Notices
Appearance Build Threads Showcase and discussion for projects and theme cars.

ErMaK's CB7 Accord Build Thread

Search this Thread

Old 07-13-2014, 08:49 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default ErMaK's CB7 Accord Build Thread

Hey everyone! I have never made a build thread before but I figure that its long overdue and about time. I have been into Honda/Acura for many many years and have owned several cars ranging from an EG, EF, 2 DAs and now a CB. I've also owned an IS300 and I currently own a C5 Corvette as my "pleasure" vehicle. My CB Accord is currently my daily driver but I can't seem to own a car and not modify it in some way so I've been fixing it up a little here and there when I have the money.

So a little back history on the Accord. It is a 1992 Honda Accord EX. Arcadia Green Pearl with Tan interior. Car is a 5 speed manual. I purchased the car from my friend's Dad for $500. It had 190K on the clock. Everything worked on it and it ran great. Tires were practically brand new. All it really needed was a little TLC.

Well originally my plans were to leave it stock and just tint the windows but I have not fixed up a Honda in years so I figured why the heck not. For now its just simple bolt-ons but I plan to boost it eventually, I already have some of the turbo parts(no pics just yet) so I'm hope'n to have it turbo by the end of the year, but with me going back to school for the first time in a decade and money being a little tight I may have to wait a little longer on some things, but we shall see. Comments/Questions are welcome

- Andrew

Here are some pics of the car when I first got it. It had sat under a tree for a little over a year and boy did it look rough, however I knew it had potential. First and foremost. I only paid $500 for this car so no way am I going to spend big money on expensive parts. One of my Integras I put over $8k into it and didn't get hardly anything out of it, all because I wanted to have name brand stuff on my car. That crap is for the birds. Honestly if you are actually hardcore racing your car or something along those lines, then YES spend the extra cash and get the decent parts, but if you just daily drive your car and maybe get on it occasionally then there is no reason to spend tons of money on some HKS Hipermax Coilovers or whatever just so you can name drop at the local car meet. If someone has a problem with your car, then to heck with them. Its YOUR car and YOU drive it all the time. They don't have to live with it, and if you want eBay stuff then do it! I and lots of my friends have used eBay parts and have never ran into any real problems with them and if you do, its cheap enough to where you dont feel bad about the money spent and you can always either modify it to work again or just buy another one cause they are cheap but build your car within your own budget. Have a plan and goal for the car and build it accordingly. My goal is the have a clean, boosted daily driver. As long as I like it, I could care less what brand is on my ride. Going fast or whatever is not a concern of mine. If I want to go fast or feel power then I'll just get in my Corvette and burn the tires off on it. Ok so thats my soapbox. Just want to let people know that you can build a nice street car for very little money. Something that I've never really seen anyone do before is post how much they actually spent on everything. IDK but I plan to let everyone know what I paid for things as a way to help people see that you can stay in the "game" and not spend a fortune. Also it helps to have some mechanical knowledge or know some people that can work on cars as this will help with labor costs tremendously. Here is my mod list...

Exterior - Arcadia Green Pearl
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
DEPO Amber Corner Lenses - $40

JDM Amber Side Marker Lights(Not Installed) - $20

eBay MG Style Front Lip(apparently I was sent one for a 94+ Accord, so it dont fit, but I'm going to get a Legend coupe lip from a friend for cheap). - $75

Nokya 7000K Acrtic White Low Beam Headlight Bulbs - $15

Nokya 2500K Yellow High Beam Headlight Bulbs - $15

15% Window Tint(still have to get the back window done. had some trouble with it bubbling up in the corners). - $25

eBay Mesh Front Grille - $22

Debadged Accord and EX Emblems - FREE

17" Motegi M7 Wheels w/ brand new tires - $350

GReddy License Plate Frame - $10
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Interior - Tan
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Type R Style Shift **** - $10

Pioneer CD Player, Pioneer 6.5 Front Speakers, Pioneer 6x9 Rear Speakers ($100 for all 3 @ Walmart.com)

MTX Magnum Amp & 2 10" MTX Magnum Subwoofers in ported box - $180

4 Gauge Amp Wire Kit - $40
Chasis - CB7
OEM Replacement Shocks - $100

eBay Lowering Springs - $55

eBay Front & Rear Camber Kit - $75

eBay Front & Rear Tow Hooks(only rear is installed currently) - $30

eBay Front & Rear Strut Bars, Rear Lower Tie Bar(rear strut bar not installed) - $74
Engine - F22A6
eBay Short Ram Intake - $33

eBay Catback Exhaust - $113

I am currently piecing together a DSM turbo kit. I have a good friend that is big into DSM stuff and he has a bunch of parts laying around so he is hooking me up with some things. Currently I have a 14B turbo and a 1G Eclipse Turbo Manifold & Downpipe. I dont see him that often because of our work schedules and family and such but I try and get a new part from him when I can. Still need a BOV, Intercooler, Injectors, Oil lines, and a few other things. I plan to run a P06 ECU chipped with CHROME for my tuning.

I'm sure that I have bored everyone enough so here are the pics of my car.

Last edited by ErMaK; 07-13-2014 at 09:48 PM.
Old 07-13-2014, 08:59 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: ErMaK's CB7 Accord Build Thread

Looks like alot of cleaning. Get the timing belt done first, before you mod anything of coarse. Fuel filter, and a tune up she should be in great shape then.. Interior looks decent. I actually like this model of the accord. Good find.
Old 07-13-2014, 09:52 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Yes it was a bunch of cleaning and still has lots left to go but its getting there. The timing belt, water pump, spark plugs, and all that good stuff was done pretty much right after I got the car.
Old 07-14-2014, 08:30 AM
Honda-Tech Member

I like this year, looks like a good start