All Motor / Naturally Aspirated No power adders

K twizzle, MoTeC, iVtec, Vtec power

Search this Thread

Old 06-30-2005, 11:30 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: (SEFIxCivic)

Nice numbers and setup, plenty of room to still make powa.
Old 06-30-2005, 11:33 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (HotDC5)

R CREW RACING
Old 06-30-2005, 04:11 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (JSJ EG6)

kind of reminds me of a timex watch
Old 06-30-2005, 04:13 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: K twizzle, MoTeC, iVtec, Vtec power (rochesterricer)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by rochesterricer &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">How do the numbers put out by your Dynapack compare with Dynojets in your area, generally?</TD></TR></TABLE>

i have always heard that dynapacks read higher than dyno jets. from it seems almost everybody. this one i would say is prob dead on with a dyno jet. obviously #s are going to read differenly on different conditions and days. i think its more coincidence. but my baseline on this dynapack, was exactly what i made on a dyno jet. i mean right on the ******* money. couldnt really get closer. what did i baseline andy? 224 whp with 181ft lbs. those are the exact same numbers, the dyno jet put out.

Old 06-30-2005, 04:23 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: K twizzle, MoTeC, iVtec, Vtec power (THCk20eg)

thanks for setting the record straight Neil. I don't like to post my customers info without their consent, so thanks for speaking up.

Your K24 is pretty awesome. Maybe you can reveal to them your final numbers, and i'll post the the comparo between 2.0 vs 2.4 overlayed against one another.
Old 06-30-2005, 04:23 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: K twizzle, MoTeC, iVtec, Vtec power (SEFIxCivic)

go for it bro. numbers were about 231whp and 186ft lbs after only about 3 dyno pulls of tuning. could have probably got more out of it, but dan was being grumpy! hahah. nah the neighboors were complaining......ToOO muCH i-VTACH yO!

Modified by THCk20eg at 1:45 AM 7/1/2005
Old 06-30-2005, 04:52 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Neil's k24 ITR combo vs our best k20a ITR.
Old 06-30-2005, 05:00 PM
Honda-Tech Member

i feel special. tell dan i want to run him!!! hahha jp man. great job on the tuning bro.
Old 06-30-2005, 06:57 PM

What datalogging features are you using on the ADL? Dosn't it have like 20+ channels of logging cappability?
Old 06-30-2005, 07:12 PM
Honda-Tech Member

good to see the power is still there niel......love the curve....looks the same as the dynojet plot...

Old 06-30-2005, 07:51 PM

Default Re: K twizzle, MoTeC, iVtec, Vtec power (RedZone)

for rcrew

nice car cant wait for mine to get done....
Old 06-30-2005, 07:59 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Andy is BAD *** when it comes to tunning.
Old 06-30-2005, 10:33 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: K twizzle, MoTeC, iVtec, Vtec power (SuperTwinz)

to andy...
Old 06-30-2005, 10:33 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Nice setup.
Old 06-30-2005, 11:31 PM
HT White Ops

Received 25 Likes on 23 Posts

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by THCk20eg &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">i have always heard that dynapacks read higher than dyno jets. from it seems almost everybody. this one i would say is prob dead on with a dyno jet. obviously #s are going to read differenly on different conditions and days. i think its more coincidence. but my baseline on this dynapack, was exactly what i made on a dyno jet. i mean right on the ******* money. couldnt really get closer. what did i baseline andy? 224 whp with 181ft lbs. those are the exact same numbers, the dyno jet put out. </TD></TR></TABLE>

With a Dynapack, it is HIGHLY dependent on how the dyno is set up and how the runs are conducted. This is why I asked. Jeff Evans and JDogg, aka Wadzii, are known for having theirs set up to read slightly lower than area Dynojets. While Shawn Church is known to have his set up to read higher.

Personally, I like the way you, Jeff, and JDogg have yours set up, but it really doesn't matter. A dyno is simply a tuning tool, but such a set up is nice for a rough comparison between dynos
Old 06-30-2005, 11:58 PM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by SuperTwinz &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Andy is BAD *** when it comes to tunning. </TD></TR></TABLE>

and supertwinz is BAD *** when it comes to *** kissing! J/P
Old 07-01-2005, 12:01 AM
edo

Shawn's Dynapack 2000 read(s) ~8% higher due to the voltage regulator, not his choice. He recently acquired a Dynapack 4000 and it reads, you guessed it, ~8% less than the old one which is about what we see at local Dynojets. The dynapack 2000 is now out of warranty, I believe, and he'll be swapping out the voltage regulator so that it will be synched with the new unit. He's also offering previous customers to re-baseline.

-Ron
Old 07-01-2005, 12:42 AM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by RedZone &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">and supertwinz is BAD *** when it comes to *** kissing! J/P </TD></TR></TABLE>REDZONE is BAD *** when it comes to RHD conversions!
Old 07-01-2005, 12:55 AM

Ehh that hella low on power..Why dont you add some nawz!
Old 07-01-2005, 12:59 AM
HT White Ops

Received 25 Likes on 23 Posts
Default Re: K twizzle, MoTeC, iVtec, Vtec power (edo)

I had always been told that it has to do with the way it is set up, but that is good to know Ron. I'm glad to hear that the main complaint people have with his dyno will soon be eliminated
Old 07-01-2005, 01:05 AM
edo

Setup is also configurable in terms of ramp rate, gear ratio and other parameters for the Dynapack. I just wanted to relay the primary reason why Shawn's particular dyno read higher. I know Brad's `pack reads lower than dynojet by a great margin. I'm suspecting the voltage regulator is the culprit.

-Ron
Old 07-01-2005, 10:33 AM
MiG-21 superfan

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by rochesterricer &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

With a Dynapack, it is HIGHLY dependent on how the dyno is set up and how the runs are conducted. This is why I asked. Jeff Evans and JDogg, aka Wadzii, are known for having theirs set up to read slightly lower than area Dynojets. While Shawn Church is known to have his set up to read higher.

Personally, I like the way you, Jeff, and JDogg have yours set up, but it really doesn't matter. A dyno is simply a tuning tool, but such a set up is nice for a rough comparison between dynos </TD></TR></TABLE>

I mostly agree with you on all of this, fa sho.

My car put out about 9% MORE whp SAE on DRT dynojet 3 days after Jeff Evans dynapack wizardry. THe percentage difference between the two gets less, i believe, as the power levels go up; this seems to be the case...a 150whp engine will see a bigger gap (dpack vs. djet) than a 250 whp setup (dpack vs. djet)

BTW, that setup looks beautiful, Did Nate T. have anything to do with this or did he just watch . Any idea about how the owner feels about road racing with that cable actuated K trans? Cable stretch, clutch changes...all this is a great pain vs. what we've all been used to w/ Honda for some time, isn't it?
Old 07-01-2005, 11:31 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: K twizzle, MoTeC, iVtec, Vtec power (builthatch)

We've been tracking these cars for the past few months at events, and so far no one has complained about shifting. in fact it is highly praised. as far as on site tear downs, these engines and trannys have been models of reliability. the only problem we've seen is due to over reving or misshifts, which has happened to customers on their cars, but none on our own.

I'm guessing Nate T. works at motec correct? We haven't spoke with anyone there in regards to this project, although there were times where it was very close when I couldn't figure out the Ivtec. Somehow i got it working in the end as you can see.

Our dynopak is the dynopak 3000 btw.
Old 07-01-2005, 07:49 PM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by SuperTwinz &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">REDZONE is BAD *** when it comes to RHD conversions! </TD></TR></TABLE>

true that....finishing one right now...hahaha

but who tuned neils car........?
Old 07-01-2005, 09:37 PM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by RedZone &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">true that....finishing one right now...hahaha

but who tuned neils car........? </TD></TR></TABLE>

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by THCk20eg &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">i have always heard that dynapacks read higher than dyno jets. from it seems almost everybody. this one i would say is prob dead on with a dyno jet. obviously #s are going to read differenly on different conditions and days. i think its more coincidence. but my baseline on this dynapack, was exactly what i made on a dyno jet. i mean right on the ******* money. couldnt really get closer. what did i baseline andy? 224 whp with 181ft lbs. those are the exact same numbers, the dyno jet put out. </TD></TR></TABLE>
<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by THCk20eg &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">go for it bro. numbers were about 231whp and 186ft lbs after only about 3 dyno pulls of tuning. could have probably got more out of it, but dan was being grumpy! hahah. nah the neighboors were complaining......ToOO muCH i-VTACH yO!

Modified by THCk20eg at 1:45 AM 7/1/2005</TD></TR></TABLE>

Quick Reply: K twizzle, MoTeC, iVtec, Vtec power