Appearance Build Threads Showcase and discussion for projects and theme cars.

My NFS: Underground 93 Del Sol (forewarning: I'm a ricer)

Search this Thread

Old 04-22-2012, 05:27 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: My NFS: Underground 93 Del Sol (forewarning: I'm a ricer)

Originally Posted by v8killaz
to op-you will not get any sympathy on h-t so throw ur flame suit on lol.
^ this.
Old 04-22-2012, 06:10 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by Dazflap
^ this.
Agreed. 5 years ago I cancelled an account because the hate was so heavy. And now I spit at things that aren't OEM clean Hondas.... Damnit HT.
Old 06-06-2012, 12:44 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Haven't updated this in a while. For a few days after my last post I couldn't reply because my thread was moved to appearance and i was still a trail member. Anyway thought I'd share the most recent couple things I've done. I deconstructed the fog lights and retrofitted the projectors and led halos inside the headlight housing, and started fiberglassing spoiler risers. The pic shows them before I have had a chance to sand and finish them (its been raining here).

By the way I never got a chance to sell my front bumper (still there obviously) so I might cut it up and make my own and get rid of the one everyone seems to dislike.
Old 06-06-2012, 05:25 PM
Honda-Tech Member

i really hate when the people ridicule others on here for some of the littlest of things, but this thread seems like an unreal joke of a thread. Do you honestly feel good to ride around in public in a car that looks like that ????

im sorry to act like the asshats on this site but your one of these people that gives driving a del sol a bad image.

Hey if you like it more power to you....
Attached Images  
Old 06-07-2012, 11:09 AM
Honda-Tech Member

^ yo bro get off the dude's D.
yeah it's a ricer, and yeah it wouldn't be my first desicion to do with this
car but it's still a build thread and if you don't like it, get out of here?

by the way good luck with the build thread
Old 10-21-2012, 08:47 AM
Honda-Tech Member

your car do what you like with it ... personally i hate the stock front bumper on these cars i actually just bought a del sol 2 days ago ... i wanted a 2 seater as my lil car toy for personal fun and enjoyment .. i will also be doing a body kit .. most likely not as out there as yours is but everyone has there own taste make the car according to your taste i dont know why everyone flames you about it .. in your topic you posted your a ricer ... and in your initial post i didnt see you asking for anyones oppinions ... as i see it your sharing what your doing .. people dont get that point i guess .. thanksfully the car i bought has already had a buncha performance mods done to it .. and i scored it at 1400 bucks canadian .. woot
i didnt see your post where you purchased your body kit parts from .. do they have a selection of parts? i may have skipped where you mentioned it if you did .. and if ordered online ... how was your experience with the company ? quick shipping ? parts arrived as expected in expected condition ?
Old 10-21-2012, 11:22 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Whatever gets your dick hard.
Old 10-22-2012, 06:01 PM
Honda-Tech Member

In response to Demented98, I got a couple things like the spoiler and front bumper off of ebay motors, and I found the rest on craigslist. And I don't remember if I mentioned it, but I got my car with a set of 10" subs in the trunk which I sold immediately, so I only ended up spending $600 for this car before modding. Most of my mods were very cheap or trades, like my rims and new front bumper/rear bumper. I haven't updated this in a while because I didn't really see a reason and no one seemed interested, but I've still been going at my car full steam. I'll post some more pictures, just to share.

Firstly, the headlights finished. You'll also notice I stripped my car clean of the red paint, and I sprayed it black because all the shades of red were annoying me. When spring comes I'll paint it blue.

My Mugen style seat. I had to fabricate brackets since I couldn't find any sold for Del Sol that weren't insanely overpriced. I really love this seat, it's crazy comfortable.

Pulling the z6 for a swap. Yes that's a forklift.

I don't mind that people dislike my car. I don't take it seriously and I just enjoy myself with it. And if someone laughs at it, who's hurt?
Old 10-22-2012, 09:52 PM
Honda-Tech Member

/\ Exactly. But even if it is for fun, any reason why you didn't choose something that would have more flow with the design of the car? You have Buddy Club, CWest, and Blitz style kits that would flow a lot better with some nice wheels, but still have that circa 2000's look.

My only gripe in all honesty, is the wing. I've seen that wing on del sol's and other civics it's boring. Why not like an E46 M3 wing or something?
Old 10-23-2012, 04:13 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by ElZestyRice
Most of my mods were very cheap or trades, like my rims and new front bumper/rear bumper.
Really??? I couldn't tell!!! I am glad you like what you are doing but it is cars like this that was the reason i got out of the import scene originally!!!

That first picture was like walking in on your parents having sex and throwing up in your mouth afterwards!
Old 10-29-2012, 12:48 PM
Honda-Tech Member

While I'm sure other kits flow better with the body lines and as a result are more popular, I'm not going for a popular look. I'm going for what I like. When this ridiculous storm stops here in New England I'm going to start building a wide body kit because I decided I didn't really like the fenders I chose after all. I love the CR-Z racecar out there with the wide body on it and would like to do something inspired by that.

And the e46 spoiler is way too small for me. Maybe retrofitting one over the 3rd brake light though? I like the Sols with hatch spoilers, they look good.
Old 10-29-2012, 02:33 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by ElZestyRice
While I'm sure other kits flow better with the body lines and as a result are more popular, I'm not going for a popular look. I'm going for what I like. When this ridiculous storm stops here in New England I'm going to start building a wide body kit because I decided I didn't really like the fenders I chose after all. I love the CR-Z racecar out there with the wide body on it and would like to do something inspired by that.

And the e46 spoiler is way too small for me. Maybe retrofitting one over the 3rd brake light though? I like the Sols with hatch spoilers, they look good.
We on H-T will pray the storm will wash that POS away and you never return to the import world!!!

Are those so called projectors with halos actually projectors out of a egay headlight setup? If so they were.... Why bother explaining! Epic failure
Old 10-29-2012, 02:52 PM
Honda-Tech Member

more!
Old 11-05-2012, 05:31 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Could you please explain what an "egay headlight setup" is? If you mean that they came from some other projector headlight housing from a civic or something, then no. If you're talking about a retrofitting kit, then also no.

I had projector foglights and I dissected them and regular 1pc headlights and put the two together. I'm not sure why they're an epic failure? They work very well, and I like the way they look. It's also pretty difficult to correctly retrofit a projector and have it look good. For the halos, I don't like the single color options of CCFLs so I didn't choose them. I like the multicolor LEDs.

And although you may find this regretful, the storm did nothing to my car and I'm still working on making it fit my taste further. I appreciate your opinions though.
Old 11-05-2012, 07:16 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

although this car is far from what I like, I do appreciate your attitude. Keep it up ignore everyone else and do what you want.
Old 11-05-2012, 01:26 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Because that projector you used isn't made for HID bulbs"egay setup". It is a projector ment for regular halogen bulbs so therefore you have done nothing but waste time attempting to improve your lighting situation.
Old 11-05-2012, 04:20 PM
Honda-Tech Member

not my style but im in for more
Old 11-05-2012, 08:55 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Id like to see the outcome. Even though its not exactly MY style. I want to see the end result.
Old 12-26-2012, 08:49 AM
Honda-Tech Member

It's a bummer I haven't posted recently, started a new job and don't have much free time. I'm sorry my headlights are still upsetting people. I promise they work just fine, I've tested them thoroughly, and have done my research on HID vs halogen projector housings to find no reasonable cause for concern.

I should have some more progress soon, unfortunately for those wishing to see the final result, it's not something I plan on finishing any time soon. I'm just doing things as I go. Right now I'm finishing a rebuild of my original z6 engine, of course with enjoyable ricey things to go with it.

All for fun. Not for trying to intimidate, impress, or take anyone or anything seriously with my little 1.6L.
Old 12-26-2012, 06:18 PM
Honda-Tech Member

You should work at panda express you have all the experience to make rice. But you're coming from v8's so f$&k it welcome to the honda fam
Old 12-27-2012, 12:31 AM
opc
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I'll que in here, been a while since I've been on. Kids like this are the foundation of our hobby. He's obviously young, but most likely can name every brand under the sun, and isn't afraid of pulling a block.... good combo so far.

My advice.. stop. Not for the NFSU crap, or you wanna rice out a car, i say stop so that you can spend you're money on school, trade school, anything... make sure you have your own place, a career, etc, then once you have real money.. play till your hands bleed and it will be 100x more satisfying

If you love something, only one thing makes it better....

time.
Old 12-27-2012, 01:49 PM
Honda-Tech Member

We should all try and guide him in the right direction. All your negative BS is going to do is make him drift away from hondas. People like him are the ones who find joy in every little thing they do. He doesnt need VOLK wheels and JDM this JDM that to love his car. He just loves the car for what it is. Somthing most of us no longer do. We have lost the passion to produce somthing of our own vision. Most every one on her is a trend follower yes i have done the same. I chased all the trendy **** i did the sticker bomb the mad slammed till speed bumps look like moutains BS all that. Now i have a flat black sedan with little ebay things done and i love the car more then i loved my jdm front gsr with itr internals. Why because its my own not a spitting image of every one else. OP more power to you chase your dreams and ride that bitch into the sunset. Have fun and be you not every one else. But on another note make sure anything and everything you do flows the first few picks made the car look like a pairate ship setting sail looking to beach normandy and run over some ****'sss!!! My two cents.
Old 12-27-2012, 04:11 PM
Honda-Tech Member

I dont see why someone is getting so much hate on THEIR ride. Sure, its not my style, but a true automobile enthusiast will appreciate any hard work put into a car. With that said, do what you want with your car man, you might be getting hate, but "bad press is better than no press" right?
Old 12-27-2012, 04:25 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by mybikeisblack
I dont see why someone is getting so much hate on THEIR ride. Sure, its not my style, but a true automobile enthusiast will appreciate any hard work put into a car. With that said, do what you want with your car man, you might be getting hate, but "bad press is better than no press" right?
This ^
Old 12-27-2012, 04:25 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by mybikeisblack
This ^ didnt see it like that pardon my ignorance