Notices
Audio / Security / Video Sound Systems, Alarms, Electronics

can't increase sensitivity on JL amp

Search this Thread

Old 07-14-2005, 10:56 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default can't increase sensitivity on JL amp

I have 2 12" JL audio W3s in a sealed box powered by a JL audio 500/1 mono amplifier. I also have a Rockford Fosgate punch capacitor hooked up along with a hi lo converter because I'm still using the stock head unit. Whenever I try to increase the sensitivity of the amplifier, the subwoofers would start rattling when I turn off the headunit. So right now, I'm not getting that much bass because I can't increase the sensitivity on the amplifier. Before the JL amp I was running a RF punch 500 and I didn't have a problem with the subwoofers rattling when I turned off the headunit. Would getting a pioneer deck solve the problem or should I get everything rewired or what? Thanks

*I had everything professionally installed at Pacific Stereo, a local stereo shop that is somewhat reputable.
Old 07-15-2005, 07:59 AM
fcm
Old Fart

Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts
Default Re: can't increase sensitivity on JL amp (HypnoticR)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by HypnoticR &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">I have 2 12" JL audio W3s in a sealed box powered by a JL audio 500/1 mono amplifier. I also have a Rockford Fosgate punch capacitor hooked up along with a hi lo converter because I'm still using the stock head unit. Whenever I try to increase the sensitivity of the amplifier, the subwoofers would start rattling when I turn off the headunit. So right now, I'm not getting that much bass because I can't increase the sensitivity on the amplifier. Before the JL amp I was running a RF punch 500 and I didn't have a problem with the subwoofers rattling when I turned off the headunit. Would getting a pioneer deck solve the problem or should I get everything rewired or what? Thanks

*I had everything professionally installed at Pacific Stereo, a local stereo shop that is somewhat reputable. </TD></TR></TABLE>Using an aftermarket HU with pre amp outputs will make a huge diff. in SQ, right now you may be over saturating the input stage of the JL amp, did you know that the 500/1 has a speaker level input? that is what the input voltage switch is for, [above the RCA inputs] http://www.jlaudio.com/amps/pdfs/500_1.pdf you don't need the "hi lo converter" 94
Old 07-15-2005, 03:27 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: can't increase sensitivity on JL amp (fcm)

thanks. I had the hi lo converter installed when I first got my Rockford Fosgate punch 500 amp.