All Motor / Naturally Aspirated No power adders

New build break-in w/ Phearable.net basemap?

Search this Thread

Old 11-24-2008, 06:44 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New build break-in w/ Phearable.net basemap?

alright heres the setup the engine is gonna be, just for reference.

B17A1 block & Head
P61 Crank
P61 Rods
CTR STD 81mm Pistons
ARP Rodbolts, headstuds.
Blox Tuner Type-B Cams
SKunk2 Cam gears
Blox dual valve springs
Rocket motorsports titanium retainers
Exedy stage 1
fidanza 7.5lb flywheel
All new OEM gaskets etc (IE: Headgasket, Timingbelt, etc)
Crappy DC 4-1
HKS hi power catback 2 1/4" exhaust
AEM intake
Blox intake manifold
Stock T/B
Stock injectors

Im gonna be sending my P61 to phearable.net for chipping and a basemap for the above setup, will it be safe to break in the freshly built motor with their basemap or do i still need to tow it to the dyno, i figure since the basemap should be fairly close itd be safe to get it broke in fully and then take it to the dyno once thats done

Any helpful input would be great, this is my first motor build and im open to whatever reccomendations/tips etc that anyone wants to throw at me

More than likely after the build my cash will be going into my body and paint, but after that, a 70mm TB, a good header, some RC 310's and some headwork will probably be done then retuned.

Thanks in advance
Old 11-24-2008, 07:19 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by itslogz
alright heres the setup the engine is gonna be, just for reference.

B17A1 block & Head
P61 Crank
P61 Rods
CTR STD 81mm Pistons
ARP Rodbolts, headstuds.
Blox Tuner Type-B Cams
SKunk2 Cam gears
Blox dual valve springs
Rocket motorsports titanium retainers
Exedy stage 1
fidanza 7.5lb flywheel
All new OEM gaskets etc (IE: Headgasket, Timingbelt, etc)
Crappy DC 4-1
HKS hi power catback 2 1/4" exhaust
AEM intake
Blox intake manifold
Stock T/B
Stock injectors

Im gonna be sending my P61 to phearable.net for chipping and a basemap for the above setup, will it be safe to break in the freshly built motor with their basemap or do i still need to tow it to the dyno, i figure since the basemap should be fairly close itd be safe to get it broke in fully and then take it to the dyno once thats done

Any helpful input would be great, this is my first motor build and im open to whatever reccomendations/tips etc that anyone wants to throw at me

More than likely after the build my cash will be going into my body and paint, but after that, a 70mm TB, a good header, some RC 310's and some headwork will probably be done then retuned.

Thanks in advance
the only way i would use the phearable basemap is if you had a wideband o2 with AFR guage, an adjustable fuel pressure regulator, and some USB chip burning equipment with CROME in case you need to make adjustments. i'm not knocking phearable's maps, his services are great, but unless you have the other tools to make sure it's running safely from the start, then it might be safer to just tow the car to the dyno. good luck and post your results!
Old 11-24-2008, 07:24 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by ( o )( o )
the only way i would use the phearable basemap is if you had a wideband o2 with AFR guage, an adjustable fuel pressure regulator, and some USB chip burning equipment with CROME in case you need to make adjustments. i'm not knocking phearable's maps, his services are great, but unless you have the other tools to make sure it's running safely from the start, then it might be safer to just tow the car to the dyno. good luck and post your results!
Good suggestion, thanks alot. Ill be sure to post my results in the dyno thread, more than likely getting it tuned on EcTune By Blueridge Motorsports... Im shooting for atleast 190Whp hopefully thats a decent power goal for the listed setup. Maybe 200-205 with a good T/B and header and a little headwork
Old 11-24-2008, 07:29 PM
moderator emeritus

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by itslogz
Good suggestion, thanks alot. Ill be sure to post my results in the dyno thread, more than likely getting it tuned on EcTune By Blueridge Motorsports... Im shooting for atleast 190Whp hopefully thats a decent power goal for the listed setup. Maybe 200-205 with a good T/B and header and a little headwork
call joseph davis and ask him what HE wants you to do.