Notices
Appearance Build Threads Showcase and discussion for projects and theme cars.

...:::GABEBAUMAN FINALLY HAS A REASON FOR A BUILD THREAD:::...

Search this Thread

Old 05-28-2008, 09:21 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: ...:::GABEBAUMAN FINALLY HAS A REASON FOR A BUILD THREAD:::... (MJobe)

wtf...
Old 05-28-2008, 09:28 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Re: ...:::GABEBAUMAN FINALLY HAS A REASON FOR A BUILD THREAD:::... (MJobe)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by MJobe &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Gabe they stole your sig !</TD></TR></TABLE>

Bummer...I was wondering when that was gonna happen. I've been about 150 characters over the limit ever since they changed the limit.
I guess it's time for something fancy-fresh.

Can I link to my garage?
Old 05-29-2008, 10:10 AM

Default Re: ...:::GABEBAUMAN FINALLY HAS A REASON FOR A BUILD THREAD:::... (dinko)

Woohoo about time Gabe! I can't wait to get some wrenchin in on this, and then drive the **** out of it. It should be a blast! Any idea how much heavier this setup will be than your D16?

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by dinko &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">that kid at ace hardware is gonna be your new best friend lol </TD></TR></TABLE>

haha that was me. I'd go in constantly and he'd say "Still working on that car?" "YEP!"
At least now I go in less frequently and I can say it runs
Old 05-29-2008, 10:19 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: ...:::GABEBAUMAN FINALLY HAS A REASON FOR A BUILD THREAD:::... (khaosman)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by khaosman &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Woohoo about time Gabe! I can't wait to get some wrenchin in on this, and then drive the **** out of it. It should be a blast! Any idea how much heavier this setup will be than your D16?</TD></TR></TABLE>

You should stop by and check it out.

It's maybe 100-200 lbs heavier. I don't know...that's just a guess.
It sure was heavy when me and Dinko lifted it into the truck and back out again to put on the engine stand.

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by khaosman &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">I'd go in constantly and he'd say "Still working on that car?" "YEP!"</TD></TR></TABLE>

That kid was awesome, (blond kid with glasses and chops)? He didn't even charge me full price for all the bolts.

Even better is the fact that I can basically ride my bike up the street if I need to go when my car is down.

Modified by gabebauman at 1:33 PM 5/29/2008
Old 05-29-2008, 10:51 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: ...:::GABEBAUMAN FINALLY HAS A REASON FOR A BUILD THREAD:::... (gabebauman)

ace hardware &gt; walmart anyday cuz at ace you can slash your own prices! haha. and even if you don't the cashier will do it for you. lol that kid was comical. he deserves a lifetime achievement award.
Old 05-29-2008, 01:29 PM
GO GIANTS!

Default Re: ...:::GABEBAUMAN FINALLY HAS A REASON FOR A BUILD THREAD:::... (gabebauman)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by gabebauman &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Even better is the fact that I can basically ride my bike up the street if I need to go when my car is down.</TD></TR></TABLE>

Now that is lucky. I usually have to steal my moms car to go 2 miles to the nearest auto supplier.
Old 05-29-2008, 02:49 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: ...:::GABEBAUMAN FINALLY HAS A REASON FOR A BUILD THREAD:::... (khaosman)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by khaosman &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Woohoo about time Gabe! I can't wait to get some wrenchin in on this, and then drive the **** out of it. It should be a blast! Any idea how much heavier this setup will be than your D16? </TD></TR></TABLE>

H = 123lb short block
B = 104lb short block
D = 100lb short block + oil pan

Old 05-29-2008, 02:54 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: ...:::GABEBAUMAN FINALLY HAS A REASON FOR A BUILD THREAD:::... (SanSational)

oooo droppin mad knowledge!!!
Old 05-29-2008, 09:15 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: ...:::GABEBAUMAN FINALLY HAS A REASON FOR A BUILD THREAD:::... (dinko)

I removed the alternator brackets from the block and popped the valve cover off to check out the insides. Looks pretty good. Also disassembled the fuel rail from the intake manifold and cleaned it up a bit. Does anybody have an extra B16 fuel rail laying around that I can have? I like that style better than the one that came on this intake manifold.

I'll have some pix tomorrow morning. I'm gonna go make some pop-corn and finish watching RAMBO III.
Old 05-29-2008, 09:29 PM
Honda-Tech Member

pm'd
Old 05-29-2008, 09:42 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: ...:::GABEBAUMAN FINALLY HAS A REASON FOR A BUILD THREAD:::... (HondamanXxX)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by HondamanXxX &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

Now that is lucky. I usually have to steal my moms car to go 2 miles to the nearest auto supplier. </TD></TR></TABLE>

Get me a cheezburga and some wahful fries... BITCH
Old 05-29-2008, 09:44 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: ...:::GABEBAUMAN FINALLY HAS A REASON FOR A BUILD THREAD:::... (SanSational)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by SanSational &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

Get me a cheezburga and some wahful fries... BITCH </TD></TR></TABLE>

George's Chili King is right across the street. YUMMM!
Old 05-29-2008, 11:37 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Awesome deal Gabe! Goodluck...were all subscribed!

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by gabebauman &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

George's Chili King is right across the street. YUMMM!</TD></TR></TABLE>

George the Chili King is the shiat!!! So close...so Good...will make you pooop!!!
Old 05-30-2008, 04:47 AM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by gabebauman &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

George's Chili King is right across the street. YUMMM!</TD></TR></TABLE>

I was referring to his avatar. haha. Anyways, Gabe, I'll let you know about the fuel rail.
Old 05-30-2008, 05:49 AM
GO GIANTS!

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by SanSational &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

Get me a cheezburga and some wahful fries... BITCH </TD></TR></TABLE>

FOR FREE!!

Check out the inside joke Gabe. http://youtube.com/watch?v=0dJu1Jj7VTw Check out #2,3,4. Pretty funny.
Old 05-30-2008, 06:42 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: ...:::GABEBAUMAN FINALLY HAS A REASON FOR A BUILD THREAD:::... (HondamanXxX)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by HondamanXxX &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Check out the inside joke Gabe. </TD></TR></TABLE>

Yeah...I watched some of it. That fella has a filthy mouth.
Old 05-30-2008, 06:43 AM
GO GIANTS!

IT'S JUST A JOKE! GOD
Old 05-30-2008, 07:02 AM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by HondamanXxX &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">IT'S JUST A JOKE!</TD></TR></TABLE>

Robin Williams, Bill Cosby, Eddie Murphy, Richard Pryor, Chris Rock, Rodney Dangerfield, Sam Kinison, & George Carlin are/were comedians.

That cheeseburger guy is boring.

Old 05-30-2008, 07:14 AM
GO GIANTS!

I changed it now. Happy?
Old 05-30-2008, 07:34 AM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by HondamanXxX &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">I changed it now. Happy?</TD></TR></TABLE>

HAHAHA...that is AWESOME!
Old 05-30-2008, 07:54 AM
GO GIANTS!

Old 05-30-2008, 08:09 AM
Honda-Tech Member

<FONT COLOR="red">05/29/08</FONT>
A before picture of the intake manifold so I can compare once it's all cleaned up.

Cleaned up the fuel rail a bit last night but hoping to replace it with a stock B16 rail, I like the look of the B16 rail better,
(looks just like the stock D16Y8).

Does anybody know if I need a screw or something to go in that little hole on top of the gold colored thingy?

Popped the valve cover off to inspect the camshafts and what not.
Looks pretty clean in there, (I couldn't decide which pix I wanted to post so I'll just show them all).

Hopefully I can pick my tranny and some other misc. parts up this weekend or next week.
Old 05-30-2008, 08:24 AM
Honda-Tech Member

what are your plans for the build with the b20
Old 05-30-2008, 08:28 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: ...:::GABEBAUMAN FINALLY HAS A REASON FOR A BUILD THREAD:::... (AMLS4dr200whp)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by AMLS4dr200whp &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">what are your plans for the build with the b20 </TD></TR></TABLE>

Keeping it pretty simple. Internally stock for now but throwing a 98 Spec ITR tranny on it. My main goal right now is to get it cleaned up, assembled, in the car and running so I can beat on it at solo events.
Old 05-30-2008, 09:39 AM
Honda-Tech Member

I'm gonna start a build thread. Show my break pad swap I'm about to go do.

Quick Reply: ...:::GABEBAUMAN FINALLY HAS A REASON FOR A BUILD THREAD:::...