Notices
Appearance Build Threads Showcase and discussion for projects and theme cars.

MySpaceTOM's Progress thread for ITR #98-0833

Search this Thread

Old 05-16-2017, 07:03 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: MySpaceTOM's Progress thread for ITR #98-0833

Pm'd you
Old 05-19-2017, 06:43 PM
Honda-Tech Member

just got done with this thread and your civic thread....great stuff! Im getting back into the honda game, just picked a 99 EBP EM1. Im going to DD it and would like to get into some track stuff. Lots to learn, thanks for sharing!!
Old 10-03-2017, 06:46 AM
Honda-Tech Member formally known as TomsEF

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by dgzill
just got done with this thread and your civic thread....great stuff! Im getting back into the honda game, just picked a 99 EBP EM1. Im going to DD it and would like to get into some track stuff. Lots to learn, thanks for sharing!!
Great to hear you are getting back into Hondas! Thanks for following along and I am happy to help with any questions. Yes, track days are a blast! Everyone should at least do one. It's like nothing else.
Old 01-03-2023, 03:32 PM

I'm picking this car back up from the current owner on January 15th! Super excited. Already got my first upgrade in the mail for it today. Ohlins DFV's.

​​​​​​​Don't mind the 2000 ITR in the background. I'm selling that car to recoup funds spent buying back my 98 ITR.

The following users liked this post:
Old 01-05-2023, 09:17 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 442 Likes on 384 Posts

Glad you're excited to get your 98 back, good luck and have fun.

I wonder what ever happened to my old hatch from highschool, or my old S2K. Then again knowing may just make me sad lol, especially for the hatch.
Old 01-06-2023, 10:56 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 25 Likes on 22 Posts

Congrats on getting your 98 back, I saw you post the black one for sale somewhere on FB. Looking forward to the updates.
Old 01-09-2023, 10:23 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Man, that's really cool you were able to get back your old R. I can't wait to see it out and about. Congrats!
Old 01-09-2023, 02:10 PM

Originally Posted by ef9wpb
Man, that's really cool you were able to get back your old R. I can't wait to see it out and about. Congrats!
Thanks! I made sure I sold it to a great guy that ended up holding his promise to giving me first dibs. He also took great care of it! I'll be posting some more content to help keep the thread going.

Originally Posted by Casey
Congrats on getting your 98 back, I saw you post the black one for sale somewhere on FB. Looking forward to the updates.
That was the one. Tough deal. Took a loss on that car but well worth it to get my 98 back. Black R is up in Nashville now.

Originally Posted by Chance EG
Glad you're excited to get your 98 back, good luck and have fun.

I wonder what ever happened to my old hatch from highschool, or my old S2K. Then again knowing may just make me sad lol, especially for the hatch.
Thanks! I can relate. My first car, 89 240sx coupe, was ruined. V8 swapped. Wrecked. ugh...
Old 01-19-2023, 05:11 PM

It's been a long week! Flew out Sunday to pick up the car. It was my first time seeing the car in over 6 years. I have to say, I was a bit disappointed. I know the car wasn't perfect when I sold it but dang, rough 6 years. I realized I had a lot of work ahead of me.

After driving home for 6 hours I found out the car does not like to start. It's random, kind of like the starter going out. Also, the power steering pump was puking fluid everywhere. The driver-side engine mount all but came unbolted. someone was looking out for me on the way home. Not sure how that happened.

My impression of the car was it seemed to have sat for many years. The plate was last tagged in 2019. The car was filthy. I didn't even get a pre-purchase car wash which was much needed.

I got it home and got to work this week.

First up was a much-needed car wash. Just washing the car made a huge improvement and got me feeling good about the work ahead of me.

The first pic picking it up.

She's a driver

The next day getting ready for the first wash.

Old 01-19-2023, 05:30 PM

First up, fix the leading power steering pump. The previous owner gave me 3 other PS pumps, all of which were not the right ones. I decided to order the parts needed to do a rebuild of the OEM unit instead of replacing it with a reman unit. Worked perfectly and the pump is good as new.

Pic after full rebuild.

Next up, install the OEM CD player. This came with the black ITR I bought and decided to keep it for myself to install in the white car. I had to go buy a CD at the store. I realized I no longer own any CD's. I'm going to get a few more CD's and just keep using this unit.

Next up, new coilovers. Went with Ohlins DFV. I was able to source a new set from Japan. Super impressed with the quality of these. The street ride is great as well. Excited to get them on the track. I'm sure they will perform well without being too hardcore.

Spent quite a while dialing in the height. Not sure if I'm 100% on it yet. Might bring down the rear a bit.

Sunday I am painting the spoiler, front lip, and driver mirror that I am replacing due to a crack in the original one. I'm hoping to paint the wheels soon also.

Does anyone have a link to get the center cap stickers? I plan to order new center caps eventually. For the time being, I'm just going to paint the wheels and center caps and slap the Acura sticker on there.
Old 01-20-2023, 10:32 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 25 Likes on 22 Posts

Glad to hear no major issues on the drive back with it and sounds like youve got it back on track to be a nice driver. Id bring the rear down a touch like you mentioned but otherwise its coming along. As soon as you polish the headlights its going to look like a completely different car
Old 01-21-2023, 12:03 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 33 Likes on 31 Posts

Originally Posted by MyspaceTOM
First up, fix the leading power steering pump. The previous owner gave me 3 other PS pumps, all of which were not the right ones. I decided to order the parts needed to do a rebuild of the OEM unit instead of replacing it with a reman unit. Worked perfectly and the pump is good as new.

Pic after full rebuild.

Next up, install the OEM CD player. This came with the black ITR I bought and decided to keep it for myself to install in the white car. I had to go buy a CD at the store. I realized I no longer own any CD's. I'm going to get a few more CD's and just keep using this unit.

Next up, new coilovers. Went with Ohlins DFV. I was able to source a new set from Japan. Super impressed with the quality of these. The street ride is great as well. Excited to get them on the track. I'm sure they will perform well without being too hardcore.

Spent quite a while dialing in the height. Not sure if I'm 100% on it yet. Might bring down the rear a bit.

Sunday I am painting the spoiler, front lip, and driver mirror that I am replacing due to a crack in the original one. I'm hoping to paint the wheels soon also.

Does anyone have a link to get the center cap stickers? I plan to order new center caps eventually. For the time being, I'm just going to paint the wheels and center caps and slap the Acura sticker on there.
Why are you painting the center caps?
Old 01-24-2023, 05:17 AM

Originally Posted by stin1
I need to spend the money it would cost to get new ones on other maintenance items. I'll buy new OEM center caps eventually. At this time I have quite a few other things to buy.
Old 01-24-2023, 08:35 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 19 Likes on 19 Posts

you can get the decals for the caps on ebay
Old 01-24-2023, 01:58 PM

Originally Posted by hybridnorth
you can get the decals for the caps on ebay
Thanks! Got those ordered up. Wasn't sure if there was member on here or a preferred place to get them. They are on the way.
Old 01-27-2023, 10:54 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 52 Likes on 46 Posts

Originally Posted by stin1
if he doesn't then they'll look like **** against newly-painted wheels.

Always nice to see an Integra resto thread, even better when it's a HypeR! You're only about 100k shy of my GSR's current odo reading.

Any PS leaks from any of those hoses? I did the rebuild kit on my pump, but found at least on of my hoses leaking also, that one coming from the reservoir to the pump. That was like $60 to find the correct molded OEM hose, which has been discontinued of course.
Old 01-30-2023, 09:26 AM

Originally Posted by PatrickGSR94
if he doesn't then they'll look like **** against newly-painted wheels.

Always nice to see an Integra resto thread, even better when it's a HypeR! You're only about 100k shy of my GSR's current odo reading.

Any PS leaks from any of those hoses? I did the rebuild kit on my pump, but found at least on of my hoses leaking also, that one coming from the reservoir to the pump. That was like $60 to find the correct molded OEM hose, which has been discontinued of course.
Exactly. The original center caps were very crusty compared to the freshly painted wheels.

Luckily that hose is not leaking and no other hoses are leaking. I'll be keeping my eye out for a chance to snag an OEM hose if it ever comes up just in case.
Old 01-30-2023, 09:29 AM

I took some time to pull the window tint off the car. The dark window look isn't for me, on 90's Honda's. I plan to have 90% 3M Crystalline installed all around before summer. That will help reduce some heat and still protect the interior.

Old 01-31-2023, 07:33 AM
Honda-Tech Member

How are your rear plastics doing? My hatch side plastics and underside of the hatch on my GSR is getting pretty janky. Lots of broken clip tabs. It's at the point where I've been thinking about trying to design and 3D print some sort of tab that would fit over the remnants of what's left, that I could epoxy in place.
Old 01-31-2023, 11:54 AM

How are your rear plastics doing? My hatch side plastics and the underside of the hatch on my GSR is getting pretty janky. Lots of broken clip tabs. It's at the point where I've been thinking about trying to design and 3D print some sort of tab that would fit over the remnants of what's left, that I could epoxy in place.
That would be a cool adapter to 3D print. I am sure it could be useful in a lot of hondas. My rear hatch plastics are in great shape, thankfully. Now the side panels that go from the trunk to the back seat, those are hideous in the trunk area. I am planning on getting replacements from HMO once I can also source some mint door panels. I missed out on a mint set the other day. Bummed about That.
Old 01-31-2023, 11:56 AM

Today I took the time to install some fresh door edge, window sill, trim pieces. Not sure of the actual name off top of my head but here is a pick.

Also, pic of the steering wheel I installed. Replaced the worn out wheel I had in there with the same one but fresh and s circuit hero horn button I had bought a while back.

Old 01-31-2023, 12:00 PM
Honda-Tech Member

hell yes those are sick man! I have a set stashed away in my garage, but I'm just holding onto them until my car goes in for a respray, which could be 1-2 years down the road. I don't want to put them on and risk breaking them when pulling them back off when I prep for paint.

Door sill belt trim or some such thing.
Old 01-31-2023, 12:12 PM

hell yes those are sick man! I have a set stashed away in my garage, but I'm just holding onto them until my car goes in for a respray, which could be 1-2 years down the road. I don't want to put them on and risk breaking them when pulling them back off when I prep for paint.

Door sill belt trim or some such thing.
I know what you mean. Feels like they are going to break every time. I've had some practice and seems like the best route is to pull the door panel and mirror. Roll down the window. I use a pick to press the tabs and roll the trim toward the inside of the door and you're done!

This weekend I am going to paint the front bumper. It doesn't match and I have a really good mix that has matched well for other parts.

Couple of other interior pieces coming this week as well.
Old 02-02-2023, 03:53 PM

This car has had a push-button start that has always driven me crazy. It was at least a nice install with proper pieces to go into the cruise control delete spot. I was never a fan and had been looking for the OEM cruise delete piece since I had the car years ago. Finally, I came across someone selling one and snagged it up. Installed this tonight. Also picked up a dash clock to replace the block-off plate.

oh, spent some time with the carpet cleaner trying to clean up the floor mats. I have two sets and I think they will clean up pretty decent.

Old 02-03-2023, 05:34 AM
Honda-Tech Member

oh damn wish I had that amber clock to go with my amber dash lighting. Those floor mats are worth serious money!

Quick Reply: MySpaceTOM's Progress thread for ITR #98-0833