Notices
Audio / Security / Video Sound Systems, Alarms, Electronics

car won't start after alarm removal and swapping ignition

Search this Thread

Old 09-14-2015, 01:00 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default car won't start after alarm removal and swapping ignition

I started a thread in the integra section but thought since I removed my alarm and this is the security section I could get some help.

So long story short my integra was stolen and i was lucky enough to get it back in one piece a week later except that they stole my scissor jack and wheel locks and broke the ignition. So after driving it around for a little bit with a ghetto ignition i swapped in a used one with a key. My car had a old *** alarm that I (A) tried to bypass with no luck then (B) rewire it as it was and finally (C) removed every piece of the alarm. When i tried to rewire it the car would not crank and when i did the bypass and removed everything the car would crank but not start. I checked all fuses and relays and all is well.
Here is where it gets weird. When i turn the key to the acc. "I" on the ignition the main relay kicks on and i can roll down my windows which should not work until the ignition is in the on "II" position. I was able to start the car with starter fluid and it would keep running like normal but the engine would not turn off until i turned the key all the way to the off position. I researched all over the interweb but could not find anyone with the same situation.*
Also now the stock tape player doesnt even turn on no matter the key position and the fuses are fine. I need to figure this out asap as this is my daily. I thank everyone in advanced for taking the time to read through this
Old 09-19-2015, 06:23 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: car won't start after alarm removal and swapping ignition

I got it figured out. If anyone wants to use obd2 ignition switch in their obd1 car you need to repin the plug that has 3 wires going to it. Lesson learned.