Notices
Audio / Security / Video Sound Systems, Alarms, Electronics

alarm question

Search this Thread

Old 07-13-2010, 08:00 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default alarm question

ok so since im having so much problems with my viper alarm im giving up on it and thinking about starting over and doing it my way.

about 6 months ago i bought one of those flip out key fobs for a later model civic and a blank that was for my civic to go with the flip key fob. since i had a viper reote that was broken on the outside only i shaved the motherboard down maybe 1/32 of a inch to make it fit in the key fob and made it fit so not the key fob is one with the key no lost remote anymore.

im thinking about just putting in a oem alarm from a 2007 civic (LX, DX, GX)

and then also getting a factory remote so that i can actually use the alarm and still keep my flip key.

any one know if i would be able to do this im not really liking aftermarket parts or stuff right at the moment.

and i would i be able to get it from the dealership along with the wiring pigtails for the alarm brain. (im gonna do the install myself) then take the car to the dealer to program the remotes.
Old 07-15-2010, 01:22 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Location: 99 probs but a stolen car aint 1, ca, cerritos/fullerton
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Re: alarm question

Not a good ideal. The factory alarm provides no security what so ever. Your really just adding a keyless entry. What kind of problems are you having with your viper?
Old 07-15-2010, 08:42 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: alarm question

problems consist of changing chirp, no chirp, no lights flash on arm or dis-arm, have to put remote onto the windshield right over top the antenna for the alarm in order for it to disarm or arm (usually only when the car has been in the sun for at least 30 min this includes when its driven) and to disarm it i have to unlock it with the key get into the car open close the door and open the windows all while the alarm is going off to get the spot where the antenna is to cool off sometimes it takes about 5 or 10 min to do so

there have been a few times where the alarm wont even go off when i open the door and wont do anything till i put the ignition to II or run position then it will go off

i could get home from work and arm the car go into my apartment sounds like normal and then come out 10 or 15 min later and disarm it to grab something or to go somewhere and it does one of the weird chirps or lights or a combination of lights and chirp.

ive tried checking the grounds there good to go and the brain is grounded to the dash skeleton.