Notices
Audio / Security / Video Sound Systems, Alarms, Electronics

Attn: Alarm experts, Remote Engine starter problem when cold outside.

Search this Thread

Old 10-26-2002, 01:05 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Attn: Alarm experts, Remote Engine starter problem when cold outside.

I asking for a friend but his remote engine starter doesn't start when it's cold outside, like in the morning after the car been outside overnight. This is regular 50 degree nights, not snowing or anything outside. The alarm is a DEI Python 1500esp (the one with remote engine start). However, the remote engine starter works fine when the weather's warm outside or when the engine is warm.

The car is a 00 Integra automatic LS.
Old 10-26-2002, 01:45 PM
ME
Trial User

Default Re: Attn: Alarm experts, Remote Engine starter problem when cold outside. (mickey513)

Take it back to the shop that installed it.
Old 10-26-2002, 05:38 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Attn: Alarm experts, Remote Engine starter problem when cold outside. (ME)

too many problems doing your own remote start diagnostics, does it try to turn over and fail?

-Rage
Old 10-26-2002, 06:10 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Attn: Alarm experts, Remote Engine starter problem when cold outside. (o_Rage_o)

does it try to turn over and fail?
ditto... cars usually take longer (more cranks) to start when it gets cold out, if it is trying to crank but not cranking for long enough, it just needs the timing adjusted up higher.
Old 10-26-2002, 10:31 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Attn: Alarm experts, Remote Engine starter problem when cold outside. (incubus)

or another possibility is the shop used a imobilizer interface that is of low quality and the reading is off....happened to mother in law..bought car..salesperson pitched keyless entry/remote start options...she stated that son in law could do it ( i worked @ circuit during this time and would have flown there to do it)..so no need to pitch it....he gave it to her for free....still ended up doing her car..after I told her how to reset her car computer ('00 malibu) one cold morming after it tripped the passlock system..worked fine during warm weather but tripped out during cold ones..when you really need it to work.

[Modified by audioroach, 1:32 AM 10/27/2002]
Old 10-28-2002, 05:18 PM

Default Re: Attn: Alarm experts, Remote Engine starter problem when cold outside. (mickey513)

could be the immobilizer bypass. what kind of car is it? it also could be the tach wire on the remote start not getting a good signal. take it back to wher it was installed tey should be able to fix it. if its a decent shop
Old 10-29-2002, 08:20 AM
New User

Default Re: Attn: Alarm experts, Remote Engine starter problem when cold outside. (JeepNGSR)

00 Integra didn't have an immobilizer. I would say the tach reference needs to be reprogrammed or they installed it in tachless mode which uses a timer circuit to crank the starter. When it's colder and the car needs an extra turn or two the remote start system still cranks based on a timer and not the voltage. There could also be a problem with the tach reference location. you can get it at the distributor, knock sensor, fuel injector, ECU. I often use injectors, they always seem reliable. Every injector has 2 wires, ignition voltage and input. Every injuector will have one wire the same color, that's ignition. The other wire will be a different color on each injector and any one can be used.