Audio / Security / Video Sound Systems, Alarms, Electronics

Best Ravelco Security Thread EVAR!

Search this Thread

Old 09-14-2007, 04:45 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Location: 99 probs but a stolen car aint 1, ca, cerritos/fullerton
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Re: (jesseman)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by jesseman &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

Wow, whoever wrote all that really has no life. If they really want it, they'll get it. Tow trucks grumble grumble..

Sorry. I had to throw my typical Honda-Tech reply in there.</TD></TR></TABLE>

i seen and heard this before, lol. Its funny that there is a cult following this. I feel so sorry for them. Nope just a lil.
Old 09-18-2007, 09:17 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (wrx-killer-Sti-eater)

Here you go, a car that was stolen with that stupied azz unit thats not a alarm. Would a properly installed alarm stop this car from being stolen, I bet my career on it that it would of not been stolen. Even thou he left the key to the relveco unit. it had no alarm. over 8k in a motor and no alarm. This is what i am talking about

https://honda-tech.com/zero...age=1

lesson learned the hard way.
Old 09-18-2007, 10:23 AM
i my honda
Global Mod

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by wrx-killer-Sti-eater &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">lesson learned the hard way.
</TD></TR></TABLE>

Fixed for you
Old 09-18-2007, 11:10 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

That's just stupid, why get a ravelco if you're just going to leave the key inside.

This is a bad example.

His car was a sitting duck, I'm pretty sure most people willing to spend the money on a Ravelco already have at least a basic alarm.
Old 09-18-2007, 11:35 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (PrimeElement)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by PrimeElement &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">His car was a sitting duck, I'm pretty sure most people willing to spend the money on a Ravelco already have at least a basic alarm.</TD></TR></TABLE>

I doubt it, since the manufacturer makes their "system" the end-all be-all anti-theft device...
Old 09-18-2007, 11:55 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (B18C_EJ8)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by B18C_EJ8 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

I doubt it, since the manufacturer makes their "system" the end-all be-all anti-theft device...</TD></TR></TABLE>Well I'm hoping most people know this bs.

I by no means think this system is unbeatable but I do think the concept is very effective towards most theives who try to use brute force instead of being technical.

Anyways, anyone who owns a "steal me" blue EM1 in of all places Cali and has only one layer of security is just foolish.
Old 09-18-2007, 12:15 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (PrimeElement)

nope good example, that unit is not a alarm. So if he took the key anyway they would of been in the car bypassing the dam thing with out anybody knowing it. And took the car anyways.

With a well installed alarm the car would of never shut up from the siren. They would of paniced from popping the hood and pulling the car battery and the siren is still going off, they could not located the siren to cut. they could not find the alarm brain or any wires to cut to make the car quiet. The car is now burnt and they will look for something else that not the trouble.
Old 12-19-2007, 12:26 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I stand by the revelco in my mind as the best thing to buy to prevent your car from being stolen.

Do i own one myself? Nope

Will i ever get one? Maybe but not anytime soon

Its just called being safe! I dont want to sound weird but i use 2 different types of pedal locks on my car
Old 12-19-2007, 07:46 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (Chrisfball12)

Jesus... Why is it that every 2 or 3 months, some noob has to bring this thread back with their oh-so-insightful words of wisdom? I'm no better by replying, but I just had to...

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Chrisfball12 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">I dont want to sound weird but i use 2 different types of pedal locks on my car</TD></TR></TABLE>

Well that's definitely weird because those types of locks are VERY easily defeated.
Old 12-19-2007, 12:33 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (B18C_EJ8)

He stands by them but does not even have one, lol. Man please do some research
Old 12-20-2007, 02:44 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Was perusing their website and found this -

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Ravelco &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">The installation of a RAVELCO requires approximately 1 hour for a trained technician using a drill and hand tools only. Although most installations can be completed in less time.

</TD></TR></TABLE>

This made me laugh. Anything that can be installed in that little time will not be effective.

I don't think I've ever commented on this thread, but now I will. If ravelco can be installed in that little time, that means no dash removal, no wires ran to the engine bay (which by the way would be easily bypassed) like their website mentions, and nothing all that stealth about the system.

Suspendedhatch's and fcm's statements (and picture) about the system is the most accurate. As a layer, sure, whatever helps, but I bet most - if not all - of the installers in here could bypass that thing in 5 minutes or less. Oh, and here's the best part! Without it actually being an alarm, there's no pressure to get it done quickly. If you were a thief you could sit there for 30mins without ever being bothered since there's no siren going off and no lights flashing. Obviously this is assuming there is no alarm, but, as presented on their website, alarms are USELESS and FAIL ALL THE TIME. lol

Their website is propaganda at it's worst.
Old 01-09-2009, 10:09 PM

Default Re: Best Ravelco Security Thread EVAR!

PEOPLE PEOPLE .... IF U DONT HAVE RAVELCO THEN DONT COMMENT.... like i said in the other thread i had it on 3 of my cars (2 tegs and my current eg) there was an attempt on the eg and it failed so im verry happy and the ravelco took close to 3 hours to complete (with 2 people at that)! and its not something that can easilly be undone, and every install is done a little bit different

bump for ravelco!!
Old 01-10-2009, 12:41 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by NYabstrak78
PEOPLE PEOPLE .... IF U DONT HAVE RAVELCO THEN DONT COMMENT.... like i said in the other thread i had it on 3 of my cars (2 tegs and my current eg) there was an attempt on the eg and it failed so im verry happy and the ravelco took close to 3 hours to complete (with 2 people at that)! and its not something that can easilly be undone, and every install is done a little bit different

bump for ravelco!!
aww dude u fail for bringing this back up...
from asking around and reading...
the same results can be achieved by having kill switche(s) for much less...
and with 2-3 piezo and a stealth install...would be thieves would most likely stop the minute they pop the hood and realize that its not gonna stop even if the battery is yanked..
and **** dude with the money saved... throw in a club and a autolock...
Old 01-10-2009, 04:13 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Why do people invest thousands of dollars in a car and then try to cheap out on security?

Find a QUALITY installer, tell him what you are wanting, and pay them well.
Old 01-10-2009, 05:36 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (Chrisfball12)

Originally Posted by B18C_EJ8
Jesus... Why is it that every 2 or 3 months, some noob has to bring this thread back with their oh-so-insightful words of wisdom?
Old 01-10-2009, 12:39 PM
fcm
Old Fart

Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts

Ravelco, spelled POS.

Unbeatable, Tell it to the owner of the F350 King Ranch that had his truck towed to our shop last month to remove the bypassed Ravelco.
Truck was recovered by the RCMP mines leather seats and $10,000 in construction tools and truck tool box.

Bypass was done at the plug, all wires where cut and then pairs twisted together until the right combo was achieved. looks like the "undestructable" metal wire sheathing was cut away with a set of aircraft snips, to expose enough wire to make twisting pairs together easier.
The turd icing on the cake, all connections were crimp butt connections, not a single soldered one.

For anyone thinking about one of these because one of the above "company" spokespersons sounds convincing, take a deep breath and turn away.

If you want it as an added layer to an alarm, go nuts, if installed properly and plug is hidden then it is very effective, by itself it is no better then a kill switch at 200 times the price.

One more thing, the authorized dealer/installer for Ravelco here is out of business and has disappeared, [walked away from shop lease], wonder why? 94
Old 01-11-2009, 02:11 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by NYabstrak78

bump for ravelco!!
Stop bumping old threads. If you have no new tech on it leave it alone. You are dealing with experience installers and professional in here. You have displayed that you have no ideal on what you are talking about. If you want to drive up your post count do it somewere else and not in here.
Old 01-11-2009, 12:24 PM

Originally Posted by wrx-killer-Sti-eater
Stop bumping old threads. If you have no new tech on it leave it alone. You are dealing with experience installers and professional in here. You have displayed that you have no ideal on what you are talking about. If you want to drive up your post count do it somewere else and not in here.

i can careless about my post count, i only stated my personal experiance with ravelco and not an opinion , but since im not a ''PROFESSIONAL"" on ravelco ill leave the thread to die out
Old 01-11-2009, 02:10 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Well i was actually somewhat sold on ravelco since a friend wouldnt stop talking about how good it is. After reading thru all these pages I'll definitely go with a stealth installed alarm by myself. You guys have really given more than enough detailed info as to install the alarm & kill switches on your own. If i run into some problems i know who to ask for help thats for sure.
Old 01-12-2009, 09:46 AM
Honda-Tech Member

I'm posting this from my iphone and I'm too lazy to quote but someone said installation of ravelco takes one hour or less. That's probably true for a shifty installer but I lucked out. My guy took over 5 hours to install my unit, for I was peeking out my window from time to time to see he wasn't bullshittin around. If ur getting it installed ask for a stealth install and if he's experienced enough he'll know what to do.

Like I said earlier, ravelco wouldnt be a bad choice if you don't know how to stealth install and it's convenient bc they drive to your house and install it there, but you are a fool if you only use that only for your security. I learned the hard way, having to replace my cluster, bezel, all the broken pillar garnish. If installed right it is a great layer to security but like I said, you need a lot of layers. If I knew how to do/had time to stealth install I wouldve done it instead, but I am satisfied with my ravelco and especially the guy who installed it. If you live in nj or around, ask for chuck whigham. He did mine and you won't be disappointed
Old 01-12-2009, 10:20 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Lock? Plz?
Old 01-20-2009, 04:32 PM

Originally Posted by tekniq
I'm posting this from my iphone and I'm too lazy to quote but someone said installation of ravelco takes one hour or less. That's probably true for a shifty installer but I lucked out. My guy took over 5 hours to install my unit, for I was peeking out my window from time to time to see he wasn't bullshittin around. If ur getting it installed ask for a stealth install and if he's experienced enough he'll know what to do.

Like I said earlier, ravelco wouldnt be a bad choice if you don't know how to stealth install and it's convenient bc they drive to your house and install it there, but you are a fool if you only use that only for your security. I learned the hard way, having to replace my cluster, bezel, all the broken pillar garnish. If installed right it is a great layer to security but like I said, you need a lot of layers. If I knew how to do/had time to stealth install I wouldve done it instead, but I am satisfied with my ravelco and especially the guy who installed it. If you live in nj or around, ask for chuck whigham. He did mine and you won't be disappointed
yea chuck did my last 3 installs, hes a good guy
Old 01-20-2009, 04:50 PM
Honda-Tech Member

:facepalm.jpg:
Old 01-27-2009, 08:44 AM
Honda-Tech Member

hi. i have ravelco and my car got stolen this morning...no it did not get towed and no i did not leave my plug in. (-1) for ravelco.
Old 01-27-2009, 10:30 AM
Honda-Tech Member

hi. i have ravelco and my car got stolen this morning...no it did not get towed and no i did not leave my plug in. (-1) for ravelco.

Happy now! Ravelco is the shyt. I mean 5 hours of wasted time to install it and 30 sec for a theif to bypass it. And you payed $400 for it. Dam.

You have started over 4 threads on what goes on in a theives mind, what to do for security and now this!

Last edited by wrx-killer-Sti-eater; 01-27-2009 at 10:36 AM.

Quick Reply: Best Ravelco Security Thread EVAR!