Old 08-03-2008, 09:53 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

CRX
Old 08-04-2008, 12:57 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: (Combustion Contraption)

I can't believe this hasnt been locked yet Mods are slackin!
Old 08-04-2008, 01:06 PM

Default Re: (soulpwr)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by soulpwr &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">I can't believe this hasnt been locked yet Mods are slackin!</TD></TR></TABLE>

i said it awhile back and its still going
Old 08-06-2008, 10:59 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: ITB's on a daily drivin car good Idea or not or can it be done and how (Hood4real)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Hood4real &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">I want a ITB set up cause I plan on building a new daily driven car with a 220 horse power b16, but I have never used ITB's before and not exactly fimiliar with them but what I would like to know is if it can be done I live in baltimore and it gets really cold hear in the winter, so I was wondering first what is needed to run them properly like a honda s300 etc......... And also is it a good Idea to run a set on my everyday driver cause I hear it hard to keep the car running when its stopped and its at idle but I have never used them and I think there has to be some way to get around that but I know you guys might know how to or mabey has a set on your daily driver. Plus I apollogize early if this has allready been asked </TD></TR></TABLE>

haha

i can build a ls/vtec using all stock parts and still make more power then that

jdm p30 pistons ctr cams and valve springs itr 4to1 header gsr head ls rods with arp bolts

and there you go 220+whp with less then 4k in it
Old 08-06-2008, 11:01 AM
STAR

Default Re: ITB's on a daily drivin car good Idea or not or can it be done and how (LA_HONDAS)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by LA_HONDAS &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

haha

i can build a ls/vtec using all stock parts and still make more power then that

jdm p30 pistons ctr cams and valve springs itr 4to1 header gsr head ls rods with arp bolts

and there you go 220+whp with less then 4k in it</TD></TR></TABLE>

220+whp? try 190.
Old 08-06-2008, 11:07 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: ITB's on a daily drivin car good Idea or not or can it be done and how (BMo Tuning)

i know somebody did it already 2 years ago
Old 08-06-2008, 11:18 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: ITB's on a daily drivin car good Idea or not or can it be done and how (LA_HONDAS)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by LA_HONDAS &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">i know somebody did it already 2 years ago</TD></TR></TABLE>

Sure ya do.
Old 08-06-2008, 11:23 AM
STAR

Default Re: ITB's on a daily drivin car good Idea or not or can it be done and how (FST GSR 1)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by FST GSR 1 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

Sure ya do.
</TD></TR></TABLE>

I made 300whp with pro1s and 81mm rs machine pistons two years ago. I lost the dyno graph though.
Old 08-06-2008, 11:34 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: ITB's on a daily drivin car good Idea or not or can it be done and how (BMo Tuning)

more power to you
Old 08-07-2008, 04:14 AM
Honda-Tech Member

220 on a dyna pak
Old 08-07-2008, 02:09 PM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by BMo Tuning &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

I made 300whp with pro1s and 81mm rs machine pistons two years ago. I lost the dyno graph though.</TD></TR></TABLE>
I made 325 on the same setup, but on california 91 octane
Old 08-08-2008, 01:35 PM

forget the itb's and spend ur hard earned money on something else
Old 08-15-2008, 07:15 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Re: (Fkned)

who is this in-2-vtech character? and why can't he/she spell VTEC?

put all your thoughts about human interaction and whatever on myface. we're here to talk about hondas. if some people bump heads, who cares... it's entertaining.
Old 08-16-2008, 07:27 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (In2-vtech)

Originally Posted by In2-vtech
Cause he dont what to be like everyone else with a honda.

racing the car in fact the tittle of this topic has street car in it is enough to tell me the guy doesnt care about the speed.

But here is the point of what I am saying I would also like to know how to tune ITB's to be able to run on a daily driver and since most of you didnt help out or give any type of help

So since I am asking and you have no reason to hate on me other than being confused as to why you guys hate on him, say this

Now hopefully we might can get on what the topic WAS about and that ITB's not about that its not possible for a b16 to make that power cause it ipossible and has been possible for a while.

To hood4real glad to see that there is somebody in the honda game thats willing to be different and doesnt mind spending a few bucks to get what you want. Because I am tired of seeing the same cookie cutter cars all over the internet and at show's

Now can whe get to learning about ITB's or will a bunch of grown men who act like children still get in the way???????
First off I wasted the time to read this thread and have to laugh

Claiming to be an OG in the scene and this is the FIRST TIME youve run across ITBs and have to ask on a public forum like a NooB = wAck yO

Secondly, claiming to "not care about speed" and then ordering a crate motor that was built for extreme/racing conditions --- doesnt make any sense at all --- if speed didnt matter youd have the stock motor rebuilt to new specs and call it a day -- so theres a MAJOR HOLE in your 99 cent store armor

Creating ANOTHER account to refute the sound advice given is laughable but sadly comical

TO answer the question of can ITBs be run everyday = YES, any nOOb with a keyboard can order a set, slap them on, get them tuned and throw up "dubs" and be "gAnGsTa"

But any guy worth his salt would probably laugh when you told them you ordered a crate motor like a pizza, spent 7K on a B16 and then another probably 2-3K on ITBs and tuning and are getting smoked by H2B swaps with H22s and bolt-ons --- then when you say "I dont care about speed" the crowd can laugh even louder

You have no plans to race but ordered a race motor?

Your a poseur with more money than sense and the more you try to defend the WHY you want ITBs it shows...citing the redline as some magical feat "ooooo but it has a 9500rpm redline"

Saying "props for being different" --- opening a book, dialing a number and oredering a ready made engine isnt exactly being a 'trend setter' -- thats about as anti-DIY as it gets (understandable) but hardly worthy of 'props'

Having a B16 making 200+whp -- already been done by quite a few true OGs that I know of -- mostly in the 818 and 626 areas of Cali -- so nothing new there -- they also either have/tried ITBs on their setups --- nothing new there either

So basically giving him props for repeating whats been tried/tested/true for YEARS is not gonna get 'props' for being different or unique because its NOT

Half of these guys live to race on weekends and are trying to save the guy money but he is so ignorant he clings to "being different and not about speed" --- a total line of BS

The question has been answered already YES YOU CAN RUN ITBs DAILY....you can also run into traffic daily....either way I hope the OP does BOTH so we can stop having to read his ignorant, flawed and laughly retarded posts

7K is a drop in the bucket for most of the people here who have probably invested multiples of that over the years searching for more power from their setups....

Reliable Race Motor --- A real baller would throw a blown motor EN DA GUTTA - AN GO BYE ANUDDA --- cUs dA bOyZ iN dA hOOd R aLwAyS hAAD -- ridiculous

Its a Honda man. drive it, race it, blow it, make it faster and drive it again

Take some risks BALLER...its only money right? Just buy the ITBs and tune them yourself triple OG killa ....Im sure your 13+ years of Honda experience will make tuning them a snap -- hell you probably key stroke base maps in your sleep

I know people from MD and honestly if they read this they would be embarassed...them boys were rep'ing NA low 12 sec EGs back in 00/01....and then you jump on here asking about ITBs like a noob....sad
Old 08-14-2009, 09:50 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: ITB's on a daily drivin car good Idea or not or can it be done and how

Originally Posted by BMo Tuning
So you made a new account?

Thats cool.
This made me lol
Old 08-14-2009, 10:10 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: ITB's on a daily drivin car good Idea or not or can it be done and how

Originally Posted by oldschooljdm
This made me lol

Do not bumb year old threads with absolutely no information to add.
Old 08-14-2009, 11:09 AM

Default Re: ITB's on a daily drivin car good Idea or not or can it be done and how (hotrod99)

Originally Posted by Hood4real
I give you a hint there are some other crate motors out there and I will tell you who its not from, Spoon/opak aj racing skunk2 eagle
You are an asshat. it's King for christs sake. i didnt bother to read how many others already noticed this. i just had to tell you how assinine your " secret" motor is.
Old 08-14-2009, 11:11 AM

S**********,sorry to bump this old *** post guys. I had a mental lapse and did not look at the dates( slaps self)
Old 08-14-2009, 11:24 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

i would say no its not a good idea unless you want to cut a hole in your hood. otherwise you will be ingesting hot engine bay air = less hp
Old 08-14-2009, 11:34 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Old 08-14-2009, 09:04 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

98% of the people who have replied, haven't even held a set of itbs in their hands.

Made great power, and daily drove for over a year, w/o filters.
Tune em correctly and install them correctly and you wont have any problems.. its pretty str8 forward.
Old 08-15-2009, 02:51 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 67 Likes on 67 Posts

Your talking about 98% of the people having never held a set. Therefore, no one should take their advice? You go and state that you ran your DD without any filters for a year. IMO, By saying that you sound about as credible as the people who have never touched a set.

"They made great power". That's a rather informative statement. Do you remember how much of a power gain you where able to get with your mystery ITB setup?

I agree with you that they aren't as hard as people are making them out to be. There are gains to be had with a proper setup. I only had mine running on my car for an afternoon. They ran OK for an idle and standing throttle response test that's all I did. So I'm not what you would classify as an ITB guru. However I have been around individual throttle body engines enough to know what you need to make them tick.

Last edited by GhostAccord; 08-15-2009 at 03:03 AM.
Old 08-15-2009, 08:53 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

ghost.. you know me relax..
and ya.. i picked up over 18whp vs a skunk2 manifold
I know you, know what yoru talking about, you helped me a few years ago..

Last edited by DDTECH; 08-15-2009 at 09:00 AM.
Old 08-15-2009, 09:07 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 67 Likes on 67 Posts

Originally Posted by ALL M0T0R
I figured, only after I read your sig...
Old 08-15-2009, 10:02 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by ALL M0T0R
and ya.. i picked up over 18whp vs a skunk2 manifold
I know you, know what yoru talking about, you helped me a few years ago..
took me a second...but what up man!

i dont "daily" my itb's but they made decent power. still debating if i should go to a manifold, but i think i have fallen short in either the compression or cam department. that airbox above does look tempting though.

hardest part of setting them up on my car was figureing out what throttle cable to use and how to get them to open 100% on the tps. they drive just like a manifold tho.

Quick Reply: ITB's on a daily drivin car good Idea or not or can it be done and how