Audio / Security / Video Sound Systems, Alarms, Electronics

Alpine Type R vs Type X???

Search this Thread

Old 01-09-2006, 03:12 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Alpine Type R vs Type X???

Whats the difference between the Alpine Type R speakers and the Type X speakers? is there a big difference? is there a particular kind of music that one is better for?
Old 01-09-2006, 10:15 PM

Default Re: Alpine Type R vs Type X??? ({Powered by R})

anyone? bueller....bueller....?
Old 01-10-2006, 04:54 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Here. Compare. Took 30 seconds after a search to find this.

http://www.crutchfield.com/S-P...4&y=4
Old 01-10-2006, 08:24 AM

Default Re: (B18C_EJ8)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by B18C_EJ8 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Here. Compare. Took 30 seconds after a search to find this.

http://www.crutchfield.com/S-P...4&y=4</TD></TR></TABLE>

i dont mean the subs, i mean the component speakers. plus thats all greek to me, im a noob here when it comes to audio equipment. i wanted to see if someone could tell me the difference in plain english
Old 01-10-2006, 08:38 PM
Honda-Tech Member

i have the x, the biggest diffrence is the adjustible crossovers. they will allow you to get everything perfect. but if your not that paticular the the the r will work just fine
Old 01-11-2006, 10:12 AM
fcm
Old Fart

Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts
Default Re: ({Powered by R})

Compare http://www.alpine-usa.com/en/p...-17LS

http://www.alpine-usa.com/en/p...-177R 94
Old 01-11-2006, 11:59 AM

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by {Powered by R} &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Whats the difference between the Alpine Type R speakers and the Type X speakers? is there a big difference? is there a particular kind of music that one is better for? </TD></TR></TABLE>

As far as a speaker being better for a certain style a music, it's nonsense. A stereo is designed to produce the signal. how well it does this determines the quality of the speaker. i own the type-x components and they're not bad, i wouldnt buy them again though. I find them to be a little thin on the midbass but that could be the fault of my kick panels.
Old 01-11-2006, 12:29 PM
3rd g3aR vTak

A friend of mine has a set of type R's for sale. Never heard them , but I think he wanted $75 for them. They look nice , and in good condition. I believe they are the 5 1/4" components.
Old 01-11-2006, 03:08 PM

Default Re: Alpine Type R vs Type X??? (omega02379)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by omega02379 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">A friend of mine has a set of type R's for sale. Never heard them , but I think he wanted $75 for them. They look nice , and in good condition. I believe they are the 5 1/4" components.</TD></TR></TABLE>

i need 6.5"s for my car, but thanks for the headsup!
Old 01-11-2006, 03:50 PM
3rd g3aR vTak

They might be 6 1/2" , not sure. I'll find out.
Old 01-11-2006, 08:36 PM

Default Re: Alpine Type R vs Type X??? (omega02379)

im not sure of the difference really, but im running the spx-177r components in the front and the spx-17mb in the rear of my integra and i like them alot.
Old 01-12-2006, 10:00 AM
fcm
Old Fart

Default Re: Alpine Type R vs Type X??? (imola-red dc2)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by imola-red dc2 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">im not sure of the difference really, but im running the spx-177r components in the front and the spx-17mb in the rear of my integra and i like them alot.</TD></TR></TABLE> Good 3way setup, the SPX-17MB will certainly help with mid-bass response. 94
Old 01-12-2006, 11:20 AM

Default Re: Alpine Type R vs Type X??? (fcm)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by fcm &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote"> Good 3way setup, the SPX-17MB will certainly help with mid-bass response. 94</TD></TR></TABLE>

its just too bad they're in the rear
Old 01-12-2006, 11:41 AM
fcm
Old Fart

Default Re: Alpine Type R vs Type X??? (EBP_SI)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by EBP_SI &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

its just too bad they're in the rear </TD></TR></TABLE> I have to agree, better would be the doors and the 2way components, 5.25" in kick pods. But a fair amount of work to install in the doors, and sound good, def. not on the oem plastic speaker mounts, and cheesy MDF rings are no better, a custom MDF speaker mount to replace the oem plastic ones and a lot of "rattle" control and Dynamating, [or the like]. 94
Old 01-13-2006, 10:02 PM

type x take a lot more wattage than type r.... i mean, just google that ****.
Old 01-14-2006, 11:14 PM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by EBP_SI &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

As far as a speaker being better for a certain style a music, it's nonsense. A stereo is designed to produce the signal. how well it does this determines the quality of the speaker. i own the type-x components and they're not bad, i wouldnt buy them again though. I find them to be a little thin on the midbass but that could be the fault of my kick panels.
</TD></TR></TABLE>

um. do you know anything about speakers?
Old 01-15-2006, 09:30 AM
fcm
Old Fart

Default Re: Alpine Type R vs Type X??? (need_a_h22)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by need_a_h22 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">type x take a lot more wattage than type r.... i mean, just google that ****.</TD></TR></TABLE>Yea, if we were talking about subs, 500W for the Rs and 1000W for the Xs but we are talking about the components or 2way, [Type Rs].
SPR-17LP 2way=50W, SPR-17LP comp.=70W and SPX-17R comp.=75W, [no 2way Type X] 94
Old 01-15-2006, 10:01 AM

Default Re: Alpine Type R vs Type X??? (sony224422)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by sony224422 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

um. do you know anything about speakers? </TD></TR></TABLE>

lol. no. please educate me.
Old 01-15-2006, 10:14 AM

Everything about the alpine Type X is better than the Type R.

The Vifa ring radiator tweeter on the Type X is awesome. Midrange isn't the best for the price, but it gets the job done. Take the Type X over the Type R unless you're on a budget.
Old 01-15-2006, 10:51 AM
Honda-Tech Member

lol. no. please educate me. </TD></TR></TABLE>

have you ever heard of rainbow speakers? Not all speakers are made the same. you compare sony speakers to rainbow speakers. then you can tell me speakers are just speakers.
Old 01-15-2006, 10:56 AM

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by sony224422 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

have you ever heard of rainbow speakers? Not all speakers are made the same. you compare sony speakers to rainbow speakers. then you can tell me speakers are just speakers. </TD></TR></TABLE>

what the expletive are you talking about? yes i've heard of rainbow, yes i've heard of sony. I know rainbow speakers are "better" than sony speakers. now what does this have to do with what i said?

Old 01-15-2006, 11:35 AM
Honda-Tech Member

you saying that certain speakers can't be for certain types of music, which is not true. Rainbow speakers, for example, are made for high end listening with the tweeters tuned and midbass and all the crossovers set right, will make it sound like your in a concert hall. You try and get sony speakers to sound like that. don't tell people all speakers are the same. because there not.
Old 01-15-2006, 01:54 PM

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by sony224422 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">you saying that certain speakers can't be for certain types of music, which is not true. Rainbow speakers, for example, are made for high end listening with the tweeters tuned and midbass and all the crossovers set right, will make it sound like your in a concert hall. You try and get sony speakers to sound like that. don't tell people all speakers are the same. because there not. </TD></TR></TABLE>

is english your second language? did you actually read what i wrote.
I dont have rainbow speakers but i do have speakers which would be considered high end. Whether or not it "sounds like i'm at a concert hall" is mostly determined by the cd i chose to listen to. An amazing stereo wont make a **** recording sound wonderful, it will only reproduce what is on the cd.

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by EBP_SI &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">As far as a speaker being better for a certain style a music, it's nonsense. A stereo is designed to produce the signal. how well it does this determines the quality of the speaker. </TD></TR></TABLE>

Engineer's dont sit down and say "today we're going to design some speakers to play hip hop or to sound like a concert hall." A good speaker is designed to have the flatest frequency response no matter what type of music you listen to. Sure all speakers sound different, some are designed to have more midbass, some are designed to have amazing midrange response (think B&W FST mid's. they can't go below 400hz but they sound very smooth up to 4.5Khz). I can listen to anything from Bach to Foo Fighters on my stereo and it all sounds great. My whole point was a better speaker will sound better not matter what type of music you listen to.

As for rainbow speakers making it sound like you're at a concert hall. sure...if the cd was recorded to sound like it was at a concert hall or you've seriously altered the acoustics of your car to have certain properties. just out of curiousity where did you pull this information about rainbow speakers from? your ***?

and do you have any idea what speakers i have?

Modified by EBP_SI at 6:07 PM 1/15/2006
Old 01-15-2006, 03:16 PM

I wouldn't doubt EBP_SI's knowledge on audio at all. He got some stuff that are pretty much high-end. I doubt even the audiophiles out there would call his stuff crap or whatever. He definitely knows what he's talking about.
Old 01-16-2006, 03:23 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (GSteg)

yup my *** is smarter than you. anyways, yeah no your wrong. speakers are designed for different listening stages. lets think about that. are 3 or 4 ways the same as 2 ways. and componets. oh i guess they are according to you. and yeah you don't need rear speakers as i have seen you don't like because when the front are tuned right, they make the sound reproduced to make it sound like its all around you. now, about rainbows, im sure they better than what you have.. what do you have, why don't you enlighten us

Quick Reply: Alpine Type R vs Type X???