Search this Thread

Old 02-13-2005, 12:22 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default what you guys think about a Skunk2 IM for LS motor

considering to get one
my Mods are

b18a motor
ls909 Cams(403s are next dont think these are engought for me)
Aem Cai
greddy MX
Megan Racing 4-2-1
Aem cam gears(0-0) now gotta redynotune
bm FPR

I made 138WHP 121WTQ
NO tunning(dam afc was screwy) and running rich at all RPM
my tuners estimate a good 5-10more whp after tunning

ok now back to track...
Would it be wise to get a Skunk2 IM? on a LS motor?

I have been told by a h-t member with ls909 too in his ls motor..
he said the Skunk2 really made the cams shined.

Btw i am not gonna be reving over 7000 RPM

Thanks

Old 02-13-2005, 12:52 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: what you guys think about a Skunk2 IM for LS motor (importdude2000)

Yes I would say to get it since you have cams! I would also recomend that you up your compression to compliment your cams and send you TB to Maxbore and have them bore it out(only $100!!!!).

The stock IM is good for low and midrange but doesnt fo as well for topend breathing once you have cams; however I have seen ported out LS IM's that brought on bigger gains than the Skunk2 IM, if you want to go that route
Old 02-13-2005, 03:24 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

First of all, most aftermarket camshafts are designed to make power over stock rev limiter.
I suggest prepping your head to take the higher RPM needed to open up any aftermarket all motor camshaft.

Also, when getting camshafts, the way they work are that it lets more air into the motor to get more power. So you have to compliment that with better intake, and flow through the head.
So a better intake manifold, bigger throttle body and head porting would really liven up the whole combination.

If you think the cam is not enough, look into our Race LS cams. the LS909s are street cams and the RACE LS will be a wilder camshaft that is streetable as well but has a wilder idle
Old 02-13-2005, 11:03 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (exospeedAMcrx)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by exospeedAMcrx &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">First of all, most aftermarket camshafts are designed to make power over stock rev limiter.
I suggest prepping your head to take the higher RPM needed to open up any aftermarket all motor camshaft.

Also, when getting camshafts, the way they work are that it lets more air into the motor to get more power. So you have to compliment that with better intake, and flow through the head.
So a better intake manifold, bigger throttle body and head porting would really liven up the whole combination.

If you think the cam is not enough, look into our Race LS cams. the LS909s are street cams and the RACE LS will be a wilder camshaft that is streetable as well but has a wilder idle</TD></TR></TABLE>

yah i am also considering the race ls cams
right now i am just looking for a b16a tranny..
and a full build

btw hey will
its tony from g2ic
Old 02-13-2005, 01:20 PM
Honda-Tech Double Platinum Member

Default Re: (importdude2000)

Whats up dude...im the one that you talked to about the Skunk2 IM a while back. I also have the ls909's...and i wasnt impressed with them at all until i got that IM and a fpr. After i installed the S2 IM and leaned it out a little bit those cams really started to shine. Personally i think that the S2 IM is a good investment and it will allow you to make power easier when you start the bigger mods(larger cams, higher compression, etc). The only thing that i dont like about it is the fact that it doesnt have a provision for the FITV...which is on the side of the LS IM. If i were you id get a GSR tb...those are the only ones that i know of that have the FITV on the actual TB. Its a bitch sitting in your car for 10 minutes in 10 degree weather holding the gas at 2k rpms waiting for it to warm up .

PS-how do you like the Megan racing header? I demolished my JDM DC a while back and this POS chikara just isnt cuttin it. Also, whered you get it?
Old 02-13-2005, 01:37 PM
Honda-Tech Double Platinum Member

Default Re: (exospeedAMcrx)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by exospeedAMcrx &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">If you think the cam is not enough, look into our Race LS cams. the LS909s are street cams and the RACE LS will be a wilder camshaft that is streetable as well but has a wilder idle</TD></TR></TABLE>

Are the RACE cams regrinds too? If so then what are the specs on them...and how do they compare the 403's or the 404's? Im gonna get some wilder cams pretty soon, and ill consider these if theyre comparable to the 404's as far as power and idle quality goes. Id much rather deal with you guys than some company that ive never dealt with.

Ive never had anything but excellent service from Wil and exospeed. Ive bought 2 sets of cams and a x-member from them and all 3 times the customer service was awesome. I give Exospeed . Hows that for a plug...now lets talk discounts
Old 02-13-2005, 05:22 PM

Default Re: (sCeRaXn)

I love my Skunk2. It gave me a noticable amount of top end power. Where it seemed like it was dropping off before, it keeps pulling all the way to 7500 now. It should go nicely with the compression bumped up. You can't go wrong with a Skunk 2 in my opinion.
Old 02-13-2005, 05:27 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (sCeRaXn)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by sCeRaXn &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Whats up dude...im the one that you talked to about the Skunk2 IM a while back. I also have the ls909's...and i wasnt impressed with them at all until i got that IM and a fpr. After i installed the S2 IM and leaned it out a little bit those cams really started to shine. Personally i think that the S2 IM is a good investment and it will allow you to make power easier when you start the bigger mods(larger cams, higher compression, etc). The only thing that i dont like about it is the fact that it doesnt have a provision for the FITV...which is on the side of the LS IM. If i were you id get a GSR tb...those are the only ones that i know of that have the FITV on the actual TB. Its a bitch sitting in your car for 10 minutes in 10 degree weather holding the gas at 2k rpms waiting for it to warm up .

PS-how do you like the Megan racing header? I demolished my JDM DC a while back and this POS chikara just isnt cuttin it. Also, whered you get it?</TD></TR></TABLE>

what gsr tb are you talkiing about?

fpr the megan racing.. i got it on ebay
120 shiped
welds look very nice
i didnt dyno it before after but with all my mods i got 138whp
i have a nasty dip at 4500 tho