All Motor / Naturally Aspirated No power adders

Time for my H23 VTEC Build DD

Search this Thread

Old 04-30-2009, 07:56 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: TiMe FoR mY H23 vTeC bUiLd Dd

[QUOTE=d112crzy;38359591]
Originally Posted by crazes
You are honestly probably gonna have to wait much longer than that. When the first F22 bisi header came out, it got delayed MONTHS. Not because of bisi, but because of his fabricator.
oh yea its been delayed big time...it was suppose to come out in nov last yr but there was issues then and the in feb. but due to material issues it took even longer to produce...that last is spoke to bisi's people they told me for sure end of may and i was on the list for the first few produce so we will see what happens.
Old 05-11-2009, 01:08 PM

so i tested fit most of the stuff and im getting to final parts left for it. got my catch can from b and r fittings, my thermo qaskets from XXX racing, i found some fuel/air ratio, oil temp, and boost guages from ebay for 50 bucks there glowshift guages black 7 with wiring.... i couldn't past it up and it came in the pod for it also... tq the head down and and bottom end pretty much down all i to start doing is put cams on and valve cover and the other stupid little things left.. and i also found some jdm foglights at a junkyard with the switch and relay for 40 bucks dumb ones didn't know how hard they are to get...
Attached Images      
Old 05-15-2009, 04:26 AM

so head is tq and the IM and TB are tq down. i took a pic of the transition between the tb to im inlet to see how they look and i was pretty happy. and thermogaskets work like a dream. we started putting on injectors and stuff battery died so couldn't take any pics of it so. cams are on and tq. man its really start to come together.hopefully i am tuning 7 of june since i have to go to texas for 1-5 june for work reasons. hey doesn't anybody remember where the race tracks are in dallas or arlington and if there are any events going on around that time.
Attached Images    
Old 05-16-2009, 12:47 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

is it just me or is that throttle body big!?
Old 05-16-2009, 08:48 PM

Originally Posted by vtecmeup981
is it just me or is that throttle body big!?
not really its only a 68mm TB I would have gotten 70mm but rosko suggest leave it at 68mm cuz it will leave a very thin wall for the euro-r and may cause problems later on..
i might just maybe next yr get ITB's and see what it does. since everyone is getting themand there making good power with them..
Old 06-04-2009, 02:07 PM

just a small update..... i have decided to change my header decisions.... I don't want to bash any one but the choice i was going to make before for my header has changed...its r&d has been delayed again til august and i dont have time to wait much longer. i have waited 8months and r&d is still not done umm..... so i have choosen to go with Sigma Six Racing aka SSR.... suggest by jake aka 2FastGSR thanks...... danny said it will be ready in 3 weeks which is great... i can finally get to RSTECH and get this puppy dynoed for street wars 2 at e-town....good luck to jake and randy at mir coming up...
Old 06-04-2009, 04:01 PM
Honda-Tech Member

^^ thats a damn good choice for a header. Danny does great work and he gets **** done fast! They make great power too.
Old 06-04-2009, 05:13 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by DSRxCandyh2bEG
^^ thats a damn good choice for a header. Danny does great work and he gets **** done fast! They make great power too.
Old 06-04-2009, 07:19 PM

Originally Posted by DSRxCandyh2bEG
thanks alot candy i was waiting for bisi to finish but some more bs aand i had it... i was talking to jake and he was call over there and u will be happy...its more than bisi but i get wat i want and i have a warranty on it so cant go wrong.... and thats also jjdm jeffery i also took your idea of the head to filter line for oil....

Last edited by crazes; 06-04-2009 at 07:31 PM.
Old 06-04-2009, 08:16 PM
Honda-Tech Member

good stuff
Old 06-06-2009, 06:55 AM

thanks alot candy i was waiting for bisi to finish but some more bs aand i had it... i was talking to jake and he was call over there and u will be happy...its more than bisi but i get wat i want and i have a warranty on it so cant go wrong.... and thats also jjdm jeffery i also took your idea of the head to filter line for oil....

I am sorry that you feel that way, but the reason why our headers make so much power is because of the R&D, testing and support that goes into each unit. Over 12 designs were made and perfected for the H series, and we are now performing longevity tests on a few of the finished products.

I will never release a header system that has not been dyno, street and track tested. I apologize for the delay, but our hardwork, is your gain. We do not "make up" dimensions for header builds, unlike others, and our performace track record is proof to what we can achieve. Thanks, and best of luck with your build.
Old 06-06-2009, 07:23 AM
Honda-Tech Member

not sure if it works to help the h22 rockers from getting ware but.I talked to larry at Endyn
that what he told me to do..and make sure u use good oil..
Old 06-06-2009, 08:44 AM
Honda-Tech Member

im excited with this build.. hopefully it gets done soon

awaits #!

also curious how the "titatitum springs + retainers (JGE)"

run hehehehe Just kiddin!
Old 06-06-2009, 09:48 AM
King of the One Liners

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

SSR . . .
Old 06-06-2009, 10:48 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Good luck with the build. Should be a beast!
Old 06-06-2009, 10:34 PM

Originally Posted by Bisimoto
I am sorry that you feel that way, but the reason why our headers make so much power is because of the R&D, testing and support that goes into each unit. Over 12 designs were made and perfected for the H series, and we are now performing longevity tests on a few of the finished products.

I will never release a header system that has not been dyno, street and track tested. I apologize for the delay, but our hardwork, is your gain. We do not "make up" dimensions for header builds, unlike others, and our performace track record is proof to what we can achieve. Thanks, and best of luck with your build.
ok so i understand that r&d is neccssary,that isnt my issue..this is my issue....i spoke to you guys in nov 08 that were going to be released, then i heard r&d story ok cool it takes time... then again i called in jan or feb..i think it was feb point being i was due to matterials were expensive cause or lack...now i was told call back again april....same issue again with materials wait longer please ok cool....now i call again in june when i was would be done and there not they got pushed back to august now cause of r&d. i understand its neccsary to do a good job but if your waiting for materials and to sale not for testing why is r&d not being accompised then with 12 designs you have..so when materials are in production can be done right away... thats my beef i just cant wait any longer if the header i buy doesnt work then later i can use your header.. but for now i feel i have waited long enough...8 months is long enough r&d something in my opinion... but 1 thing i will say and never take away... is that every call i made your staff was always on point with respect and curdiousy and thats sometimes hard to find even though the person on the other end may be a little upset about the sitituation... thanks bisi
Old 06-06-2009, 10:44 PM

Originally Posted by JDM JEFFREY
not sure if it works to help the h22 rockers from getting ware but.I talked to larry at Endyn
that what he told me to do..and make sure u use good oil..
well hopefully it works cause i had to get the right fitting from jegs so it would work right...i am going take pics today hopefully to make sure it looks right to you guys..

Originally Posted by d15Beta
im excited with this build.. hopefully it gets done soon

awaits #!

also curious how the "titatitum springs + retainers (JGE)"

run hehehehe Just kiddin!
your not the only one that is excited i have been doing this since jan of this yr and just issues here and there have been causing my drama just like anybody elses build has done before... i am curious about them too..i have spoken to couple different people and they have not had any issues with them at all. they said they have good quality to them... hopefully we get it started at least this week...need to randy at rstech to send me a chip for starting
Old 06-06-2009, 10:53 PM

Originally Posted by 2fastGSR
SSR . . .
thanks to you bro for the help on that decision... smart people like you make the new guys like me understand the game better and how to make power....

Originally Posted by PyroProblem
Good luck with the build. Should be a beast!
thanks alot ...... i hope it is a beast,i would like to have fastest all motor prelude but i know its going to be hard with 98vtec and rosko times to beat(i think they have the fastest) and i dont mean strip to complety cause for that i by a civic and strip that to race...i know its going to be hard to do but i will give it my best shot at it..
Old 06-09-2009, 05:49 PM

so yesterday i was on jdm jeffery thread i got a little motiviated to work on my car..... i saw that sexy looking engine bay i decided to start aleast getting all the old dirt and crap that i could get off with out removing every component in the bay..... i didn't have a pressure washer so i had to do it by hand with rags and brake cleaner... there was some serious dirt caked on there and grease and all that other **** i still got some more to go but i took a couple of shots just quick of how it looks now and all the rags i used to get it where it is now.... what you guys think?
Attached Images     
Old 06-10-2009, 05:09 AM
King of the One Liners

I think you need to get more done and stop taking pictures
Old 06-14-2009, 01:55 PM
Honda-Tech Member

I hate to say this, but I would strongly advise against running that engine - at all!

I built one of these a few years ago with (almost) the exact setup you are building now. 70mm TB, port matched Euro R IM (maxbore also), EuroR head, H23 block, Brian Crower cams, Crower rods - and P5P pistons.

After having a very reputable tuner dial my engine in (made 240/180 at the wheels) it blew at the first track day (which was the next weekend). I never even got 1500 miles on the motor.

The problem is the P5P pistons. The ring landing on the OEM pistons are not strong enough to handle the cylinder pressures you are going to have with that CR. You are going to be in the same power range as the turbo guys and if you read up on it, they stay away from OEM H series pistons.

I'd me happy to speak with you via telephone about it. I'd love to see you not make the same mistakes i did.

I'll post some pics of the setup . . .
Old 06-14-2009, 02:06 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Here's some pics so you know I'm not BSing:

I had the P5P pistons moly coated to decrease the effect of the poor R/S ratio:

The custom header that John at Hytech made for my setup:

The aftermath:

Attached Images     
Old 06-14-2009, 02:23 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Here are some pics fromt he track day when it blew. It was the first time it was driven hard. It had 1000 miles on it. It did not last 5 laps . . .

The beginning of the day:

After it blew up:

I'm uploading the dyno run onto youtube right now . . .
Attached Images     
Old 06-14-2009, 02:30 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Youtube FTW:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K3YspgfgSTw
Old 06-16-2009, 05:26 AM

Originally Posted by jeff652
I hate to say this, but I would strongly advise against running that engine - at all!

I built one of these a few years ago with (almost) the exact setup you are building now. 70mm TB, port matched Euro R IM (maxbore also), EuroR head, H23 block, Brian Crower cams, Crower rods - and P5P pistons.

After having a very reputable tuner dial my engine in (made 240/180 at the wheels) it blew at the first track day (which was the next weekend). I never even got 1500 miles on the motor.

The problem is the P5P pistons. The ring landing on the OEM pistons are not strong enough to handle the cylinder pressures you are going to have with that CR. You are going to be in the same power range as the turbo guys and if you read up on it, they stay away from OEM H series pistons.

I'd me happy to speak with you via telephone about it. I'd love to see you not make the same mistakes i did.

I'll post some pics of the setup . . .

I appericate the advice that you offer me. But i have taken the proper care required to do this. I have also had alot of friends do the same build but just in h22 blocks. thanks for the info i will keep it in mind. if i blow it i still have my h22 block just sitting at my house waiting to be used so its not a big deal for me. once again thanks alot.

Quick Reply: Time for my H23 VTEC Build DD