Audio / Security / Video Sound Systems, Alarms, Electronics

car lock question

Search this Thread

Old 06-27-2011, 12:01 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default car lock question

Hey everyone,

A while back my ek got stolen. luckily we found it and replaced all the stuff that they took/broken except for the door lock because I have keyless entry so didn't really bother on repairing it. Heard from a friend that said if the door lock has been broken into already then thieves can't break into your car again with a messed up lock. I was just wondering if that's true or not. If its true and if it makes it harder for thieves to get in then i'm going to leave it on but if its not and it makes it easier for thieves to get in them im going to change it.

I also have another question. I heard that you can open any honda/integra door with any kind of honda/integra keys. is that true? If it is then how do we prevent this. is there any kind of lock that we can swap with our honda locks?
Old 06-27-2011, 12:12 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: car lock question

Originally Posted by HCivicEK
Hey everyone,

I also have another question. I heard that you can open any honda/integra door with any kind of honda/integra keys. is that true? If it is then how do we prevent this. is there any kind of lock that we can swap with our honda locks?
No you cannot go up to any old honda and put another key into it and have the door unlock. What has happened is our older hondas' have locks on them that have been worn out over the years allowing similar keys to occasionally work. This isn't true for all of the older Hondas, just some.

also does your key even work after the thieves broke in? Because if it doesn't and the battery dies your not going to be able to unlock it remotely and will be unable to enter your car at all from the drivers side (assuming you have a passenger keyhole).
Old 06-27-2011, 12:17 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: car lock question

Thanks for the quick reply Katastrophic.

no the driver side lock is all messed up. can't open it with any kinda of key because the metal ring will just turn around in circles. the passenger door still in top notch shape because they didn't mess with it at all. thanks for the good info about the batt. i wasn't even thinkin of that...lol but i think i'll be okay if the batt died because i still have the passenger door and if that fails i still have the back trunk..lol alot more work to get in but it'll still work...haha