Notices
Appearance Build Threads Showcase and discussion for projects and theme cars.

Eli's Formula Red - 99 Civic Coupe - "resto-mod" *slow progress / quality parts*

Search this Thread

Old 09-30-2016, 10:25 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: Eli's Formula Red - 99 Civic Coupe - "resto-mod" *slow progress / quality parts*

Originally Posted by SMOKINGHONDA
Amazing work! Everything I am trying to do to mine right now.

On that note I was wondering where you sourced your fuel tank straps and OE hardware? I had to buy a whole new tank and ditch the old straps and hardware as they were just to damage to reuse.
I bought them new from the local Honda dealership I work for.. AFH would have them too! if not on hand they'd be able to source them easily I'm sure
Old 10-11-2017, 06:17 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Eli's Formula Red - 99 Civic Coupe - "resto-mod" *slow progress / quality parts*

Since my last update my girl and I split up so I got my car and myself moved into my new duplex and have since started going back together with random stuff I have around the house.

Current Status

Trunk wiring is "complete" less wiring up the EDM rear fog light, have the side panels power washed in prep for dye, just need to cut out for the rear **** bar first

Leaving myself little love notes

Sound control in the rear quarter panel

Single layer of GT Mat (economically priced dynamat that Preston turned me on to)

HVAC stuff mocked up before I bleed the brake lines to ensure everything clears properly

Brand new harnesses going in

Single layer of GT Mat on the roof

KW V3's installed as well as the rear bumper spats

ITR trans just needs some cleaning on the exterior

DC2 Koyorad with misc Spoon goodies

Need to polish the **** bar still... just liked this random corner of the bay

Old 10-12-2017, 01:55 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 25 Likes on 22 Posts

looking good. I can offer some additional products depending on what your goals are with the sound deadening
Old 10-13-2017, 07:31 AM
Honda-Tech Member

As far as sound deadening I have all that I want to put in. Lizard Skin on the floor and firewall, GT Mat where it will be and then the sound booth sound deadening in place in the quarters. Thanks though!
Old 10-13-2017, 03:51 PM
Sanji

Received 35 Likes on 31 Posts

So bad ***, bud.
Old 10-13-2017, 05:07 PM
------------

This is really nice. In for this.
Old 10-13-2017, 06:16 PM
No Jodas

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts

Great job so far. Sorry to hear about the last minute living situation but at least the car has a safe place to sleep.
Old 10-14-2017, 08:29 PM
Steve at Heart

Received 10 Likes on 7 Posts

Excellent build so far.
Old 10-15-2017, 04:02 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

i like what you did with the rear sound deadener, thanks for the idea!
Old 10-16-2017, 05:53 AM
Honda-Tech Member

I love what I'm seeing here. Excellent work!
Old 10-18-2017, 08:37 AM
Honda-Tech Member

I have one problem with this build
I cannot send my car to get this same treatment

keep it up
Old 01-23-2018, 11:06 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by trinib20
I have one problem with this build
I cannot send my car to get this same treatment

keep it up
x2.

Btw, I have never saw anyone putting that kind of sound deadening in the back of the car. How come you have one version at the rear, and other version at the doors?

Excellent build.
Old 04-02-2018, 08:22 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by Josip.
x2.

Btw, I have never saw anyone putting that kind of sound deadening in the back of the car. How come you have one version at the rear, and other version at the doors?

Excellent build.
so the idea behind the sound deadening is the studio foam should help cut down on road vibration noise and just overall road noise that comes through the quarter panel area, the reason I didn't do that in the doors is it would potentially prevent the window from operating as it is supposed to. the studio sound deadening should help with interior audio quality also.... (we shall see haha)

PS Thanks for all the kind words everyone!
Old 04-02-2018, 08:41 AM
footwork mastery

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

Nice to see you're still at it, loving the car keep it going
Old 09-14-2018, 10:40 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Been making some progress on the coupe lately so I figured I'd make a small post before a little bigger one after this weekend with more updates on what's been happening. It seems like it's harder for me or I don't focus so much on taking pictures as I work on it anymore but that's probably more cause I get a wild hair up my *** and just start working... so a better update will be had in a few days.

Finally bled the brakes on the car to check for any leaks in the lines on the interior and to get it moved forward... this turned out to be a huge step that was blocking progress of the car so I'm really glad I got that done and can move ahead now

I started by removing the old EPT foam from the heater box and other under dash boxes

Remnants of the tape holding the old **** on

yes I used my kitchen cutting board to slice up the EPT foam lol

new foam applied to the heater box

Heater, AC and blower motor mocked in there, just a couple bolts to fasten it all down yet to be 100% in there

Started to mock up the underhood fusebox that will be now behind the glove box... errr... take place of the glove box essentially... more on that next post

crappy phone picture from the top where it's mounted where the airbag used to be

On to something fun (to me lol)... little bit of fresh air coming through my vents. Retrofitted an 01 CRV cabin air filter into my AC box. Brand new cage, seal and filter from Honda

Assembled

Ah ****... I knew (no I didn't) this wouldn't be straight and simple...

Had to cut a little half moon into the cage to get it to fit around that connection point on the AC lines

innnnnnstalled... well test fitted sans-filter

now it's installed lol
Old 09-14-2018, 10:55 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 39 Likes on 32 Posts

Really clean looking. Nice job!
Old 09-15-2018, 08:21 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Love it! Can't wait to see the engine in the bay!