Audio / Security / Video Sound Systems, Alarms, Electronics

92 hatch audio

Search this Thread

Old 08-27-2003, 02:48 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 92 hatch audio

I've been readin around these forums for a while now, and now that I'm starting to put things into my car, I have a specific question. Just for the record I'm a noob. I mean big time noob. So I probably won't understand you unless your telling it real simple like.

About a month ago I bought an alpine cda9811 deck. It's good for now, guess I wouldn't know too much because I have stock speakers that crackle nonstop. I need to know what are some good 6x9's to get. Also, it's a DX model, so there is no stock speakers in the back. Where would be the best place to put them? should I mount them on the side in the back seet, or maybe even put holes in the tray in the hatch back. I have $300 just for the 6x9's. I'd rather not go any higher then that. I don't really have much of a budget for all of it put together. It's a slow process of getting the money, and buying the ****. Little by little.
Old 08-27-2003, 06:07 PM

6x9's are way too big to put on the sides in the rear. You can cut holes and mount them on the rear cargo cover if you have one. I would just suggest buying the rear panels and brackets from a 92-95 Si and put them in instead. But its up to you.
Old 08-27-2003, 07:43 PM
Honda-Tech Gold Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: 92 hatch audio (twEeker)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by twEeker &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">
About a month ago I bought an alpine cda9811 deck. It's good for now, guess I wouldn't know too much because I have stock speakers that crackle nonstop.

I have $300 just for the 6x9's</TD></TR></TABLE>

How much money do you have to spend on the problem. The crackling problem.
If I had $300, to start off with, I'd get new speakers for the front.

Rear speakers, generally are used for "fill". To sound full. Not to generate bass. That's what subwoofers are for.

For terrific speakers, check out http://www.mbquart.com
They make speakers in almost every price range. They're known to be some of the best car audio speakers in the world. Last season, Team MBQuart, also produced the highest SQ score ever recorded in IASCA history.
Old 08-27-2003, 09:35 PM

Default Re: 92 hatch audio (ScareyH22A)

I guess I was unclear. I meant I was going to get 6 x 9's in the front (I think thats the right size for them, I dunno, thats just what I hear peaple call them). I have $300 to spend on front speakers. I have to buy them in small "portions" at a time. Like front speakers now, rear, sub, probably gonna need an amp for all that too, and if I find out what tweeters are, then maybe that too. so let me make this easyer. What kind of system (Brands, items) would you put into a 92 hatch that would make it sound decent, to good, without spending thousands of dollars. I usually get payed maybe 250 to 300 a week, every week I would like to have enough to put in something new. I do plan on putting things under the hood, and appearence issues too, but thats another story. So, 92 hatch needs to sound good. Your thoughts?
Old 08-28-2003, 06:14 PM
Honda-Tech Gold Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: 92 hatch audio (twEeker)

Everyone has their own preference in brands. If I tell a customer, "The MB Quarts are the best." it usually won't pursuade them into buying it.

So check out a shop with some speakers on display and listen to them with some CD's of your own. They'll be more than happy to demo their equipment for you.

Personally, I like the MB Quarts. The Alpines sound good too. Boston's may not fit in the doors.

Oh, BTW, I believe you have 6.5" in the front, not 6*9". Not all 6.5" will fit though. You've gotta check the clearance of the magnet before you buy the speaker.