Notices
Appearance Build Threads Showcase and discussion for projects and theme cars.

Just Another EJ6 Hatch De-Rice Story

Search this Thread

Old 08-19-2011, 11:09 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: Just Another EJ6 Hatch De-Rice Story

Even with the interest, that price isn't too out of line with what some people want for their EK's in similar or worse condition here in AZ or So Cal... give the kid a break you guys.

Anyway... good luck with the project and that library internet, LOL.
Old 08-23-2011, 09:53 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by charginMAHlazr
continue with the de-ricing man. i cant stand people that take short cuts. do it once so you dont have to do it again
it will get there eventually, given time andmoney haha, i did it quickly because i do plan on doing it again in the future but the whole car instead, in the same color. its just i dont want to look at red right now

Originally Posted by bigrob119
Even with the interest, that price isn't too out of line with what some people want for their EK's in similar or worse condition here in AZ or So Cal... give the kid a break you guys.

Anyway... good luck with the project and that library internet, LOL.
thanks man and this post is comming from the library so thank public places
Old 08-23-2011, 10:16 AM
Honda-Tech Member

well here goes the next update powered directly by public internet.

so i once again headed to the junkyard and found i great piece the was making my interior an eyesore. the piece is the climate control bezel in great shape and for only $5, couldnt get any better, well actually it could but u get my point.

and because i am what they call a big boy, i had to tear the car apart to fit well and reach the harnesses behind.

the good

the bad

the process

the deliciousness

now there is no more random vent square in the hole
Old 08-29-2011, 12:13 AM
Honda-Tech Member

man so i go to the junkyard, its becoming obvious of were i spend most of my time now, and cant believe i overlooked a piece on the same car that i got the climate bezel from and also i had been wanting for a while now. an armrest that wasn't completely thrashed and all for 10 bucks! talk about luck. one thing though, it was really dirty so i busted out the turtle wax and Windex and got to work.

the find

the yucky

the stuff

clean

grody

cleaned out

in the car

the fabric is almost the same as the seats and the cleaner leaves one of the freshest smells i have ever smelled. time to enjoy some comfort.
Old 08-30-2011, 12:58 PM
Honda-Tech Member

well heres another udate that i forgot to post but while at the the yard the last time, i got some plastic int. pieces that where not the same color on my car. both free haha.

its obviuos who the goose is.

new piece and matching

not the same

the almost the same

now please dont give me hell cus i put a cruise switch in there, i know there's none in the car but i'd rather have matching pieces than off color ones. just how my mind works.
Old 09-07-2011, 02:17 PM
Honda-Tech Member

so this weekend was fun, went to the beach, hell yes. but anyways, we all know that once a cat is dead, there is no bringing it back. so that being the case i had the common p0420 CEL. so i had to get a new converter. i never noticed it before but once i finally paid attention to the exhaust mani heat shield i saw that it had been molested badly and then i discovered why.

the molesting

WTF!!!

the new one

so as you guys can see, the manifold did the usual crack in the middle and some noobs tried to weld it back together. everyone knows u cant weld cast iron, it needs to be steel for it to come out clean. u can still see the crack in the second pic which is where im guessing the gas was escaping through resulting in the CEL being on. as for the new manifold, i did my research and saw the some "x" brand manifolds were recommended on other sites and were actually a good product on eBay and cheaper than the stealership.
Old 09-15-2011, 11:06 AM
Honda-Tech Member

I've noticed that i have wandered off the objective of this story by not tackling the paint and fart can first but i guess since i cant see it when i'm driving it doesn't really bother me much for now. so because of that i'm tackling the inside first since its where i spend most of the time that i'm with the car.

but anyways, i have the next update. so the deal was that i never liked how aftermarket stereos look in where the original spot is so i went to the junkyard and got myself the original stereo connection and ordered an aftermarket connector and block off plate. as you can guess, i relocated my stereo and this is how it went. oh and since i have no fancy tools, just the basics, i busted out the BFK to trim the areas i needed.

one less complete harness at the junkyard, sorry...

a honda goodie

installed, already looks way cleaner IMO

my custom harness

test fitting and not liking

hack job that i did with the Big F****n Knife that wont be seen

and the result. i likie. and with the remote in my hand, there is no need to reach.

although i like the look, i dont like the fact the my lid thing there is broken. it shall be fixed sooner than later.

Last edited by V.MoMO; 05-15-2014 at 12:49 AM.
Old 09-15-2011, 06:57 PM
Honda-Tech Member

where did you buy that manifold from?
good luck on the build
Old 09-15-2011, 10:12 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by r_Senik
where did you buy that manifold from?
good luck on the build
believe it or not, eBay. some "Tennessee Auto" or something close to that. perfect fit and way easier to install than the OEM one, cheaper too. after doing some research on google, i saw that many people had bought from them and had great results. oh and thanks
Old 09-15-2011, 10:59 PM
Honda-Tech Member

It's coming along well man keep up the work on her. The bumpers where a much needed improvement
Old 09-16-2011, 12:00 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by mattrt09
It's coming along well man keep up the work on her. The bumpers where a much needed improvement
i know, it completely gave her a new look. it will at least hold up till i get a full paint job. thanks MON!
Old 09-16-2011, 08:53 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Damn I like the build, were do you get all this stock parts at?
Old 09-16-2011, 08:55 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Like the build, were did you get all the stock parts from?
Old 09-16-2011, 09:19 AM
PSU
formerly DxHatchback

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

Looking good buddy.

Keep it up.
Old 09-16-2011, 09:23 AM
Daughter not possible

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Buddy I hate to be a little negative, as I understand used cars in general especially Hondas cost more than they did 5 years ago... but even for that price you could have gotten a way better starting point. It just has way too much random broken ****.

This honestly sounds like a case of the "first car you ran across" or "the easiest to take home." so you did it. Please tell us you're not making payments.
Old 09-16-2011, 09:48 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by Ej1Patrickk
Damn I like the build, were do you get all this stock parts at?
thanks
well i spend a lot of my time in junkyards and go about every week. i know around what time they start moving out cars so i jump on the good stuff a lot of the time, plus my local one has super cheap prices. also my super friend EBAY, you just gotta know how to research before you buy.

Originally Posted by PSU
Looking good buddy.

Keep it up.

Originally Posted by Rude Awakening
Buddy I hate to be a little negative, as I understand used cars in general especially Hondas cost more than they did 5 years ago... but even for that price you could have gotten a way better starting point. It just has way too much random broken ****.

This honestly sounds like a case of the "first car you ran across" or "the easiest to take home." so you did it. Please tell us you're not making payments.

well it doesnt matter if its negative or not, negative has rolled off me like bacon bits since forever haha, but to answer some questions, yeah i know it was in rough shape but around here u gotta be quick when buying these cars because they arent sold too often, not even by people on the street and thats because lifted diesel are whats "cool" around here also more useful with the snow. i also saw past all of the bad and saw the good, not much but something told me yes.

the base price was 2400 but because i was a "first time buyer" the interest was huge. i didnt need to buy it as i had 95 coupe at the time but i have always loved hatchbacks so i wanted to try my luck. as for the easiest to take home, well the lot approves anyone at any time because they are of the repo type so whatever money they make off down payments or any payments after that benefits them because they'll get the car back sell it to someone else and gain more money.

my main reason was to build credit, if i would have bought off the street i would have got squat. as for the payments, i have had the car for just over a year now and got 800 dollars to go on it so yeah i was/am making payments. is that bad?
Old 09-17-2011, 04:46 AM
Daughter not possible

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by V.MoMO

well it doesnt matter if its negative or not, negative has rolled off me like bacon bits since forever haha, but to answer some questions, yeah i know it was in rough shape but around here u gotta be quick when buying these cars because they arent sold too often, not even by people on the street and thats because lifted diesel are whats "cool" around here also more useful with the snow. i also saw past all of the bad and saw the good, not much but something told me yes.

the base price was 2400 but because i was a "first time buyer" the interest was huge. i didnt need to buy it as i had 95 coupe at the time but i have always loved hatchbacks so i wanted to try my luck. as for the easiest to take home, well the lot approves anyone at any time because they are of the repo type so whatever money they make off down payments or any payments after that benefits them because they'll get the car back sell it to someone else and gain more money.

my main reason was to build credit, if i would have bought off the street i would have got squat. as for the payments, i have had the car for just over a year now and got 800 dollars to go on it so yeah i was/am making payments. is that bad?
Well, I'd still call it a "wanted it badly fell in love" type of deal. And are you sure the dealer is reporting to the credit bureaus? Most dealers (atleast here) that sell that type of car on payment plans, usually are buy here pay here(which dont report credit). A real finance company wont usually give you a car loan on something that cost/age. You usually have to take out a small personal loan for that kind of car, if not paying cash. Only if they later sold your loan terms to a creditor, would you then get credit reports sent in. If they didn't credit check you...I mean OFFICIALLY run your credit then it's buy here pay here. They use the same terms such as "apporoved" "loan" and "credit" as a regular finance dealership, but it's not the same. Moreover, if that's the case, and it's buy here pay here, then that "first time buyer" is some BS they fed you because you 1.) volunteered information and 2.) gave signs that you wanted the car too badly. And I can't believe they put something on their lot in that shape.

Either way it's good that it's mostly paid for. If it's a credit reporting dealer, you should have great credit for having paid for a relatively cheap car. If not, well the car is yours and you got more money freed up to mod it, which is always good.

But hey, atleast you had an engine...I didn't have one in my car when I got it.
Old 09-17-2011, 08:13 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by Rude Awakening
Well, I'd still call it a "wanted it badly fell in love" type of deal. And are you sure the dealer is reporting to the credit bureaus? Most dealers (atleast here) that sell that type of car on payment plans, usually are buy here pay here(which dont report credit). A real finance company wont usually give you a car loan on something that cost/age. You usually have to take out a small personal loan for that kind of car, if not paying cash. Only if they later sold your loan terms to a creditor, would you then get credit reports sent in. If they didn't credit check you...I mean OFFICIALLY run your credit then it's buy here pay here. They use the same terms such as "apporoved" "loan" and "credit" as a regular finance dealership, but it's not the same. Moreover, if that's the case, and it's buy here pay here, then that "first time buyer" is some BS they fed you because you 1.) volunteered information and 2.) gave signs that you wanted the car too badly. And I can't believe they put something on their lot in that shape.

Either way it's good that it's mostly paid for. If it's a credit reporting dealer, you should have great credit for having paid for a relatively cheap car. If not, well the car is yours and you got more money freed up to mod it, which is always good.

But hey, atleast you had an engine...I didn't have one in my car when I got it.
well that dealership sent me to another place which is a finance place and have been paying there since, have never needed to go back to the lot. looked the place up online and they clearly state to what agencies they report to, although i don't remember right now. that lot had worse cars than this one, yes its possible haha but i think it was a up and coming small business because since then they have gotten a way bigger lot and way better cars. must be going good for them.

as for fell in love wanted it badly, i guess you could say that. people even my own parents give/ gave me so much crap but they didn't have the vision i did.
i still i bought a good car that just had cosmetic problems because i have put close to 20K on it and has given me 0 problems. as for no engine well thats where build thread come from haha.
Old 09-17-2011, 02:46 PM
Honda-Tech Member

a little update here. so because i took out the bolt from the door ajar sensor, my dome light was weirding out on me so i set out to experiment and came out with great results. i repined the dome light plug so that it will only turn on in the middle setting(door). and off on the other two. also trimmed around to make it fit more snug.

the trimming

before and after, the plastic is so brittle that it chipped a little

little mod to complete the circuit

didnt take picture of the final result but here is an old photo that shows what happened
Old 09-19-2011, 10:42 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Why don't you get a consol wike this

Old 09-23-2011, 07:20 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by rulemaker
Why don't you get a consol wike this

i do want one of those but they are hard to find in light gray and for a not so ridiculous price
Old 09-23-2011, 09:07 AM
Honda-Tech Member

i do want one of those but they are hard to find in light gray and for a not so ridiculous price
Light Gray is the easiest to obtained for under a 100 bucks, dark gray is the hardest, because no one wants to sell em.
Old 09-25-2011, 03:31 AM
Honda-Tech Member

I have 2 of those, and I coud send you one of them
Old 09-25-2011, 05:15 AM
Honda-Tech Member

good luck with the build i ran into some of the same things with my wifes eg i hate when people half *** stuff..thats why i got a bone stock ek off an old guy
Old 09-25-2011, 05:43 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Not trying to be a douche bag, but you couldn't get approved for a nicer car? I don't think I'd take a loan out on an old civic that needs a lot to look good. Good luck though.

Quick Reply: Just Another EJ6 Hatch De-Rice Story