Notices
Appearance Build Threads Showcase and discussion for projects and theme cars.

2000 Civic:"D"-aily and Turbo

Search this Thread

Old 03-04-2014, 07:14 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: 2000 EJ8.....STOCKER to .........

So explain the Craigslist comment?
Old 03-04-2014, 03:13 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

When does the wall with 4 12" HDD's go in?
Old 03-04-2014, 05:27 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by doug118
When does the wall with 4 12" HDD's go in?
ha u know it....prolly wont be any bass persay in trunk lol...dont wanna ruin it by making another sound vehicle out of it
Old 03-04-2014, 05:37 PM
Honda-Tech Member

More stuff...just waiting on new hoses too get this in.

Quality stuff right here...love it

So im guessing i just cut my factory radiator plug off and im good?

Wonder whats + and - ...theres a blue and black wire on this fan
Old 03-05-2014, 09:43 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Did 2000 EXs come with swaybars from factory?
Old 03-05-2014, 09:47 AM
Honda-Tech Member

So did 2000 EXs come with factory swaybars? Or did previous owner swap to Si parts?

Old 03-05-2014, 09:50 AM
Honda-Tech Member

NVM....they do...find out something new everyday
Old 03-07-2014, 03:44 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Dat Ontario goodness
Old 03-10-2014, 09:38 AM
Honda-Tech Member

LAMEEEEE...paper everywhere lollol

YESSIRRRR

Dat LOBE tho:

I think ima try too get my radiator in today or tomorrow
Old 03-12-2014, 03:47 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Good luck with those parts
Old 03-13-2014, 02:53 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Got Hood Bra...needs too stretch out a lil more...fit a lil better on drivers side

This shot it makes it look exactly like a Corolla for some reason...YUCK

Last edited by Skip01; 03-13-2014 at 06:06 PM.
Old 03-13-2014, 04:26 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

you should get an OEM lip instead of the one you have right now, it looks a lot better. although, what you have now is one step above the other unpainted mugen rep you put on before.

what other engine mods are you gonna do to go along with that cam + cam gear?
Old 03-13-2014, 04:33 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by .mattyz_
you should get an OEM lip instead of the one you have right now, it looks a lot better. although, what you have now is one step above the other unpainted mugen rep you put on before.

what other engine mods are you gonna do to go along with that cam + cam gear?

Yeh i know...im prolly gonna get a full Si lip and rear lip whenever i repaint whole car...maybe towards end of the year

And i never posted it here but heres the list im going with in a mth or so

D16y8
SRP 10:1 (.20 over)
Eagle Rods
SuperTech valves, springs n retainers
Bisimoto 2.4 cam and cam gear
Skunk2 manifold
Pherable 68mm tb
Go Autoworks Tuner kit
t3/t04b
1000cc injectors
3" Exhaust to 3" turbo WS2
2.5 dp
Recirculated WG
Log Manifold

I think we shooting for 350ish when its all said and done

I wanted to keep AC at all cost and recirculate WG, i hate that sound...i know some love it but not for me

Last edited by Skip01; 12-23-2014 at 05:10 PM.
Old 03-16-2014, 07:36 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Love that silver. Don't change the color.
Old 03-16-2014, 10:30 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by EJ8freek
Love that silver. Don't change the color.
Oh def wont...love the Silver when fresh

Also...after a lil persuading got my brakes on.

Type R calipers
11.1 redrilled to 4x100 rotors
25t bracket machined down too fit clearance

The rotors are a lil too loose for my liking..might get some new ones and redrill here...but they are nice....havent tested out yet.

Had too take off brake dust cover....it was rubbing and no amount of bending helped
Old 03-19-2014, 02:38 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Well after much deliberation...and reading and researching what others have said for opinon.

Decided that solid mounts were not for me....even the softest insert seemed like it would be too hard for what i want this car too be in the end....but i knew i needed somethingggg too hold the power a lil better.

BAM.....RACEHARD.....no no...i mean...wait.....yeh it is...RACEHARD....no...not it

POW....

*Off Road Use only*....yikes

I think this will be a nice compromise for me....not as harsh as solids but a bit firmer than OEMs...which is what i was looking for.
Old 03-23-2014, 11:16 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Finally got around too getting new rad/fan setup in...crazy how much bigger radiator is but still wayyyy less room taken up.

Had too go with new rubber mounts from honda...just because:

Samco hoses...just black, nothing special....new honda clamps....shoulda went hose clamps but meh..didint

To the keen eye you can kinda see the difference in size

Andddd in

Sleek PW:JDM stay to set it off a lil

Now i think that last pic if before i almost lost my mindddd.

So as i turns out...when u turn the petcock all the way in THAT is when its draining lol.

I fought with that **** for an hr....took it ALLLL out and tefloned the bolt and everything.

SOOO dumbbbb of me lol....but its all in and a BEASTTTT....i couldnt get the fan too even come on idling...just the sheer volume of fluid wouldnt let it get hotter than normal op temperature.

Thanks again too GREG at GoAutoworks for smoking deal on this
Old 04-10-2014, 04:35 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Well its been slow times here....just waiting on Turbo kit too get finished...not rushing but just stating where im at.

Still want too get a LSD before i drop car off...but everything else i needed is in possesion

Well for a few weeks i been getting an annoying wind noise come through...i kept thinking it was door seal rubber or whatever.....changed that for OEM new...still windy....i knew the vapor barrier was ripped up from when i took door panel off before .

SOOOOO....bought that new and clips and plugs to hold it...both sides

I stole an idea, well im sure its not just his but i seen him do it, the CRX restoration on here.....and used this to hold the plastic down:

So i didnt get many pics during cuz my hands was tied up but this is during

That caulk works awesome

I tried too get most the dried up stuff off before i put new on.

The wind noise has dropped dramatically but not full gone...i think im just gonna seal a couple of the open vents at bottom of door and see...becuase i cleaned them pretty good before and thats when it started
Old 04-10-2014, 07:53 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 13 Likes on 13 Posts

Clean starting platform!

This build is starting to get some wind in it's sail now. First set of mods was...sorry to say it...working backwords.

The CL comment that was questioned: I believe the poster was eluding to the fact that he thought you were just recklessly throwing any parts you could find locally on the car, without having planned them out or considered their role in the overall goals for the car. Ebay tails and a fugen lip: can't say I blame his motive in posting.... Now, his delivery was a bit harsh though, unproductive, and at best...ambiguous.

Keep the new flow going, keep reading/researching like you obviously are, and this will turn out great, I'm sure!

Best of luck.

PS: Don't listen to the posters that say they like those tails. They are just being nice. 90's have come and gone. Let's move on and keep the Ebay tails for people who don't cruze forums and, thus, have somewhat of an excuse not to have a clue. Sorry bro. Care enough to tell you the truth. Listen to yourself: your even trying to convice yourself to like them as you type. Lose 'em and go back to OEM. I'm sure you can sell them on CL pretty quick. There's a ricer who will buy them on every corner.

Last thing I'll say is...STOP this thread now, and before you move on: finish the title to this thread. Building a project car is serious business. Or, atleast, it should be. It's expensive, and costly on time. The title of this thread says a lot. What is the final goal(s) for this car? How will it look? What will be it's heart? What's it's purpose? Will you race the car? In what class, and how will your engine choice effect that? What is MPG going to look like? How safe will it be and how vulnerable will it be to theft from stage to stage/how will you combat that? How much is the finished result going to cost you? How will you resell it to start your next project (this car is not permanent, everyone on here is a builder, not a maintainer. You'll have your next chassis/platform picked out 2 months before you finish this project. We all do. You'll likely sell it to a local enthusiast, so make every decision/addition now to be a later blessing to them and not a curse). Consider retail for resale. BE STRATEGIC. When it's comes to project cars, "...." doesn't cut it. That's not a plan. Have a plan. Use your money and your time wisely. Finish the title. Then, proceed forward...strategically. Go ahead, finish the title "2000 EJ8...stocker to...---your strategic vision---. Then, OWN that, and make it happen. That's where respect is earned in this game. Owning your vision and working endlessly to bring that vision to fruition. We are all on here to get respect. So, get your plan straight, rather than rambling around for the next 20 pages of this thread with multiple back-tracks, re-do's, plasti-dips, and whoop-sies.

Maybe I'm wrong, maybe you have it all planned out. I"m 32, maybe you aren't like I was when I was 22.

I'm cheering you on! Your going to rock it, I know!

Last edited by OG Wagon; 04-10-2014 at 08:15 PM.
Old 04-11-2014, 05:11 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by OG Wagon
Clean starting platform!

This build is starting to get some wind in it's sail now. First set of mods was...sorry to say it...working backwords.

The CL comment that was questioned: I believe the poster was eluding to the fact that he thought you were just recklessly throwing any parts you could find locally on the car, without having planned them out or considered their role in the overall goals for the car. Ebay tails and a fugen lip: can't say I blame his motive in posting.... Now, his delivery was a bit harsh though, unproductive, and at best...ambiguous.

Keep the new flow going, keep reading/researching like you obviously are, and this will turn out great, I'm sure!

Best of luck.

PS: Don't listen to the posters that say they like those tails. They are just being nice. 90's have come and gone. Let's move on and keep the Ebay tails for people who don't cruze forums and, thus, have somewhat of an excuse not to have a clue. Sorry bro. Care enough to tell you the truth. Listen to yourself: your even trying to convice yourself to like them as you type. Lose 'em and go back to OEM. I'm sure you can sell them on CL pretty quick. There's a ricer who will buy them on every corner.

Last thing I'll say is...STOP this thread now, and before you move on: finish the title to this thread. Building a project car is serious business. Or, atleast, it should be. It's expensive, and costly on time. The title of this thread says a lot. What is the final goal(s) for this car? How will it look? What will be it's heart? What's it's purpose? Will you race the car? In what class, and how will your engine choice effect that? What is MPG going to look like? How safe will it be and how vulnerable will it be to theft from stage to stage/how will you combat that? How much is the finished result going to cost you? How will you resell it to start your next project (this car is not permanent, everyone on here is a builder, not a maintainer. You'll have your next chassis/platform picked out 2 months before you finish this project. We all do. You'll likely sell it to a local enthusiast, so make every decision/addition now to be a later blessing to them and not a curse). Consider retail for resale. BE STRATEGIC. When it's comes to project cars, "...." doesn't cut it. That's not a plan. Have a plan. Use your money and your time wisely. Finish the title. Then, proceed forward...strategically. Go ahead, finish the title "2000 EJ8...stocker to...---your strategic vision---. Then, OWN that, and make it happen. That's where respect is earned in this game. Owning your vision and working endlessly to bring that vision to fruition. We are all on here to get respect. So, get your plan straight, rather than rambling around for the next 20 pages of this thread with multiple back-tracks, re-do's, plasti-dips, and whoop-sies.

Maybe I'm wrong, maybe you have it all planned out. I"m 32, maybe you aren't like I was when I was 22.

I'm cheering you on! Your going to rock it, I know!

Read it all...thanks for such a long and thought out post.

I am also 32 lol...old fuggers.

The title is just that....i have no idea where this is gonna go....its def not gonna be a show or race car.

Ill still argue the Craiglist comment....i have a paint matched lip and some random smoked taillights that are pretty much close to factory....Sure some might not like it...but im trying them out for now
Old 04-14-2014, 06:42 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Anyone think i absolutely needddd a boost gauge?

Im not really thinking i do...someone force me too with opinions of needing

Idk if i posted it but, i bought this cluster bezel that everyone has and has 2 spots for gauges

Right now i have Innovate A/F and Innovate Oil Temp/Pressure for those spots.

i kinda wanna keep is least as possible and not put on on pillar....maybe if i really needed boost, i could do on under the radio...ORRRR was thinking of one in the cup holder with a angle made outta wood so it points to me

Idk...any opinions on that...obviously all the kids are gonna be like BRO...u need dat boost gauge...but im thinking i dont
Old 04-14-2014, 07:45 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Need a boost gauge, no. Is it a good idea yes. I would want to know about any over boost condition as you can easily destroy your block running more than its tuned for. Something as simple as a vacuum line coming off could cause the waste gate to not open or open to early and you'd have no idea... you can find them cheap on the marketplace, no reason to skimp. Also I'd place it somewhere easily visible as you drive, like in that gauge pod. Put the temp sensor elsewhere. Boost changes rapidly, temp not so much
Old 04-14-2014, 03:49 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by ballistic1350
Need a boost gauge, no. Is it a good idea yes. I would want to know about any over boost condition as you can easily destroy your block running more than its tuned for. Something as simple as a vacuum line coming off could cause the waste gate to not open or open to early and you'd have no idea... you can find them cheap on the marketplace, no reason to skimp. Also I'd place it somewhere easily visible as you drive, like in that gauge pod. Put the temp sensor elsewhere. Boost changes rapidly, temp not so much
I was mainly using the Oil gauge for Oil Pressure......it just has temp as well.

Idk...i might get boost gauge
Old 04-15-2014, 04:13 PM
Honda-Tech Member

I forgot to post this and a few others but still racking up parts.

UPDATE!!!!!!: Turbo Kit shouldddd be shipped next week im hearing..so its almost time

I think that should make life a lil easier than a bunch of Ts coming off brake booster lines
Old 04-22-2014, 01:57 PM
Honda-Tech Member

So with all the motor work about to happen i figured if buy as many new parts as i could that wasnt going too be upgraded, all OEM from Honda:

New Oil Pump

New Thermostat:

New Water Pump:

New thermostat housing:

Random gaskets i bought looking at diagrams:

Anything anyone else can recommend to do since the motor will be out and stuff will be easier to get too and no labor costs?

Thanks

Quick Reply: 2000 Civic:"D"-aily and Turbo