Appearance Build Threads Showcase and discussion for projects and theme cars.

Shaved & tucked ITR swapped DA build thread

Search this Thread

Old 01-03-2015, 09:39 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Shaved & tucked ITR swapped DA build thread

Hi everyone. New member to HT, long time lurker. My name is Beau Bellack and I am from southern Indiana!!!

This is my 1990 Acura Integra that I purchased from a friend of mine as a rolling shell, with the engine bay already shaved & painted. So it was a very good starting point for any build.
Here is how she looked the day I brought her home

This car belonged to a good friend of mine, who owned it for years and I always wanted to buy it from him then one day it finally happened.

Here is how it looked when he owned it

So every since I purchased the car about a year ago I have done nothing but stocking up on all the perfect parts to make this car exactly what I wanted. Huge shout out and thank you to Downstar, All in Fab, Sickbird, Fuel Tuck'd, and CJ's tuck harnesses for making this all possible!

My collection of Downstar hardware and my powder coated valve cover! (this pic absolutely does it not justice, you'll see later)

Here is a photo of the day my ITR swap arrived at my house

It was clean, but I figured a good paint job would help it

My downstar boltless booster delete, wilwood mc, and downstar billet MC cover, the quality on all of this stuff is great!

Also picked up some Hasport mounts from the previous owner

Here is a picture of it on the new Wedssport wheels I purchased for it (I know it needs more low but there's no weight up front, no engine yet)

Closer look at the Muteki lug nuts

Here is the All in Fab water neck and thermostat housings with -16an fittings for the tucked radiator

Here is the All in Fab 4" to 3" intake I purchased to go with my blox 70mm tb and All in fab intake manifold

I also bought a second set of wheels for the car just because I like the idea of changing it up from time to time. 16x8 and 16x7 Racing Hart Tracer Type C's

And here is a pic of a few of most of the parts bolted onto the engine on the stand. My All in Fab intake manifold, Sickbird plug wire cover, PLM V2 header (i know its a rep but I can't find a bisi )

Follow me on instagram!!! @riit76

Last edited by riit; 01-17-2015 at 06:05 PM.
Old 01-03-2015, 09:43 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Shaved & tucked ITR swapped DA build thread

Also for fun, here is a picture of my daily!
2013 Honda civic si!

Old 01-04-2015, 08:20 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Great start. Love the valve cover, and very nice daily driver too.
Old 01-04-2015, 10:11 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Cool
Old 01-04-2015, 03:09 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts

Keep us updated on the progress
Old 01-05-2015, 08:45 AM
Honda-Tech Member

gorgeous, love the color. nice daily too
Old 01-05-2015, 09:30 AM
B*a*n*n*e*d

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

LOVE jasper green DAs.
Old 01-06-2015, 12:56 PM
Honda-Tech Member

mmmmmm jasper. Nice start sir.
Old 01-17-2015, 05:23 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Sorry my thread is kind of lined up funny. I'm new to this. I've never really been an active member of a forum before. I usually don't even make enough posts to be allowed to use the classifieds.

Here are a few minor updates since the last time I posted.
I purchased a CTR N1 damper & Belt from ICB as well as a shift ****.
(I know I know the N1 damper can cause problems) I am going to put it on and hope for the best, if it all goes kaboom I'll just go K I suppose. Fingers crossed it all works out though.

Here is a closer look at the shift ****, I love the weight of it and the color. I really like ICB its too bad they don't have more DA parts, but then again who does.

I thought about going with a painted grip royal wheel forever, but a lot of people kept telling me the paint chipped and quite a few others didn't like them at all so for now I decided to go with a Nardi original woodgrain. Picked this up from JHPUSA.

And at the risk of sounding crazy I picked up a third set of wheels for the car as well. I get envious when I get on NWP and I see people with 10 sets of wheels and with as indecisive as I am I figure why not? So I picked up some 15x7 Kosei K1's Toyo Proxy R1R's on them. Wheels are mint and tires have roughly 600 miles.

Picked up a set of the limited Neo-Chrome Downstar lug nuts. These things look great at every angle in any lighting!

I hope you all are enjoying this car as much as I am. I built it for myself but seeing positive comments and hearing that other people enjoy it is even more satisfying.
If you really like it follow me on instagram @riit76
Old 01-17-2015, 05:45 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Off topic a bit but didn't wanna make a different thread. Here are some of my past Honda's that I have owned.

This is my first Civic I purchased in 2009, at my very first Import alliance (fall meet). I bought this car to daily because it was $2500 only 110k miles and got really good gas mileage. It was also my first manual trans. At the time I had a Grand Am I was doing stuff too and figured I needed a daily to keep miles off of it. I never knew buying a daily would spark something in me that changed my perspective on cars forever. I've met so many people and made so many friends just because of these cars. That's what I loved about the Honda community. My second or third day of owning it two guys pulled up next to me at the light, I used to be very shy around strangers and they told me to come hang out at the up town parking lot that night. I wasn't gonna go but I talked my room mate into going with me. That's when I was first introduced to the "scene" It was so cool seeing all these people hang out just because they all shared the same passion.

My next Honda was a 1994 Civic EX with a boosted D15B, I paid $4300 for it and it blew up three days after owning it. So then I went with forged internals and rocked it out for a few more years.

I eventually traded that boosted civic for something I thought was more reliable and a better car, a 96 hatch. I loved the car so much I had always wanted a hatch. But three days after trading, I was on my way to the next town over to buy a dash kit to install my CD player and a woman turned across the highway and claimed she didn't see me. I had no time to do anything. This car had no airbags but luckily I was wearing my safety belt.

Immediately after that I went shopping, my dream of owning a hatch wasn't going to stop there. I found a Midori green shell located in Ohio, I talked my dad into driving me down there with the trailer so I could buy it and swap everything over from my last hatch that I could. Used what money I had left to buy it new bumpers, and have it painted.

I drove it for a while as well. Had a lot of issues with the car, and just plain didn't have the money to do what I wanted with it anyways. Couldn't even afford tires at one point so I traded these wheels for steelies with good tires. I ended up selling it and taking the money to buy something in better condition.

Another few years went by and I purchased another civic, a 99 si. Which I had full plans on making into a show car at one point. But ended up selling it because the integra shell was up for sale!

Sorry if my story or thread is boring. Just figured every picture deserves a caption and it might somehow make it more interesting for those who care to read.
Old 01-17-2015, 08:26 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

very nice build man, great to see a DA getting this much love and attention..
Old 01-18-2015, 04:00 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by riit

I know I know the N1 damper can cause problems. I am going to put it on and hope for the best, if it all goes kaboom I'll just go K I suppose. Fingers crossed it all works out though.

I get envious when I get on NWP and I see people with 10 sets of wheels and with as indecisive as I am I figure why not?

If you are aware that a critical part on an engine, has been known to cause problems for others, why would you even buy it?? return that piece of **** and keep the money.

Also stop worrying about what others have and don't fall prey to the whole consumerism mentality. Buy the **** you want(should be need) but not cause others have more **** than you.

Nice DA!
Sweet engine too.
Old 01-18-2015, 07:00 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by joey1320
If you are aware that a critical part on an engine, has been known to cause problems for others, why would you even buy it?? return that piece of **** and keep the money.

Also stop worrying about what others have and don't fall prey to the whole consumerism mentality. Buy the **** you want(should be need) but not cause others have more **** than you.

Nice DA!
Sweet engine too.
I mean I didn't really NEED any of this stuff or need the car at all lol. It's just a hobby man. Money has to be spent somewhere. Bills are paid so might as well buy more stuff for my toy right?

As far as the pulley goes I've seen people run them for years with no issues so maybe I'll get that lucky right? I just didn't like that huge pulley on there when all I was running was the alternator. Trust me I've thought about the consequences it's a risk I know. I'm willing to give it a shot.