Notices
All Motor / Naturally Aspirated No power adders

oil in combustion chamber.....fixed see how.....

Search this Thread

Old 04-15-2004, 07:32 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default oil in combustion chamber.....fixed see how.....

ok so after getting some work done by Missisauga engines (canada) on my head.
nothing major just new valve springs and valves, i had burning oil problem and major oil in the combustion chamber #4 , after not having any problems at all with the oil before, and the motor was rebuilt 1 year ago , so after a leak down test and compression check everything was really good (3% leakdown), i bring it buy the "shop" tell him i have a problem , seemed like valve seals at the time because of big cloud of smoke in the morning, so i had to take apart the motor for him to do the seals , myself? so i did the seals were ok , so i put it back together.

i take the head off the next day again , bring it to the shop the day after, he says everything is good they can't find a problem , i say what about the valve guides ? he says no way there good,

i put it back on again same **** , the problem is there was so much oil on the spark plug it was clumpy!!!,

a wait a week , take it to a fellow mechanics shop, we take the head off again this time i take the valve springs out myself and check the guides, i get alot of play, i send it back to them, they say its good, "but do me a favour and take a piston out to check the rings and such", at this point i say ok whatever, i do it, nothing wrong with the rings, but the guy sent someone down to check the bore, he says out of round 2 degrees, i say so i didn't have these problems before the work on the head, so he replaces the guides in that cylinder just to "make me happy" i put everything back together and guess what......

ALL FIXED good to go, moral of the story, machine shops never will except responsibility, even when a mechanic can proove he is right!!!!

anyone in ontario, don't deal with MISSISAUGA ENGINES UNLESS YOU WANT PROBLEMS, this is not the first horrer story i found others if you would like to hear
Old 04-16-2004, 11:01 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: oil in combustion chamber.....fixed see how..... (AllMotorMark)

ttt
Old 04-17-2004, 05:54 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Did you have smoke when you accelerate the car full throttle? How much oil did you burn every 500 miles?
Old 04-17-2004, 06:51 AM
Honda-Tech Member

ALL FIXED good to go, moral of the story, machine shops never will except responsibility, even when a mechanic can proove he is right!!!!

So true
Old 04-23-2020, 08:30 PM
Trial User

Originally Posted by Aaron.Hillman
Did you have smoke when you accelerate the car full throttle? How much oil did you burn every 500 miles?
i do and i see abit of oil on cylinder #4 spark plugs ...its not the plug seal..
And im burning around 6qtrs every 500 miles