Notices
All Motor / Naturally Aspirated No power adders

Itb's post!

Search this Thread

Old 08-17-2008, 10:50 AM
King of the One Liners

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Re: (high_revs)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by high_revs &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

im pretty sure with stock cams it will lose power. </TD></TR></TABLE>

Sorry Brian , i dont necessarily agree with that . .

People said the same thing about the skunk manifold too and we blew that out of the water. .

I believe it is all in the tuner . Obviously you cant throw a set of 54mm itbs on and expect it to make killer power but i believe a stock h22 would do just fine on a set.

We are trying to dyno my setup on NAH2B's stock motor and compare to his manifolds for some better input . .
Old 08-17-2008, 09:13 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Re: (2fastGSR)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by 2fastGSR &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Sorry Brian , i dont necessarily agree with that . .

People said the same thing about the skunk manifold too and we blew that out of the water. .

I believe it is all in the tuner . Obviously you cant throw a set of 54mm itbs on and expect it to make killer power but i believe a stock h22 would do just fine on a set.

We are trying to dyno my setup on NAH2B's stock motor and compare to his manifolds for some better input . . </TD></TR></TABLE>

In for that

Old 08-18-2008, 12:38 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

The first pics of ITBs posted on the first page were the ITBs I used on my famous car/setup thanks to youtube. Those ITBs have some history, it was used in an EG road race track car back in 2000 or so and has been in a few other track-only setups in different cars.

My YouTube Videos
- My EG B20V vs Friends EK K20S
- Dyno vid

All motor, no bottle. I miss that car and setup
Old 08-18-2008, 01:52 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (LERRY)

wow!
Old 08-18-2008, 02:26 PM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by 2fastGSR &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

Sorry Brian , i dont necessarily agree with that . .

We are trying to dyno my setup on NAH2B's stock motor and compare to his manifolds for some better input . . </TD></TR></TABLE>

yeah lol your right just about any h22 fairly stock setup has lost power with a skunk 2 manifold, but in recent setups (yours and NAH2B's) have main pretty respectable gains. altho there really arent too many internally stock h22 itb setup dyno's out there..im deff intrested in the results you guys come up with now on a motor with some cams and comp. bump itbs shine
Old 08-18-2008, 03:17 PM

Default Re: (high_revs)

F22 non vtec! Kinsler 62mm ITBs.
Old 08-18-2008, 03:20 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: (Bisimoto)

But, how does it idle? LOL
Old 08-18-2008, 04:27 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (DonF)

that's a really nice motor...

i'm not familiar with that kind of fuel system, but it's similar to the way F1 cars run right? the fuel is misted into the velocity stack?

what ignition system are you using?

Old 08-18-2008, 04:36 PM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Bisimoto &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

F22 non vtec! Kinsler 62mm ITBs.</TD></TR></TABLE>

that is beautiful!!!! bisi is the only guy i think to be running an all motor SOHC still and just about on top of the game
Old 08-19-2008, 04:06 AM

Don, it will idle beautifully, as I will use an AEM EMS and run it on alpha-n (TPS based tuning)

My COP ignition setup will consist of the AEM Twin fire and controlled by the EMS as well. You can see the Engine position module, which replaces the distributor, in the pic above.

Thanks for the kind words!
Old 08-19-2008, 04:35 AM

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by LERRY &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">The first pics of ITBs posted on the first page were the ITBs I used on my famous car/setup thanks to youtube. Those ITBs have some history, it was used in an EG road race track car back in 2000 or so and has been in a few other track-only setups in different cars.

My YouTube Videos
- My EG B20V vs Friends EK K20S
- Dyno vid

All motor, no bottle. I miss that car and setup </TD></TR></TABLE>

Very nicely done car, almost exactly like mine when i had itbs.. I rosted quite a few k swapped cars.. i ran neck and neck from a 20 punch with a bolt on 01 SS, vtec sounded like a gun and man was it SICKWIDIT lol
how'd much did you end up making?
Old 08-19-2008, 05:57 AM
King of the One Liners

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Bisimoto &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote"> run it on alpha-n (TPS based tuning)

</TD></TR></TABLE>

We have also incorporated alpha-n on my car. . .

Interesting to see one of the fastest AM cars in the world using it as well ! ! !
Old 08-19-2008, 08:45 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Bisimoto &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Don, it will idle beautifully, as I will use an AEM EMS and run it on alpha-n (TPS based tuning)

My COP ignition setup will consist of the AEM Twin fire and controlled by the EMS as well. You can see the Engine position module, which replaces the distributor, in the pic above.

Thanks for the kind words!</TD></TR></TABLE> I want to try the AEM ignition position module. Just have not gotten around to it. Tried to get the Honda magnetic sensors in a gutted dist. to work and they did not. Nice work. Does 325 duration really idle? Must be the 3 litres
Old 08-19-2008, 08:46 AM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Bisimoto &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

F22 non vtec! Kinsler 62mm ITBs.</TD></TR></TABLE>

How much power are you expecting out of this monster? That's the castrol top shop challenge motor right?
Old 08-19-2008, 10:55 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (IntegraType-R)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by IntegraType-R &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

Very nicely done car, almost exactly like mine when i had itbs.. I rosted quite a few k swapped cars.. i ran neck and neck from a 20 punch with a bolt on 01 SS, vtec sounded like a gun and man was it SICKWIDIT lol
how'd much did you end up making?</TD></TR></TABLE>

ITBs made 223whp. I made 212whp at doitdyno bubbatuned with a skunk2 manifold. OEM cam gears which were always at 0,0 and I had a compression ratio of 11.5:1 (cp pistons/eagle rods). There was more power to be made in various places but I got it just right to be streetable also. The fun ended when I got a ref ticket, car was a bit loud even at idle, ITBs are monsters. They couldn't find my intake and asked me where it was, I told them I didn't have one lol and they believed me since they couldn't spot it. They were baffled even looking at my setup and ITBs, they were clueless. They even had a clip board of what to look for and were taking pictures inside and out of my car. Ended up getting a state ref ticket for exhaust and emissions (all because i had a breather on my valve cover). They're plenty of other cars I beat that do very well at the track. I raced an 06 STi with bolt ons, 22psi, etc. from a 1st gear roll. Of course I spinned all of first, second, and barely started traction in 3rd(******* has complete traction from the start lol), by almost the top of 4th I was at his passenger door pulling very hard which is when he decides to slow down. No doubt if we woulda went from a 2nd gear roll or even went to the top of 5th I would've had him and he agreed, he is a good friend of mine . No traction
Old 08-19-2008, 11:10 AM
Honda-Tech Member

itb's are the shizzle
Old 08-19-2008, 11:55 AM
Honda-Tech Member

ITB"s been getting alot of attention lately....

might have to try these out over my performer x manifold
Old 08-19-2008, 01:35 PM

Default Re: (Mhollaek9)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Mhollaek9 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">ITB"s been getting alot of attention lately....

might have to try these out over my performer x manifold</TD></TR></TABLE>

there's a reason i switched from my ported /polish twms to a pX manifold.. Stick to your pX ..
Old 08-19-2008, 01:47 PM
Honda-Tech Member

care to share the reason my friend?
Old 08-20-2008, 04:28 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (IntegraType-R)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by IntegraType-R &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

there's a reason i switched from my ported /polish twms to a pX manifold.. Stick to your pX ..</TD></TR></TABLE>

yeah they're called twm's
Old 08-20-2008, 04:36 AM

Default Re: (thevtecnician)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by thevtecnician &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

How much power are you expecting out of this monster? That's the castrol top shop challenge motor right?</TD></TR></TABLE>

I will have dyno charts in about 3 weeks. That engine is going into my street EG. The castrol build looks similar.

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by DonF &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote"> I want to try the AEM ignition position module. Just have not gotten around to it. Tried to get the Honda magnetic sensors in a gutted dist. to work and they did not. Nice work. Does 325 duration really idle? Must be the 3 litres</TD></TR></TABLE>

With alpha-n, you can get anything to idle! The optical sensors in the EPM is so accurate, you will simply love it. Let me know when you are ready, as I can get you a sick DonF price!
Old 08-20-2008, 05:56 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts
Default Re: (93-lsvtec-eh2)

i have integra type-r's old twms, and ive had zero issues...they dont stick a bit. i dont know why twm's have such a bad rap.
Old 08-20-2008, 06:56 AM
King of the One Liners

Default Re: (killerpenguin21)

TWMs are on the fastest all motor honda in the world . . .

He doesn't seem to have any problems with them . .
Old 08-20-2008, 07:04 AM

Default Re: (93-lsvtec-eh2)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by 93-lsvtec-eh2 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

yeah they're called twm's</TD></TR></TABLE>

TWM's had nothing to do with it..
Car reactted better to this type of manifold setup.. It took in more then 40% MORE fuel all over vs the itbs.. the power was carried higher too.. The midrange was too sick to even talk about.. this car had no traction with the itbs as it was.. its worst now.. and i loved itbs..

Stop riding people's dicks who say twm is bad because they're not.. People say they're bad because they do not take the time to figure out whats wrong and then try to figure out how to make it right.. Because they dont fix themselves they're bad..?
Get off the bandwagon.. tired of that crap.

Modified by IntegraType-R at 10:10 AM 8/20/2008
Old 08-20-2008, 07:10 AM

Default Re: (Mhollaek9)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Mhollaek9 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">care to share the reason my friend?</TD></TR></TABLE>
I've noticed this not only with my car but a few other itbs setups i've tuned..
the itbs give HUGE midrange and "ok" top end on cars that have high compression and mildly high cams but rev pretty high , such as my motor..
A manifold is needed because thats what my motor likes..
I've noticed itbs take away from some of the low end i like off the line.. from 1200~3400rpms the car had nothing.. from a low roll thats pretty killer on accelling..
The car had a huge jump from 5100~7000 and the car stopped wanting fuel around 8700rpms but the cams on the OG skunk2 manifold stopped making power at like 8900rpms.. Didn't make sense for me to lower my power output..
My mid range is the same with this manifold.. higher power output and i'm able to rev higher because i wanna feel cool..
I mean come on. Study the reasons.. there's a thread a few months ago of the Stock Px vs a ported IM type-r manifold, a Skunk2 and a AEBS and even some other stuff, oh ya the victor X and it out PERFORMED THEM ALL.. by a far margin too.. I Like this manifold.. Alot.. Probably the BEST bolt on i've bought besides the hytech 2.0 header that i own now..
Its long runner designs and good portioned plenum is a good design for all motor.. which is why turbo cars suffer when they put it on..

Quick Reply: Itb's post!