Appearance Build Threads Showcase and discussion for projects and theme cars.

just another wire tuck....

Search this Thread

Old 08-12-2007, 09:27 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: (Jason-)

thanks man
Old 08-12-2007, 07:18 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: (hondaZvic)

i got some of that undercoat today!! Ill wait till i start welding to do this stuff. it looks cool!
Old 08-12-2007, 07:19 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (integrax97)

yeah, man, wait till ur completely finished welding the shock tower area before u do that. and get some uh.. self etching primer to use too..
Old 08-12-2007, 08:43 PM

What kind of material did you use as body filler? Just Bondo? Or something better to be more flexible? My car is a DD.

-Jason
Old 08-12-2007, 09:31 PM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by hondaZvic &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">yeah, man, wait till ur completely finished welding the shock tower area before u do that. and get some uh.. self etching primer to use too.. </TD></TR></TABLE>

does that primer come in a spray can too lol? from auto zone :-P
Old 08-12-2007, 10:35 PM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by integrax97 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

does that primer come in a spray can too lol? from auto zone :-P</TD></TR></TABLE>
u got it. you'd probably be surprised how much stuff comes in spray cans.... lol

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Jason- &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">What kind of material did you use as body filler? Just Bondo? Or something better to be more flexible? My car is a DD.

-Jason</TD></TR></TABLE>

i dont personally use "bondo" brand body filler...
Rage Evercoat lightweight body filler is highly recommended, i just happened to pick up the 3M brand body filler.

i use those first, then i go back with the Evercoat metal glaze and use over the body filler wherever i need. it can be applied to the metal, primer, body filler... easy to use for detailing and stuff like that....
Old 08-12-2007, 11:02 PM
Honda-Tech Member

how do you do that multiple quote ****. ive been wondering forever lol....

haha ill pick some of that **** up later... so why didnt you just spray alittle primer over the **** you welded when you get all done and its cooled off? Is that something that can be done or is that a bad idea? just an idea to help it from rusting through :-P
Old 08-12-2007, 11:15 PM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by integrax97 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote"> so why didnt you just spray alittle primer over the **** you welded when you get all done and its cooled off? Is that something that can be done or is that a bad idea? just an idea to help it from rusting through :-P</TD></TR></TABLE>

well because this is my first bay to shave.. on me.. and this is the first body work ive literally done in 2 years... so im a bit rusty myself...

there is more 1 way to do all this...

they even have weld through primer which u can spray on the metal before u weld.. that helps some..

or u can spray regular primer after u weld if u want, but then u're probably gonna go back and grind.. then add body filler... then ur supposed to prime...

i dunno.. whatever... lol..
Old 08-13-2007, 12:52 AM
Honda-Tech Member

why type of grinder did you use to grind down the metal after welding, im trying to figure out which one to buy. let me know what you suggest. I dont have these tools on hand so im buying them as i go. thanks for all the help brotha, your car is looking sick as expletive
Old 08-13-2007, 08:09 AM
Honda-Tech Member

i used 2 different kinds..

this one for the hard stuff: angle grinder
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Angle_grinder

and a die grinder for the other small things, i added a 3" pad with 3" 36 grit abrasive discs
http://cgi.ebay.com/SNAP-ON-BL...wItem

Old 08-13-2007, 12:18 PM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by hondaZvic &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">i used 2 different kinds..

this one for the hard stuff: angle grinder
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Angle_grinder

and a die grinder for the other small things, i added a 3" pad with 3" 36 grit abrasive discs
http://cgi.ebay.com/SNAP-ON-BL...wItem

</TD></TR></TABLE>

sweet, thanks. What do you mean small things? is that what you used to get the paint off the frame to bare metal so you can weld it? or what?
Old 08-13-2007, 01:16 PM

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by hondaZvic &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">
i dont personally use "bondo" brand body filler...
Rage Evercoat lightweight body filler is highly recommended, i just happened to pick up the 3M brand body filler.

i use those first, then i go back with the Evercoat metal glaze and use over the body filler wherever i need. it can be applied to the metal, primer, body filler... easy to use for detailing and stuff like that....</TD></TR></TABLE>

Will "Bondo" brand filler crack easily if used for a DD... in the engine bay?

-Jason
Old 08-13-2007, 06:08 PM
Honda-Tech Member

i wouldnt say it would crack easily... it just depends on how u mix it, and how u drive too... i guess... im actually ending up with alot more filler in the bay than i had intended.. but i guess ill see how it turns out...

hopefully it dont, but if it does mess up, i guess ill do it over again.. ahhaha
Old 08-13-2007, 06:21 PM
Honda-Tech Member

damn I wish I had the ***** and knowledge to do a "semi" wire tuck.

Old 08-13-2007, 06:21 PM

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by hondaZvic &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">i wouldnt say it would crack easily... it just depends on how u mix it, and how u drive too... i guess... im actually ending up with alot more filler in the bay than i had intended.. but i guess ill see how it turns out...

hopefully it dont, but if it does mess up, i guess ill do it over again.. ahhaha</TD></TR></TABLE>

Lol. How much have you used so far? And would you mix Bondo brand with more or less hardener(than recommended)?

-Jason
Old 08-13-2007, 09:59 PM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Jason- &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

Lol. How much have you used so far? And would you mix Bondo brand with more or less hardener(than recommended)?

-Jason</TD></TR></TABLE>

lol, i've used quite a bit so far... but consider i've sanded more.... lol...

as for the amount of hardener to use... i dont know the rule of thumb.. but its very little. when u mix it, it should be hard after a minute i would say...
Old 08-13-2007, 09:59 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (Hiii Im TYLER)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Hiii Im TYLER &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">damn I wish I had the ***** and knowledge to do a "semi" wire tuck.

</TD></TR></TABLE>

just start, then u will learn.
Old 08-13-2007, 10:27 PM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by integrax97 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

sweet, thanks. What do you mean small things? is that what you used to get the paint off the frame to bare metal so you can weld it? or what?</TD></TR></TABLE>

forgot about me
Old 08-14-2007, 12:09 AM
Honda-Tech Member

ahhahaha, my bad homie...

the big electric grinder is more useful for grinding down the welds.

then the small air grinder w/36 grit pads is good for stripping paint mainly, also good for grinding metal clean so u can weld it...
Old 08-14-2007, 12:50 AM
Honda-Tech Member

nice, thats what i thought, thanks
Old 08-15-2007, 10:56 AM
Honda-Tech Member

ok....

brake parts ordered.. $246....
Old 08-16-2007, 06:28 PM

Can you find some pictures from other sites and show me what you've bought for the brake lines?

-Jason
Old 08-16-2007, 11:47 PM
Honda-Tech Member

what kinda brake parts did you order?
Old 08-17-2007, 10:47 AM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by integrax97 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">what kinda brake parts did you order? </TD></TR></TABLE>
fancy ones

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Jason- &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Can you find some pictures from other sites and show me what you've bought for the brake lines?

-Jason</TD></TR></TABLE>
http://store.summitracing.com/...w=sku
Old 08-17-2007, 11:58 AM
Honda-Tech Member

you can get brake line at most hardware stores as well in various lengths and diameter with the fittings.

Quick Reply: just another wire tuck....