in mind that nobody is saying that a front-only setup automatically offers better SQ than front+rears. We are only saying that a properly set up front only offers better SQ than a good front+rear.
Old 11-15-2004, 08:37 PM

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Odessa &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote"> Or you're assuming if it wasn't IASCA or was a crappy class, then anyone with a stock system and an aftermarket hu can win the competition?.</TD></TR></TABLE>

jason ewing did it with a Pioneer P9 headunit (with processors) and TRU tech amps. Just ran stock speakers.

The processors on the P9 system is Very flexible.

Tuning is the key.

Old 11-16-2004, 03:52 AM

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Odessa &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

I have no idea, but does it really matter? Or you're assuming if it wasn't IASCA or was a crappy class, then anyone with a stock system and an aftermarket hu can win the competition? I'm sure a few of those golden "5%" members showed up at the event as well.</TD></TR></TABLE>

well an IASCA event has a lot more credibility than say....a future shop SQ comp.
Old 11-21-2004, 06:32 AM

master P makes TRU amps?
Old 11-21-2004, 06:33 AM

Default Re: (bassisliffe)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by bassisliffe &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">master P makes Bazooka amps? </TD></TR></TABLE>

Fixed
Old 11-21-2004, 06:50 AM

Default Re: (GSteg)

lol..thats quite a difference in amps and its a shame this thread stopped...it was fun.
Old 11-21-2004, 07:13 AM

ive become fascinated with front stage only set ups

im thinking of using a 6 channel planet audio amplifier to power 3 crossfire compenent sets on my front door, it will be a tight squeeze with the 3 6.5s as close to each other as possible the window winder removed and im thinking they can share the same airspace as they are the same model i will fiddle around with the 6 tweeters placements until i get the best stage im thinking of 2 beside the 3 woofers and one on the window pillar facing the windscreen

it will be costly, will be hell to wire and i want it as not 'shocking' as possible might fire glass an enclosure and use oem speaker grills or even cover them in speaker cloth, it will all be worth ot though when im driving in my air conditioning and stop the car open the door and feel all heads turn withing a one mile radius

thankyou to the guys who persuaded me to use front speakers only
Old 11-21-2004, 07:30 AM

instead of doing 3 component sets i'd do one of the following. i think thats far too much work for the minimal payoff.

3 way with subs up front or do a setup with horns.
Old 11-21-2004, 07:48 AM

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by EBP_SI &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

3 way with subs up front or do a setup with horns. </TD></TR></TABLE>

i agree...

now go buy my horns
Old 11-21-2004, 11:53 AM

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by EBP_SI &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">instead of doing 3 component sets i'd do one of the following. i think thats far too much work for the minimal payoff.

3 way with subs up front or do a setup with horns. </TD></TR></TABLE>

i can't fit subs up front nor would i want to and i hate horns and would never use them, yuk

anyway since i love my one componet set im 100% sure id love this set up

maybe ill just start off with 2 sets
Old 11-21-2004, 12:33 PM

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by bassisliffe &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

i can't fit subs up front nor would i want to and i hate horns and would never use them, yuk

anyway since i love my one componet set im 100% sure id love this set up

maybe ill just start off with 2 sets</TD></TR></TABLE>

why would you not want to have subs up front? thats the most ideal setup. and why do you hate horns?
Old 11-21-2004, 04:11 PM

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by EBP_SI &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

why would you not want to have subs up front? thats the most ideal setup. and why do you hate horns? </TD></TR></TABLE>

i would do horns in a heartbeat but they are somtimes difficult to work in on certain applications.

Quick Reply: components in rear?