Notices
All Motor / Naturally Aspirated No power adders

ITB's on an allmotor LS worth it?

Search this Thread

Old 02-23-2005, 05:06 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default ITB's on an allmotor LS worth it?

I have an allmotor LS in my Hatch and was wondering how i could squeeze some extra horses out. I have several plans for later this year to get me past the 170 WHP mark that Im stuck at now, and one of the ways is a set of custom ITB's. Now this hasn't been done much on LS/B20's for the exception of one person with an allmotor B20 that laid down 198 whp.

I am just curious if I should go along with it and what are the advantages/disadvantages of it. Like:

1. How much will my low end suffer with ITB's?

2. Is there any other Throttle bodies that I can use besides GSXR and CBR ITB's(these are becoming harder to find and more expensive)?

3. Is there anyone else with a similiar set up as mine running ITB's(click on the link in my sig)?

Most of the cars I have seen this done to is Vtec cars, and yes I have searched, but have not found any before and after dyno comparisons. Any suggestion and comments are helpful!

Modified by hybrid_vtec at 11:13 PM 2/23/2005
Old 02-23-2005, 09:21 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

bump..i would also like to know
Old 02-23-2005, 10:11 PM

Default Re: (ea_b16hatchie)

Old 02-24-2005, 09:14 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (athoughts)

bump
Old 02-24-2005, 03:52 PM
I'm a Jackass

Default Re: (hybrid_vtec)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by ea_b16hatchie &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">bump..i would also like to know</TD></TR></TABLE>
same here
Old 02-24-2005, 03:57 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (turbofienD 04)

sidedraft carbs are another option, especially on non vtec engines.

oh, and f*ck the rumors you will here on h-t. talk to people who actually run them.
Old 02-24-2005, 04:39 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (JaeOne3345)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by JaeOne3345 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">sidedraft carbs are another option, especially on non vtec engines.

oh, and f*ck the rumors you will here on h-t. talk to people who actually run them.</TD></TR></TABLE>

Why side draft carbs?
Old 02-24-2005, 06:11 PM

honestly, i wanna kno ur setup to see if u will benefit from the ITBs. there are some variables that come into play while using ITB's. IMO, i feel that their power is more on a broad range while a good IM and large TB will be useful for peak power. let us kno ur setup u will be using..............also, what fuel management will u be running?? this will be key into gettin the most out of ur setup.............
Old 02-24-2005, 06:33 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (Superdragr45)

click on "My Setup and Dyno" in my sig or click here:

https://honda-tech.com/zeropost?cmd=fshow&id=44
Old 02-24-2005, 06:48 PM

IMO dont waste your money....buy a vtec head or somthing then look into ITBs
Old 02-24-2005, 07:22 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (H.A.R.T B18C5EH2)

The whole reaon behind the build I have is to not have vtec. I know its sounds crazy to most, but thats what I am about!

Why would ITB's be bad for my setup?

Im just curious to see what I can accomplish, and to spend $300 to build some ITB's I think is nothing to try it and test it out. If I am not satisfied then I will sell the them. But I want to buy a few things that I think may bump up my numbers. First on the list is higher compression and bigger cams. Which will be done by use of CTR Pistons and Crower 405 cams. Next is a better header, some ITB's, and better fuel management.
Old 02-25-2005, 05:03 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by hybrid_vtec &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">The whole reaon behind the build I have is to not have vtec. I know its sounds crazy to most, but thats what I am about!

Why would ITB's be bad for my setup?

Im just curious to see what I can accomplish, and to spend $300 to build some ITB's I think is nothing to try it and test it out. If I am not satisfied then I will sell the them. But I want to buy a few things that I think may bump up my numbers. First on the list is higher compression and bigger cams. Which will be done by use of CTR Pistons and Crower 405 cams. Next is a better header, some ITB's, and better fuel management. </TD></TR></TABLE>

Hybrid vtec, please make sure you clay your motor when you install ctr pistons and 405's. The 405's have a fair bit more lift than my cams, and even my piston to valve clearance is very tight (with CTR pistons).

Best of luck bro.
Old 02-25-2005, 06:43 AM

Default Re: (arw321)

hey man talk to lil ricky he ran itbs on his ls a for a little while. he has the fastist all motor b20 crx in the wolrd and i think style teg ran em as well

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by arw321 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

Hybrid vtec, please make sure you clay your motor when you install ctr pistons and 405's. The 405's have a fair bit more lift than my cams, and even my piston to valve clearance is very tight (with CTR pistons).

Best of luck bro. </TD></TR></TABLE> its allreayd built thats why there is a dyno number
Old 02-25-2005, 06:57 AM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by arw321 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

Best of luck bro. </TD></TR></TABLE>

For sure! If there is a problem I will keep the P30's in the block. 405's are big with .502" of lift!

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by v-6 hatch &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">hey man talk to lil ricky he ran itbs on his ls a for a little while. he has the fastist all motor b20 crx in the wolrd and i think style teg ran em as well

its allreayd built thats why there is a dyno number </TD></TR></TABLE>

I didnt think StyleTeg ran ITB's, but Ricky in MD I know runs ITB's which made me consider running them.

The dyno numbers I have are from the current build I have now w/ 404's and P30 Pistons! The new build wont be til later this year.

Old 02-25-2005, 08:05 AM
Honda-Tech Member

ITB on an LS would be sick! Run a wild *** cam on that LS with the ITB and it'll be a good combination.

Old 02-25-2005, 09:00 AM

Default Re: (exospeedAMcrx)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by exospeedAMcrx &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">ITB on an LS would be sick! Run a wild *** cam on that LS with the ITB and it'll be a good combination.</TD></TR></TABLE>

I'm going to have to agree, but note that the low end may be a bit sluggish, especially with a large enough cam profile to make the ITB's happy at high rpms.
Old 02-25-2005, 09:53 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Re: (v-6 hatch)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by v-6 hatch &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">
its allreayd built thats why there is a dyno number </TD></TR></TABLE>

Try reading the entire post, smart guy.

Bump for an interesting thread - I'm surprised nobody has experience with ITB's on an LS.
Old 02-25-2005, 12:11 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Bump for an interesting thread - I'm surprised nobody has experience with ITB's on an LS.
</TD></TR></TABLE>

Thats why I want to build a set and test out different IM combos vs. a set of ITB's. I want bring different options to the table for us, and it has to start somewhere!
Old 02-25-2005, 12:15 PM
Honda-Tech Member

havent seen ITBs yet, but I've seen some Carbed LS' from back in the day like 92-93
Old 02-25-2005, 01:41 PM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by exospeedAMcrx &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">havent seen ITBs yet, but I've seen some Carbed LS' from back in the day like 92-93</TD></TR></TABLE>

Its an idea, but I think it would be too hard to tune? If not I would do it b/c they arent that expensive.
Old 02-25-2005, 01:56 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Ive ran ITB's on my car for a little bit on both a 1.8 and a 2.0 LS. I have TWM 50mm ITB's witch I think where prolly a little to big for my set up but I had them so I used them. The 1.8 motor ran better with the Type-r intake and the 2.0 run just about the same with ether. I now run a stock Type-r because some street classes wont let you run ITB's.

I would run Crane #20 cams in that set up I liked those cams the best they cost alittle more but they seem to work best.

If your going to run 405's you have to do alot of things to the head to not coil bind.
Old 02-25-2005, 01:59 PM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by hybrid_vtec &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

Its an idea, but I think it would be too hard to tune? If not I would do it b/c they arent that expensive.</TD></TR></TABLE>The carbs will make more power then fuel injection but I think that they take a little more to tune.
Old 02-25-2005, 03:32 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (nonvtecallmotor)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by nonvtecallmotor &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">The carbs will make more power then fuel injection but I think that they take a little more to tune.</TD></TR></TABLE>

Yeah you have to tune them with jets, and just like most carbed cars, you have to use a choke. There are no fuel injectors.
Old 02-25-2005, 03:41 PM
Honda-Tech Member

every hp counts bud! go for it
Old 02-25-2005, 05:05 PM

Default Re: (sheepeg3)

im planning a itb setup on my b20, ill provide results when done. Id say go for it.

Quick Reply: ITB's on an allmotor LS worth it?