Appearance Build Threads Showcase and discussion for projects and theme cars.

Sh!t box eg hatch ls turbo build

Search this Thread

Old 08-09-2014, 03:42 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: **** box eg hatch ls turbo build

Kind of a small pointless update but I'm bored lol. Installed my walbro 255 fuel pump, and got my downpipe on. I sprayed the heat wrap black, I like the way it turned out. I'm thinking I'm going to redo the WG dump tube with two 45* angles for better clearance, just waiting on the bends to be shipped. Next I need to install the new dizzy and cooler ngk bkr7e spark plugs.

Old 08-10-2014, 12:30 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Installed my new dizzy and set base timing to 16*. Drove up and down my street staying in vacuum the whole time. Everything seems to be working right, no leeks or anything. Now I just need to finish my wg dump tube, install my 600cc injectors, and swap in my chipped ecu with the base map from my tuner then its ready for tuning.

Old 08-11-2014, 09:06 AM
Honda-Tech Member

I like how you notched the upper radiator support to make room for the radiator. Did you relocate the tabs at the bottom that hold the radiator up?
Old 08-11-2014, 10:22 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Your BOV is strangely located, to me. Good luck with it! Post up the results.
Old 08-11-2014, 10:28 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by averyvm
I like how you notched the upper radiator support to make room for the radiator. Did you relocate the tabs at the bottom that hold the radiator up?
Thanks man. Yep had to move the mounting tabs over too.
Old 08-11-2014, 10:33 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by Freemananana
Your BOV is strangely located, to me. Good luck with it! Post up the results.
Really? That's not strange to me at all. I've seen plenty of setups with them in the same spot of even mounted on the intercooler. This way when it vents it not blowing out air that has already been cooled by the intercooler. I've also heard the closer the bov is to the compressor the louder it is. Not like this one will need to be any louder lol.
Old 08-12-2014, 03:57 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by boosted94gsr
Really? That's not strange to me at all. I've seen plenty of setups with them in the same spot of even mounted on the intercooler. This way when it vents it not blowing out air that has already been cooled by the intercooler. I've also heard the closer the bov is to the compressor the louder it is. Not like this one will need to be any louder lol.
I did say to me! Haha. Most of the ones I have seen, for one reason or another, are located closely to the throttle body. I'd imagine I haven't seen many like this because it is tucked under a lot of stuff in photos.

As for blowing out cold air, is that a problem? Does that affect anything? I'm actually just being serious.
Old 08-12-2014, 09:04 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by Freemananana
I did say to me! Haha. Most of the ones I have seen, for one reason or another, are located closely to the throttle body. I'd imagine I haven't seen many like this because it is tucked under a lot of stuff in photos.

As for blowing out cold air, is that a problem? Does that affect anything? I'm actually just being serious.
Lol I hear you man. I honestly don't think it will make much of a difference where the bov is located as long as it has a good direct vacuum line. I put mine where it is simply for a cleaner look. As you can tell from the pic of the engine bay I like stuff tucked away as much as possible lol.

On a side note I should be getting the car tuned this Friday!!!
Old 08-15-2014, 08:04 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Car is tuned!! Trevor owner of TREV motorsports drove 3 1/2 hours to come to me and street tune it. He is an awesome guy nothing but good things to say about him and how he does business.

Tune went really smooth other then my alternator going out half way through the tune lol. Trevor swapped it out in like 6 mins. We estimate the power to be right around 310-320whp at 16 lbs of boost. He tuned it extremely conservative, only at 8 degrees of advance on the timing. Overall I'm really happy with the car at the moment. The thing hauls *** that's for sure lol!!

Old 08-15-2014, 10:48 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Made it to the track just a few hours after finishing the tune lol. 12.7 with a 2.0 60ft ain't too bad for the first time out. I'm super happy with this setup so far.

I ran against a guy with a fully build gsr with a 30r claiming he makes 400whp, but he was only running mid 13s lol. He was like "that's just an ls". Funny people under estimate what a mostly stock turbo LS can do.

Old 08-15-2014, 11:09 PM
opc
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

really clean and well prepped car.
whats next?
Old 08-16-2014, 05:47 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Thanks man.

Next would be an aem wideband and a slim fan. The OEM fan shroud is broke and the fan makes contact with it sometimes witch is super annoying lol.
Old 08-19-2014, 11:53 AM
Honda-Tech Member

My buddy Shawn gave me some extended lugs for free. I bought the shell from him originally, he has been super helpful with sourcing parts for me.

On a side note I ordered an aem wideband should be here this Friday. I've been borrowing my friends wideband until mine gets here.

Hopefully I can make it back to the track this Friday. I'm determined to cut a 1.9xx 60ft on these nitto neo gen tires. I know its possible lol.

Old 08-19-2014, 04:29 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Brand new crank with bearings is only 170 bucks. I never get mine machined. Just buy another
Old 08-19-2014, 06:02 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by Humphrizzle
Brand new crank with bearings is only 170 bucks. I never get mine machined. Just buy another
That's exactly what I ended up doing.
Old 08-19-2014, 06:09 PM
Honda-Tech Member

I put some spacers in to tilt the hood and help keep under hood temp lower. I also bypassed all the coolant lines running to the iacv, throttle body, and fitv. This will help keep the intake manifold from heat soaking a little bit. I also plan on getting a shielded intake manifold gasket. I went ahead and raised the car up about a 1/2 inch, it was just a tad bit too low for me. I don't like having to worry about dragging the downpipe everywhere.

Old 08-20-2014, 04:44 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Agree with raising the car a bit. Drivability is way more important. As for the hood spacers, not a fan. Definitely would have went with wrapping the hot parts first. haha. As for the trim, what's the plan? I don't remember if you've mentioned it. I like the OEM trim (door panels), but I've seen a lot of filled trim lately and it all looked decent.
Old 08-20-2014, 08:40 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Ya I'm not really a fan of the hood spacers either, but I'm a function over looks kind of guy lol. As for the body moulding I plan on welding up all the holes and making it look like a CX model with no trim from the factory. That is if I ever get around to the very very badly needed body work. But then again body work doesn't make it go faster, comes back to the function over looks thing again lol.

Got my aem wideband in the mail today and gave my friends back. I know he misses it because he open source tunes Subaru's locally. He tuned my daily driver wrx with STI turbo on 21lbs of boost, but its still not as fast as the hatch ;-) lol.
Old 08-21-2014, 04:27 AM
Honda-Tech Member

A fine and fair choice! I was a function over form kind of guy for awhile. Now I kind of want to look pretty. Tired of the "Still a Honda" or "Ricer" comments.

Then again, my car was much worse off than yours.

Have any issues with the placement of the battery? Do you DD this often in the rain?
Old 08-21-2014, 07:31 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Haven't had any problems yet with the battery location. I haven't driven the car in the rain yet. I probably need to put the fender liners back in before I do that lol. Don't really plan to drive the car in the rain much because its not my dd.
Old 08-21-2014, 07:00 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Nice.

I'm really glad that I caught this build in the progress. This was a nice one to follow along. Really awesome progress man. And I like what you did with the charge piping. Clean and simple. This really motivates me to get mine back on boost.
Old 08-22-2014, 09:39 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Thanks dude I appreciate the complements. Boost is the only way to go! You gotta get your back asap lol.
Old 08-22-2014, 10:52 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Clean fab work!
Old 08-22-2014, 10:03 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Thanks crx_owner_20!

Made it back to the track. Got 8 passes in all in the 12s witch felt great to be consistanly high 12 second passes on street tires. My best was a 12.6 as you can see in the pic below. The track was not prepped as well tonight as it was last week. The best 60ft I could cut was a 2.1xx last week 2.0 wasn't hard to do. I was also spinning through second gear were as last week it would dead hook second no matter how hard I slammed it into gear. Hopefully next time the track will be prepped better and I can pull off a 12.5 or better on street tires. Really I just need to get some 23" slicks!!

Old 08-23-2014, 01:57 PM
Honda-Tech Member

This run was the most fun for me. I raced an outback with full STI swap fully built forged internals, 20g and dyno tuned at 383awhp. I won by .088 of a second. Didn't catch him until 4th gear lol. I love beating cars that have 5 times as much money dumped into them then my car does ;-)

Quick Reply: Sh!t box eg hatch ls turbo build