Notices
Appearance Build Threads Showcase and discussion for projects and theme cars.

Update everyday, legitly. Project EG hatch.

Search this Thread

Old 07-07-2011, 07:18 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: Update everyday, legitly. Project EG hatch.

Originally Posted by 99civ
Once I get all this wiring done... lol.. Wheels, new suspension, lip+duckbill(or might paint stock one). I'm already over 500 in with just getting it, where it needs to be(personally). It's taking a lot of discipline not to jump the wagon on some cpr's or function form 1's...
koenig retracks with stickers like everybody else and save some skrills.
what is it dumped on now?
Old 07-07-2011, 09:53 PM
Honda-Tech Member

You don't want to know.. I don't even want to know and haven't checked for that reason to be honest. What I don't know, I just won't know. It rides like ****, makes noise, so I could only imagine some sleeves zero'd out on blown stock stuts.
Old 07-07-2011, 09:58 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Parts ordered today(lucky parts)- simpson 5pt harness+old school honda emblems+broadway mirror+front license relocate/angle.. After I get this underdash finished it will be rims/new suspension.. Suspension will be many pieces at once because Ihate doing suspension work because the breaker bar is your only friend..
-Legit coilovers
-LCAs
-Sway bar+brace
-X-Bar
or
-Harness bar/c pillar/rear strut
Old 07-08-2011, 06:01 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Just tucked the drivers side along over the pulleys and grounded it off... Then ran them under and up thru the corners and back into the bay. I will tuck the actual harness up by the firewall, but not this summer. Passenger side was easier.. Just under and back up. The rear was also easy. From the wiring that runs under your carpet drivers side, I just un clipped what I could. I zip tied everything first so it was 'one' wire instead of getting stuck while running from getting caught up, etc. I just ran it through where the back seat panel would be, up the fender wall, and there is a small hole right by the rear drivers side taillight. Heres some quick pics. If anyone needs more detailed shots, holllla.

Old 07-11-2011, 11:24 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Last night after a few beers and pulling apart the daily, right spkr quit working and can't find why anywhere so I'm buying a radar detector and running the wires in/under to driverside area/windshield... I tore the carpet back out of the eg to do more layers of black. It started to fade almost immediately(i think the heat+no floor mats helped). I need to get my hands on some stock floor mats or just pull one out of my daily for the time being. Today, I pulled those queer hood spacers out. The hood doesnt like to shut still but I think it is the half radiator + stay but I haven't "investigated" it yet. I also relocated the ecu but it was just flat on the floorboard and looked bunched up when the carpet is over it. I just tucked a lot of wiring up, etc. The car is legitly a wiring nightmare. I'm just glad I don't know what each wire/harness means so it doesn't bother me(except the main key ones I need and am fixing). I put the ecu in the center of the dash under the radio/ac unit. It's just tucked in there, it won't fall but I still am going to fab up a way to secure it.
Old 07-11-2011, 01:38 PM
Honda-Tech Member

why dont you just mount the ecu back where it is supposed to go instead of making something to mount it?
Old 07-11-2011, 07:02 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by 95b18c1egcoupe
why dont you just mount the ecu back where it is supposed to go instead of making something to mount it?
well obviously I thought of that first, lol. It won't fit.. Like I said the car is a wiring mess @ the moment and I can only get one slip on to bolt it down and it still sticks out from the diagnostics harness, etc, behind it.
Old 07-11-2011, 09:18 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Slacking on pics already...
Old 07-13-2011, 06:53 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Tore the dash up on the daily to do a stealth wiring on my new radar detector.. I'm putting my older cobra in the hatch once I buy a new power cable..

Pulled the hood "jdm" spacers out... Lines up nearly perfect except up front by the headlights...

Installed a new flood light outside the garage to help with lighting when working on cars+ any wanna be wanksters..

Heres the wiring issue with the ecu... I just need to find a simple way to make sure it STAYS secure even thought it hasn't moved yet and this car rides like ****.

And here's the carpet... 2 full days of black coats...
Old 07-13-2011, 06:56 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Sorry my build isnt that intense, yet. I really pushed myself to jump into a project again and really not necessarily want to take my time with it as much as I don't want to get so far deep that I cannot pay my bills, etc. So I'm taking it piece by piece. Most of what I have done so far is just wrench labor with 50-100$ parts here n there. I want to get new coilovers before I do anything else but may jump on some cheap wheels before then... Meshs/SIs/bottle caps or just some cheap konigs floating around.. I like it on the stock hub caps though.
Old 07-14-2011, 08:28 PM
Honda-Tech Member

wow that wiring is a disaster at least you are getting this car back to decent shape though
Old 07-15-2011, 06:10 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by 95b18c1egcoupe
wow that wiring is a disaster at least you are getting this car back to decent shape though
Yeah when I garage it over the winter, I def plan on just pulling the whole dash out(maybe do an integra dash) and just re wiring the car back to factory because it is quite ridiculous. Everywhere I look there is a cut wire or two wires taped together.
Old 07-15-2011, 10:03 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Subbing to this, I like the progress man keep it up!
Old 07-15-2011, 01:11 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Yeah when I garage it over the winter, I def plan on just pulling the whole dash out(maybe do an integra dash) and just re wiring the car back to factory because it is quite ridiculous. Everywhere I look there is a cut wire or two wires taped together.
Honestly, just pick up a full obd1 civic body harness. You'll just create more of a headache swapping an integra dash in.
Old 07-15-2011, 06:42 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by maxwellmercer
Honestly, just pick up a full obd1 civic body harness. You'll just create more of a headache swapping an integra dash in.
Thats what I have been told by many. It will pry be what I end up doing anyway... I had always thought the civic eg/ integra dc were always plug n play? I had never been involved with a swap(always have loved the y8).. So if that above is true, what is the point of what has been done to my car?
Old 07-18-2011, 01:07 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Went to the lake for a couple days... Broadway mirror, front license plate angler/relocator and simpson harness are here. I think I'm done buying dumb little **** and am going to focus on suspension. I'm looking into purchasing everything at once so when time to install, its all one motion. I absolutely hate doing suspension because one, I don't have a lift and two, everything is always so old down there and rusted. Here's pics of the harness installed + mirror.

Took off the old seat belt clip

Old 07-20-2011, 07:23 PM
Honda-Tech Member

i have a funny update once I upload the pics...
Took the wheel off to inspect the brakes to realize/decide what all I need to focus on and order.. SO I come to find no lowering springs and/or sleeve coilovers but I did find... Some mexi cut springs... wow. Even coiled back in with the cut spring...

I'd say new brakes are needed..

Last edited by 99civ; 07-20-2011 at 07:51 PM.
Old 07-20-2011, 08:12 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Thats what I have been told by many. It will pry be what I end up doing anyway... I had always thought the civic eg/ integra dc were always plug n play? I had never been involved with a swap(always have loved the y8).. So if that above is true, what is the point of what has been done to my car?
Well by the looks of the underdash fuse box, and ecu jumper, looks like they converted it to obd2.
Old 07-20-2011, 08:30 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by maxwellmercer
Well by the looks of the underdash fuse box, and ecu jumper, looks like they converted it to obd2.
I have a feeling I may have to have fun all winter with just the wiring... and I wanted to go boost, I may not have the time for all this is going to take.
Old 07-22-2011, 09:29 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Was going to go progress coilovers with a 350 front/500 rear but they are sold OUT till mid August so I picked up a set of EF GodSpeed RS series coilovers in the for sale forums. So I will be looking(buddy might have) a couple EF forks for the swap and I need to order Brembo blanks tonight also. I would like to get LCA+subframe brace+low tie bar before all said n done but that completely depends on money. I started the week at -71 dollars in commission so I may need to lay low for a week. Updates+pictures come monday'sh.
Old 07-25-2011, 02:00 PM
Honda-Tech Member

got some goodies in the mail... still waiting on rear lca's+ordering front ef forks... Found out the right rear drum doesn't work. EBrake pulled and it was still spinning the the drum cover came off with the wheel so that's a new investigations... Anyway, here's some more pics of the day.

Picked up these godspeeds relatively cheap and relatively new... RS version

Old- the rears were even more mexi cut then the fronts.. lol

Old 07-25-2011, 09:19 PM
Honda-Tech Member

I don't get why there are coils in the coils lol, did they cut them and leave them in there? WTF?
Old 07-25-2011, 09:24 PM
Honda-Tech Member

lol yeahh.. How fuking crazy? they cut the springs then put the cut springs back in?? and the whole time I'm like, "Well I bet there are some cheap coilovers under here..."
Old 07-26-2011, 03:09 PM
Honda-Tech Member

lol took the rears off and one strut is almost 2 inches shorter than the other+mexi cut springs.
Old 07-27-2011, 04:27 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Waiting on my LCA's and EF forks to get here so I can put the suspension on.. Rears are all set and ready because I received a tracking number on those. I pulled, might of torn, something in my oblique/side between rolling at the gym and hockey game monday night so I've been really sore and very bored. Its hard for me to be lazy so I went ahead and got on the vintage emblem. To each his own, but I love it.

Quick Reply: Update everyday, legitly. Project EG hatch.